Bring Eternal Darkness to the Wii NOW!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slinboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 slinboom
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
The original game for the Gamecube was revolutionary in its game play.  It took the game outside of the dimension of your TV and brought the game into your living room.  What better game to bring to the Wii!!
yoda-san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 yoda-san
Member since 2006 • 323 Posts
Why not make part 2? You can alway play Eternal Darkness on the Wii, so in a way it's on Wii. :D
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11917 Posts
ED was a great game and a little gimmicky towards the end.  I had fun with it but it's not really worth playing more than once.
yakk_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 yakk_3
Member since 2005 • 1442 Posts
I never found any of the sanity effects that good. Sure, the TV muted itself, and the screen went blank, but I always knew it was just an effect.  However, when the memory card data deleted itself, that was kind of scary.
pattrojan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 pattrojan
Member since 2006 • 437 Posts
However, when the memory card data deleted itself, that was kind of scary.yakk_3

Yeah...I wasn't sure what the heck had happened.  That was freaky.

As for an Eternal Darkness sequel, I don't know.  It could be really fun if it was done right.  I think it would kind of difficult to recapture the novelty of a game like ED.
AndrewP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AndrewP
Member since 2002 • 5931 Posts

To be honest, I'm not sure how well that game would work with the Wii Remote. It was definitely made for a regular controller and worked great with it.

fraz1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 fraz1776
Member since 2006 • 2269 Posts

I never found any of the sanity effects that good. Sure, the TV muted itself, and the screen went blank, but I always knew it was just an effect.  However, when the memory card data deleted itself, that was kind of scary.yakk_3

yeah when that happened to my I leaped off my bed and switched my gamecube off!!!:lol:

as soon as I did it I thought what a bloody idiot I am!!

Nintendo owns the rights to eternal darkness and the owner of silicon knights said on ign that it's a possibility.

frankeyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#8 frankeyser
Member since 2004 • 5667 Posts

To be honest, I'm not sure how well that game would work with the Wii Remote. It was definitely made for a regular controller and worked great with it.

AndrewP

nothing about that game seems grounded with a normal controller.  personally the game had mediocre game play to me, the sanity meter and story setting made the game fun to play.  although it was fun i do not think it would be deserving of a sequal.

A7Xfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#9 A7Xfan
Member since 2004 • 3962 Posts
We could all get a 360 and play Silicon Knights latest Too Human when it arrives. On the other hand a new Eternal Darkness? It is my favorite game ever and I'm totally honest about that, however I don't want meaningless sequels too dull my nostalgia from the time I had with that game. It truly was all around amazing though smart (one of the few games I can actaully say this about), fun, creepy, interesting, different, great to play with friends..... There was so much to like.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
I would rather have a sequel on wii not a port. I loved every part of this game and would love to see a part 2.
yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#11 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
Its gameplay was pathetic, and it survived on the lame gimmick of the utterly pointless "insanity system".
Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 Trading_Zoner
Member since 2007 • 4100 Posts
Yes! more gamecube ports! that's all we sheep can hope for! :roll:
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
I would love to see a sequel. That game toyed with my emotions.
Kwing1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#14 Kwing1983
Member since 2006 • 2325 Posts

Didn't ED end with a possibility for a sequel. But would Nintendo haven done one by now? I mean it's a Gen 1 Gamecube game. Then again didn't Nintendo just bring Pit out of the grave yard after 20 some yrs? Never mind. My point is Sequel would be great niot another port.

- KW 

gooflee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gooflee
Member since 2005 • 652 Posts
Didn't Eternal Darkness didn't do that well in sales?