Can a GBA link up with a DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ShayeRuecker (149 posts) -
I was told by a customer that you can link a game boy advance wirelessly to a DS if you have the wireless adapter like the ones from the first gen of the Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green games. Is this true?
#2 Posted by tman978 (2006 posts) -

I was told by a customer that you can link a game boy advance wirelessly to a DS if you have the wireless adapter like the ones from the first gen of the Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green games. Is this true?
ShayeRuecker
No it's not. If you wanna Trade your pokemon from your GBA games to your DS Pokemon games, you have to insert the DS version and the GBA version into the same DS System. They can communicate that way. That goes for other games too. Usually, you have to have a DS and a GBA version of the same game to unlock features in the DS version.

To answer what you're asking, No you cant wirelessly battle/trade Pokemon from a GBA to DS. At least not that I know of.

#3 Posted by ShayeRuecker (149 posts) -

Actually I was thinking moreso playing multiplayer GBA games.

Is it possible for a DS to play Mario Tennis GBA with a gameboy advance? 

#4 Posted by tman978 (2006 posts) -
No. DS doesn't have a link cable. It's totally wireless. Even if you you're playing a multiplayer GBA game in your DS, there is no way to connect to a GBA.
#5 Posted by ShayeRuecker (149 posts) -
the wireless adapter for the gba?
#6 Posted by Teen_of_Tech (95 posts) -
Nope, even with the Wireless Adapter. There is no connectivity between the DS and GBA. End of story.
#7 Posted by francis_487 (25 posts) -
simply put, DS can only play GBA games in single player mode. gba to gba in DS won't work. gba to ds won't either.
#8 Posted by ShayeRuecker (149 posts) -
Thank you
#9 Posted by Yalamix (25 posts) -
Yes, GBA can be linked up with a DS by cable. Once I saw it for sale, but I didn't have a DS at that moment and then I just bought the Cable Link (That sucks).