Buying a Wii now...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GreenTunic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GreenTunic
Member since 2011 • 49 Posts
Ok, I am a huge Zelda fan, ive bought everyone ever sense OoT in 98. I do not have a Wii however.( I played TP on the GC) now, being that the Wii is on its way out, is it worth buying for SS? and are there other Wii games for me to have more reason to buy it. I just dont wanna waste money on a whole console for one game, but i will.
arsenal262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 arsenal262
Member since 2010 • 592 Posts

Ok, I am a huge Zelda fan, ive bought everyone ever sense OoT in 98. I do not have a Wii however.( I played TP on the GC) now, being that the Wii is on its way out, is it worth buying for SS? and are there other Wii games for me to have more reason to buy it. I just dont wanna waste money on a whole console for one game, but i will.GreenTunic

No, the console is dead. If you can wait for the wii u it will be backward compatable or else lend someone else's wii.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Are you in need of a system that runs GC games? if so, I bet the WiiU will not, which is another good reason to buy a Wii, even if the WiiU is BC with Wii games (and it will be). That said, if you can wait a year or so for the WiiU, you can play Wii games on that. I needed the Wii for GC anyway, since my cube took a beating from some stupid people who dont watch where they are sitting :P.

Games to get:

1. Skyward Sword
  2. Mario Galaxy 2
  3. Mario Galaxy
  4. Xenoblade Chronicles
  5. Other M (flawed but fun)
  6. Metroid Prime Trilogy
  7. Donkey Kong Country Returns
  8. and more
GreenTunic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GreenTunic
Yeah your right, and i never even thought about the WiiU being BC. thanks. what are some other good Wii games though?
GreenTunic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GreenTunic
Thanks! and no, my GC still runs fine, as do all my games for it. Same for my n64 incase i decide to beat MM finally.
AxMxH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AxMxH
Member since 2011 • 62 Posts

Xenoblade and SS , Really worthy to buy wii for them , soon I am going to Canada and I am going to buy wii again there for just Xenoblade and SS , Trust me they worth it and the device just 100 $ like 2 games Ps3

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Since you are a Zelda guy, I imagine you will want to play the HD Zelda on WiiU. So I would just wait and get that instead since it is backwards compatible with Wii games. ...who knows, they might even do something with Zelda SS to make use of the new controllers (like they did with some GC games that were remade on the Wii)
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Armored_Pillow
Member since 2011 • 84 Posts
Ok, I am a huge Zelda fan, ive bought everyone ever sense OoT in 98. I do not have a Wii however.( I played TP on the GC) now, being that the Wii is on its way out, is it worth buying for SS? and are there other Wii games for me to have more reason to buy it. I just dont wanna waste money on a whole console for one game, but i will.GreenTunic
if i were you,I'd just wait till the Wii U comes out.that way, you should (hopefully) have enough money to buy it at it's launch day and have a lot more advantages than just getting SS on the regular Wii...well the controls will be the same but...you know what i mean.the wii U is just more worth the money (from what i've heard)
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Armored_Pillow
Member since 2011 • 84 Posts
[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Are you in need of a system that runs GC games? if so, I bet the WiiU will not, which is another good reason to buy a Wii, even if the WiiU is BC with Wii games (and it will be). That said, if you can wait a year or so for the WiiU, you can play Wii games on that. I needed the Wii for GC anyway, since my cube took a beating from some stupid people who dont watch where they are sitting :P.

Games to get:

1. Skyward Sword
  2. Mario Galaxy 2
  3. Mario Galaxy
  4. Xenoblade Chronicles
  5. Other M (flawed but fun)
  6. Metroid Prime Trilogy
  7. Donkey Kong Country Returns
  8. and more

hey! dont forget smash bros!
GreenTunic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GreenTunic
As much as i want SS rightnow. I'll have the same problem next year with the WiiU. so Rawsavon, naveed, and arsenal thanks.
simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

Its cheap, like extremly cheap. So why not?

GreenTunic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GreenTunic
Im only 13.
NettoSaito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#13 NettoSaito
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts

Still you can actually get a Wii for 100 bucks or less if you know where to look. A 360/PS3 game is only 40 bucks cheaper.

NintendoFan22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NintendoFan22
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I haven't bought Skyward Sword yet. However, people are saying it is the best Wii game and maybe even the best Zelda game so I would definitely check it out. In addition to that, I would also suggest that you buy Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Returns, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Kirby Return to Dream Land. There are also many more great Wii games but those are definitely that main ones that all Wii owners should have.