Buy Wii now? or Wait?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

maximoghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 maximoghost
Member since 2005 • 230 Posts
I do not follow Wii news that frequently so I need someinput from the forum. I was wondering is there anything in the ner future that would be worth waiting for? (price drop, improved hardware, etc)
DTbikerider9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 DTbikerider9
Member since 2006 • 1771 Posts
dude theres not gonna be a price drop for AT LEASTE 2 YEARS (why would they $drop the wiis are selling like PICKLES)
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

dude theres not gonna be a price drop for AT LEASTE 2 YEARS (why would they $drop the wiis are selling like PICKLES)DTbikerider9

If they drop the price it would sell much more and I don't see why it would take 2 years.

DTbikerider9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DTbikerider9
Yes but it would be the same thing because decrease in PRICE more people buy Increase and price some buy
lilshorty84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lilshorty84
Member since 2005 • 440 Posts
Dont get the Wii right now, there is only one good game out, and thats on GC too. I would wait a while...until Online comes on and theres alot better games...
MarkusAurel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MarkusAurel
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I'm in a similar situation, i wait until more good games are out there

I'm waiting for:

Super Paper Mario 

Metroid Prime Corruptions

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 

Fire Emblem

and i'm hoping for

decent FPS on the Wii (perhaps a Red Steel successor)

MARIO KART

an exclusive Zelda (TP wasn't, came on GC too)

so for me there is no way i would buy a wii today 

DreganMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 DreganMK
Member since 2006 • 640 Posts
Don't wait... life's short... buy Wii
DTbikerider9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DTbikerider9
GOOD GAMES I OWN: warioware (must have), red steel, COD3, excite truck and Marvel UA
umd1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9 umd1998
Member since 2003 • 1223 Posts

Dont get the Wii right now, there is only one good game out, and thats on GC too. I would wait a while...until Online comes on and theres alot better games...lilshorty84
WHAT?! there are tons of great games other than Twilight Princess! Tiger Woods, Madden, WarioWare Smooth Moves, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Trauma Center Second Opinion, Godfather Blackhand... the list goes on!!!

I would get a Wii ASAP, or you'll have trouble finding one this summer when Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Galaxy come out. Everyone is gonna want one then...

spazmaticmof0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 spazmaticmof0
Member since 2005 • 1406 Posts
Wait for better games, get some more money and go buy yourself a 360, you'll be happier.
clsnbrdr616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 clsnbrdr616
Member since 2005 • 572 Posts
I would say get one (if you can find one, they are still scarce where I live :P ). Yes, there are some better games in the future, but even the ones right now are just really fun to play. I know I really like mine. :)
secretagentx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 secretagentx9
Member since 2003 • 410 Posts
And don't forget Trauma Center, which is an excellent game. And if like me you never owned a SNES or N64, the VC has plenty to offer as well. I like having a console that's affordable at launch. You have to wait a while to play all the truly killer apps, but you get to watch it grow from the beginning, and it's easier to be sure you have every game released that you want from the beginning, rather than having to go back and catch up on what you missed. I bought a DS at launch and didn't get any GREAT games for it until late 05/mid 06, and I'm fine with that. And why would Nintendo do a price drop when they are half as cheap as one of their competitors and signifigantly cheaper than the other and selling tons of consoles? If anything in a year or so you'll see one with a dvd player (big deal) or some other colors, probably for the same price, with the standard system selling at a 200 dollar price tag. This could take longer than a year to happen though, and there's plenty to do with the system for now and in the forseeable future. It won't be long after Super Paper Mario wears off before Nintendo starts giving us release dates for stuff like Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, etc..
santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 santanablu3
Member since 2007 • 1467 Posts

[QUOTE="lilshorty84"]Dont get the Wii right now, there is only one good game out, and thats on GC too. I would wait a while...until Online comes on and theres alot better games...umd1998

WHAT?! there are tons of great games other than Twilight Princess! Tiger Woods, Madden, WarioWare Smooth Moves, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Trauma Center Second Opinion, Godfather Blackhand... the list goes on!!!

I would get a Wii ASAP, or you'll have trouble finding one this summer when Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Galaxy come out. Everyone is gonna want one then...

I agree with you. People need too wake up and smell vc. cause in the futer they will release classic that will make you bite your nuckles and say "man im stupid for not getting the wii"just wait till game come out like golden eye 64,or even NBA hangtime. and then when metriod come out in the summer your goin to hate yourself even more cause people like you are saying the same thing every were." oh, im goin to wait latter on on till the good game come out for the wii".then when that day come your not going to find one at all. so i suggest you look while you have the chance!
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="DTbikerider9"]dude theres not gonna be a price drop for AT LEASTE 2 YEARS (why would they $drop the wiis are selling like PICKLES)Dark_Knight6

If they drop the price it would sell much more and I don't see why it would take 2 years.

It's still sold out for the 4th straight month, how do you sell more of "all"? 

Colt_45_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Colt_45_J
Member since 2004 • 93 Posts
i would get it the day super paper mario comes out April 9
Colt_45_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Colt_45_J
Member since 2004 • 93 Posts
i would get it the day super paper mario comes out April 9
MarkusAurel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MarkusAurel

is it just me who thinks that the VC is very annoying... i mean the prices are way tooo high, and if i want to read something about new releases on the wii, all i can see is VC-releases...

i like the old games, but i've played the best of them and would not buy them again for so much cash...

and i believe that the prices for wii (at least for the games, that's for sure) will drop... 

clsnbrdr616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clsnbrdr616
Member since 2005 • 572 Posts

is it just me who thinks that the VC is very annoying... i mean the prices are way tooo high, and if i want to read something about new releases on the wii, all i can see is VC-releases...

i like the old games, but i've played the best of them and would not buy them again for so much cash...

and i believe that the prices for wii (at least for the games, that's for sure) will drop...

MarkusAurel
I have to agree with you on the high prices. $10 for an N64 game? Sony selling full length PSOne games for $6-7 to play on the PSP through the PS3's online store. I've only bought a very select few of the classic games. I would be more if they were cheaper.
Cdn_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cdn_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts
apperently its going to be able to play dvds in the near future. nothing big.
theragu40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 theragu40
Member since 2005 • 3332 Posts
apperently its going to be able to play dvds in the near future. nothing big.Cdn_Gamer
Where did you hear that?
TheKindVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheKindVillain
I dont know, the wii was really fun right away, (Twilight Princess), and then i found most of the fun came from playing the wii in a group, games like monkeyball and warioware.
FunWithMatches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 FunWithMatches
Member since 2005 • 250 Posts
He heard that about a year ago when it was discussed by Nintendo. Although this is just speculation and Nintendo thinking out loud, basically they planned on making an add on DVD player or a new version of the Wii that had the dvd built in. This however was mentioned a long time ago before the success of the Wii. If you search Wii DVD in the search bar I'm sure something would pop up. And back to the original post, I, like you, felt I should wait till some reasonable games came out. However, I decided I couldn't wait any longer and picked one up this past weekend. My opinion: buy now. Wii sports is amazing with friends (living in a college dorm helps) and can get competitive with some intense players (my roommate and I have been trying to outdo each other at power bowling for the past 3 nights). Honestly if all you get is the Wii (with Wiisports), Zelda TP (amazing with the Wiimote, just introduces action games in a great way), and some other random game that looks interesting, it will hold you over, plus you won't have to worry about catching up with the games.