Bravely Default, Fire Emblem or Monster Hunter Ultimate 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kennysal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By kennysal
Member since 2014 • 52 Posts

(GUYS I GOT FIRE EMBLEM! THANKS FOR ADVICE, I GOT THE FIRST GAME I SAW)

Okay so i live in Australia and the prices are as followBravely Default: Flying Fairy - $59.99Fire Emblem: Awakening - $64.95Monster Hunter Ultimate 3 - $64.95

Of course, the price difference is not really a factor, considering it's only a 5 dollar difference. So what I want is a good solid RPG game and I've watched game play of all 3 games and I'm having trouble deciding.Anyone has suggestions? or other games I should I get?

TB-GB-ULTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TB-GB-ULTI
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I have never played Bravely Default, but from the other two I would pick fire emblem because of its strategy based playstyle. If you want a layed back(In the sense of God of War) game, then go with Monster Hunter

**EDIT** Sorry, maybe God of War isn't a good comparison. More like a simple RPG such as Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

It really depends on your preferences, but I highly recommend owning all three.

If you want a great turn based JRPG similar to older Final Fantasy games, get Bravely Default.

If you want one of the best Strategy RPGs available, get Fire Emblem Awakening.

If you want an incredibly addictive, but hard to get into, Action RPG mostly composed of boss battles and armor & weapon forging, get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

All three are very different from each other so it's pretty hard to compare them. Personally, I had more fun with Monster Hunter, but Fire Emblem is a more polished and solid experience with an impressive production value (especially for a handheld game). I have not played Bravely Default yet, but it has been getting many great reviews. Out of the three, Fire Emblem is more critically acclaimed.

Mugzippit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Mugzippit
Member since 2010 • 62 Posts

I've played Bravely Default and Fire Emblem and I'd say get both as they are both brilliant but FE is the better of the two. I haven't played monster hunter though.

As for other suggestions, I could put forward many but imo Luigi's mansion: Dark Moon was a all around enjoyable game to play so I'd say go for that.

wonder6192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wonder6192
Member since 2014 • 33 Posts

get fire emblem and bravely default if you can afford both. if you like fire emblem, get smt: devil survivor overclocked.

mh3u is fun but the 3ds version does not have online play, so it becomes a chore to fight the tougher monsters late in the game. get it if you have a wii u.

my other suggestions are: zelda: link between worlds(~12hours to beat), 999 and virtue's last reward(50-60 hours for both, play in order, 2 of 3 of an unfinished trilogy), donkey kong country returns 3d(~12hours to beat, more if you 100%).

stizzal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 stizzal13
Member since 2013 • 609 Posts

I have completed FE, and I have played the demo of Bravely Default. Of those two, I say you could not go wrong with either one. If you like a little more strategy in your RPG than go with FE. If you like turn-based JRPG's with a Final Fantasy feel than go with Bravely Default.

I cannot speak for the Monster Hunter series. I could never get into it.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Fire Emblem without a doubt. That game is a masterpiece.

I haven't gotten Bravely Default yet..

You will get bored quickly of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate if you've played Monster Hunter 3. It's fun for a few weeks then once you've seen everything including the 1 new stage, you get tired of it. I say wait for Monster Hunter 4 if you want a Monster Hunter game.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#8 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

What are you looking for? Bravely Default is a turn based JRPG with a job system, Fire Emblem is a turn based Strategy RPG and Monster Hunter 3 is an ARPG.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

I just picked up Monster Hunter 3 For $20 bucks off of the eShop here in the states, I hope it's worth it

kennysal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kennysal

Okay, so if I plan to get both Bravely Default and Fire Emblem, which one should I get first? Because I don't have the money to get them both at the same time.... Which one would I get the most fun out of?

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 turtlethetaffer

@kennysal: Do you like old school JRPGs or turn based strategy games more?

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

get fire emblem.

Mr3DPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Mr3DPlayer
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Bravely Default, that's for me.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#14 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

I would recommend Bravely Default

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@kennysal said:

Okay so i live in Australia and the prices are as follow

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy - $59.99

Fire Emblem: Awakening - $64.95

Monster Hunter Ultimate 3 - $64.95

Of course, the price difference is not really a factor, considering it's only a 5 dollar difference. So what I want is a good solid RPG game and I've watched game play of all 3 games and I'm having trouble deciding.

Anyone has suggestions? or other games I should I get?

Have you tried here? http://www.ozgameshop.com/3ds-games ..will be UK version tho

kennysal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kennysal

@turtlethetaffer: what do you think will have the longer playtime? Like hours?

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Well I would mark Monster Hunter 3 off the list because 4 is coming. I haven't played the other two, but do own Fire Emblem. I say you can't go wrong buying either Fire Emblem or Bravely Default.

kennysal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kennysal

@AmazonTreeBoa: So is monster hunter 3 not worth buying atm?

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

@kennysal said:

Well, MH3U on the 3DS does not have online multiplayer. MH4U (also on 3DS) does have online, but we will not be seeing it in stores until Early 2015. Anyone who has endured MH's long learning curve can easily dish out 100+ gameplay hours, even without online multiplayer. MH3U has a lot of content, more than Fire Emblem or Bravely Default, but you may be better off waiting a year for a more superior MH game.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@kennysal said:

For me, no. You might feel different. I can't see buying 3 when 4 has been announced. Keep in mind though, I have no issue with waiting on 4 because I have an 75+ unplayed backlog on my PC to work through. Then there are the unplayed PS3 and 3DS games I have to work through. I am in no rush to buy games, so that could be why I have no problem waiting for MH4. So if you don't want to wait for MH4 and don't have other games to play until 4 releases, you might want to go ahead and get MH3.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 turtlethetaffer

@kennysal: Fire Emblem is heavily replayable. Took me 45 hours to beat the story, but I haven't built and "ideal team" or completed all the side missions. Plus there are multiple difficulties and plenty of reasons to replay (different marriages, different avatar, etc.) A friend of mine has played it numerous times and has over 150 hours in it.

As far as I know, Bravely Default takes 50- 60 hours to beat. Not sure about the content, I haven't played it myself, but it has a job system which in itself lends replayability and more value.

Might wanna consult this site. It's a game site that literally tells you how long it takes to beat games, along with side content. I've found that it's accurate with some games, inaccurate with others, but the avg. playtime for Bravely Default is sixty something hours, I think, according to the site.

kennysal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kennysal

So today is the day of my purchase, and right now I'm leaning on fire emblem but we'll see when we see.. I'll update you guys later in the day.

CasualGamer36x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CasualGamer36x
Member since 2012 • 65 Posts

@kennysal: You didn't.... Its been 34 hours! Keep your word goddamnit!

kennysal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kennysal

@CasualGamer36x: SORRY I GOT FIRE RMBLEM GUYS! It was the first game I saw when I walked into the shop! So I got that first!