BotW dlc impressions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Is it worth it? I haven't finished the base game yet, and love that to death. But the current and planned DLC sound kind of underwhelming. I'm old-school and tend to prefer paying for big meaty expansions.

Assuming you also enjoyed BotW, what are your impressions?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i didn't buy it.

i am waiting for the real DLC. the 2nd DLC with expanded story with the dungeon. this is why the ending was left on a cliffhanger on the base game imo.

that's when i will buy and play both DLC.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

i didn't buy it.

i am waiting for the real DLC. the 2nd DLC with expanded story with the dungeon. this is why the ending was left on a cliffhanger on the base game imo.

that's when i will buy and play both DLC.

Yeah, waiting for the second half myself. The first half just didn't have much that made me want to revisit it right away, although I was tempted to get it then just for that 50 level trial.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Sounds like what I'll do as well

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#5 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

I got the season pass not long after getting the game (day 1 due to friends wanting my birthday to be awesome). The first dlc is pretty good, albeit mainly armors besides the Trial of the Sword. But as a Zelda fanatic I still love it. Although others wont, and I can see why, it is still some nice additions.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

I've really enjoyed it. Played and finished the game before we got the DLC and felt to replay it as soon as I was done. So I started a new game on Master Mode, which has been awesome so far. Trial of the Sword was pretty fun as well. It's brutal on Master Mode. I also enjoyed all the armors that you got, they've helped me quite a bit in Master Mode. The added ability to place a custom teleport spot was nice as well, and to see where you've been on the map really should've been in the game from the start, cause that's a great addition.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I took a big break from the game after my initial playthrough. I'm sure I missed a ton of the Shrines. So I'll dive back in soon.