Breath Of The Wild Ending SPOILERS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

maverick5683

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 maverick5683
Member since 2010 • 66 Posts

The title should make it obvious that this thread will contain spoilers, so let that be your warning.

Last night I defeated Ganon. Before doing this I completed all of the Divine Beasts, collected all the memories, etc, to insure I had the most complete ending to the game. I have to say that after what was possibly the most enjoyable experience I have ever had in 30 years of gaming I was pretty let down by the ending.

The ending scenes just left so much to be desired to me. Link and Zelda set off into Hyrule, headed to Zora's Domain. I was hoping we might have at least gotten a few scenes of their travel. Hell, I'd even take sort of a slide show instead of video. Instead that was it.

I also feel Hyrule Castle in general was a let down. I put off exploring it at all until very late in the game because I expected it to be extremely difficult. While I don't like soul crushingly hard games, I was hoping for a bit more of a challenge than I faced. I explored it on a few separate occasions prior to fighting Ganon and never found anything too difficult.

Then there was getting to Ganon and the final battle. To get to Ganon I simply glided over the moat on the north side of the castle and climbed up to the sanctum. I met very little resistance, and didn't have to get through a building or complete any sort of puzzles. After all of the brilliant shrines and Divine Beasts I found this to be sort of a let down.

I have to say that I felt so much more satisfied with the ending of Link to the Past (favorite Zelda gme prior to BotW) than I do with this game.

All that being said, it doesn't really tarnish my overall opinion of the game, and I will dive back in to find shrines etc that I missed along the way.

For those that have completed the main story how do you feel about it?

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

The point of the game was it gave you freedom to tackle it in any way you choose. You could just fly over to the sanctum and fight Ganon or you could fight your way through the castle. If you wanted more of a challenge and resistance, why go the route of just flying in? As far as the ending goes, it was satisfying to me and it set up the upcoming DLC.

CrillanK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 CrillanK
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

I agree with Sepewrath that you basically made the choice yourself. I knew I could crawl right up to Ganon if I wanted to. It's in the nature of the open world style of the game. Knowing that, I made sure I started at the bottom and explored every corner of the castle before making my way to Ganon. It was a pretty cool place. I agree it was pretty easy, but again that was because of my choice to wait until the very end to head into the castle. I was using maxed out gear and 100% shrines with tons of Lynel weapons and shields. Of course it was going to be easy at that point. You have to make these choices early on knowing the consequences and then just live with them. I'd say play it again on the hard mode if you want a little more challenge, and this time, don't skip the castle interior.