BOTW 2 Console Discussion - Is it even coming to Switch?

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

This is just a discussion thread to discuss theories. Clearly, BOTW 2 is not coming out this year and that release window is now covered by Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity.

With Nintendo's recent announcement of a 4k Switch successor, it sounds to me that BOTW 2 will be a launch title on the new console.

The question then becomes, will there be a Switch port? At this point, I would rather have it on a new 4k console with zero concessions. As history has shown us, having a game on two consoles with different "power" results in a compromised game.

Thoughts?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Nintendo hasn't announced a "4k successor"... that's just a rumour. And yes, BOTW 2 will be on the current Switches.

Avatar image for gamekillag4life
gamekillag4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 gamekillag4life
Member since 2020 • 45 Posts

botw2 = most important gam

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Nintendo hasn't announced a "4k successor"... that's just a rumour. And yes, BOTW 2 will be on the current Switches.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendos-switch-successor-will-release-before-2100/1100-6482285/

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

I don't see why not, and a 4K Switch is only a rumor not a confirmation.

@sonic_spark said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendos-switch-successor-will-release-before-2100/1100-6482285/

"A slide confirms that Nintendo's "next gaming system" will launch sometime in "20XX," which means it will be released before the year 2100."

Damn, so according to that article: we can expect the next Switch within the next 80 years?

That's quite the journalism for ya.

What Nintendo has confirmed: the Switch is not even halfway through its lifespan yet. We can expect a mid and late-gen upgrade, as Nintendo does with all their handhelds, but I'm sure we won't be seeing its successor any time soon especially considering how well it's still selling.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

As of now it’s coming to the Nintendo Switch and nothing else.

The 4K Nintendo Switch is just a rumour. If that does end up being true, it’s likely that the Breath of the Wild sequel will just come to both versions of the Nintendo Switch, similar to PS4/PS4 Pro and Xbox One S/X.

MooseWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MooseWayne
Member since 2017 • 361 Posts

Sorta off topic, But with a new Super Switch with something like DLSS 2 would take 720p into 4K!. lets do that Nintendo

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@moosewayne: DLSS 720p-4K wouldn't happen. It would not yield good results, from what I've seen. The algorithm would have a lot of artifacts with such sparse data. 1440p to 4K would be reasonable.

I would expect a Switch 2, if there is one, to be a 1080p handheld, 1440p docked, that supports DLSS2 (or perhaps version 3 may be out at that time) to offer good visuals for a 4K display

sekinpetr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sekinpetr
Member since 2024 • 1 Posts

Is there a chance that it releases for a new console like BOTW did? Early promo for BOTW was for the WiiU but it was revealed later that it will be mainly for the Switch. I’ve been getting tons of ads for the switch console lately which I haven’t gotten before. Is this a sign that Nintendo is trying to sell as many Switches as possible before releasing a new console?