Blinking blue light of death is a thing, apparently.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RandoIph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 RandoIph
Member since 2010 • 2041 Posts

Turns out their is a widespread system error, a blinking blue light of death. If the light is blinking blue, and the gamepad absolutely will not connect, it's dead. Thank bob this happened within the thirty day warranty, taking it back to Gamestop for a swap. Goddammit, this isn't supposed to happen with Nintendo hardware. Buying a warranty for the new one, buyer beware, the warranty is a must. Should have seen this coming with the way it kept freezing up on me.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#2 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Thirty day warranty? That's all you get?

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

d_parker
That's usually for Gamestop store returns, but Nintendo's hardware will provide you a 1 year warranty and extra 30 day warranty if you register I think. Usually Nintendo's service is really good for this stuff.
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

good luck wii u's are sold out with gamestop

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

BLOD?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

Uhh what? Any proof?

RandoIph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RandoIph

Uhh what? Any proof?

Vickman178
Well yeah, my dead f*cking Wii U. I was able to find people in forums from Neogaf to IGN with the same issue. I get that I'll be accused of lying/being a troll, that's fine. This is a message to the level headed people who aren't total idiots, be sure you get an extended warranty. Had this occurred on December 19th, I'd be screwed. I just made it to the half way point of Meringue Clouds on NSMBU and had almost all the star coins, I'm pretty pissed about losing all that, this game is pretty damn tough. I also lost several hours of progress on Skyward Sword and The Last Story.

good luck wii u's are sold out with gamestop

resevl4rlz
My GS has some, just waiting for them to open.
RandoIph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RandoIph
[QUOTE="d_parker"]

yoshi_64
That's usually for Gamestop store returns, but Nintendo's hardware will provide you a 1 year warranty and extra 30 day warranty if you register I think. Usually Nintendo's service is really good for this stuff.

I prefer to get my system replaced immediately, though losing my saves sucks. So I got that done just now. Hopefully this one is in better shape, I was the first person to buy one at my Gamestop, maybe it was just jinxed.
Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

well I guess I need to register my Wii U just in case

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Widespread? A bit early to say that, no? A couple threads on a couple forums equals widespread? All electronics have some bad seeds off the production line.
Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

Uhh what? Any proof?

Vickman178

Well yeah, my dead f*cking Wii U. I was able to find people in forums from Neogaf to IGN with the same issue. I get that I'll be accused of lying/being a troll, that's fine. This is a message to the level headed people who aren't total idiots, be sure you get an extended warranty. Randolph

I frequent those sites too and this is the first time i'm hearing this >_>

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

[QUOTE="Vickman178"]

Uhh what? Any proof?

Vickman178

Well yeah, my dead f*cking Wii U. I was able to find people in forums from Neogaf to IGN with the same issue. I get that I'll be accused of lying/being a troll, that's fine. This is a message to the level headed people who aren't total idiots, be sure you get an extended warranty. Randolph

I frequent those sites too and this is the first time i'm hearing this >_>

Same here. I never heard of this issue on any of those sites. Randolph, it'd be better if "BOB" could post a video of this occurrence. People won't believe you until they SEE it. Don't say you have no way to post it. You have enough to buy a WiiU, so you can afford a camera.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I havent experienced this. My Wii U works perfectly. I also frequent Neogaf which has alot more posters then here or system wars and I havent really seen any topics of people saying that their system has the BBLoD. Though I have seen a topic or two of people saying that their Wii U broke when they turned the system off while it was updating.

RandoIph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RandoIph
[QUOTE="nini200"] Same here. I never heard of this issue on any of those sites. Randolph, it'd be better if "BOB" could post a video of this occurrence. People won't believe you until they SEE it. Don't say you have no way to post it. You have enough to buy a WiiU, so you can afford a camera.

I said earlier, this was aimed as a warning at level headed people who are not total idiots. I already anticipated a bunch of morons not believing me/ thinking I work for MS/Sony what the hell ever. (every time someone reported a problem with the 360 or PS3 the first one or two years they were accused of trolling, and going farther back I remember people being accused of trolling for reporting issues with their hardware on this sites PS2 forum) If you bothered reading, you'd know I already swapped it at GS this morning. I'm not going to go buy a web cam that I will never use just so I can "prove" to a bunch of anonymous people on a video game forum that I'm not lying. That would make me as much a lame brained loser as them. Level headed people who work for a living instead of posting for a living will get the warning they need about needing to make sure they are covered, that's all I hoped to accomplish.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#15 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Same here. I never heard of this issue on any of those sites. Randolph, it'd be better if "BOB" could post a video of this occurrence. People won't believe you until they SEE it. Don't say you have no way to post it. You have enough to buy a WiiU, so you can afford a camera.nini200
People SHOULD believe it when people say that have a hardware problem, because ever since Nintendo started making more complex machines with moving parts, a few bust every so often. (Oh, and way to go Nintendo for shutting the fan off when Wiis went on standby with WiiConnect 24, overheating the machines) Also, Randolph has no way of proving it, considering he already got his faulty machine replaced, if you bothered to read at all. As for what constitutes "widespread", no idea. I doubt it's anywhere near the same level as 360's RRODs.

King_Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#16 King_Wii
Member since 2006 • 194 Posts

Mine died too, I'm taking it back in the morning. I wonder if I can get a refund because they may not have any systems to give to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaORUwCQr9w&feature=plcp

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Mine died too, I'm taking it back in the morning. I wonder if I can get a refund because they may not have any systems to give to me.

King_Wii

that video was painful to watch...calling it the next xbox 360 is premature... i know your pissed off...but making a video and posting it everywhere so people won't buy it is not doing anyone any favors.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
BLOD? Oh noes.
King_Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 King_Wii

[QUOTE="King_Wii"]

KBFloYd

that video was painful to watch...calling it the next xbox 360 is premature... i know your pissed off...but making a video and posting it everywhere so people won't buy it is not doing anyone any favors.

I'm not trying to get people to not buy Wii U however I do think its only fair that people are aware that there are issues. Type in Wii U Red light of Death on Youtube's search bar and you'll find others too. At this point Nintendo should be doing me favors, not the other way around as you suggest.

King_Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 King_Wii

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="King_Wii"]

King_Wii

I'm not trying to get people to not buy Wii U however I do think its only fair that people are aware that there are issues. Type in Wii U Red light of Death on Youtube's search bar and you'll find others too. At this point Nintendo should be doing me favors, not the other way around as you suggest.

An update to my story, Gamespot got me a new Wii U so lets hope this one dosn't have any problems. If it works fine then all will be forgiven in my eyes. I don't know how many people out there are having issues with their systems and for the record I never posted the video to convince people away from the system. Rather I think people should know that Wii Us can break and that that was what it looked like. For the record the Wii U is a fun system to play on, my biggest downer on it is that the Gamepad's battery dies WAY to quickly and load times can be long. My recomendation to anyone out there is, buy it if you love Nintendo and want a Wii U, if you're on the fence give it a few months if not half a year for Nintendo to work out all the bugs before jumping in. Then again this experience has taught me that and when Xbox 720 comes out I'll probably give it a few months for people to report bugs and for Microsoft to get all the OS issues worked out.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#21 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Widespread? A bit early to say that, no? A couple threads on a couple forums equals widespread? All electronics have some bad seeds off the production line. Heirren
lol the way i see it no picture no proof also how the heck do we know that tc didnt make those threads on them sites as well , and come here and just say ya its wide spread its on neogaf ign bla bla bla , so far the only problem ive heard about wii u is with people unplugging during updates and bricking their system if it was so wide spread as you presume tc how come it is Not on the radio in my car how come its not online in the news sections of gaming sites like this one ,, if its that bad im pretty sure the main time media would have been knockling nintendos head off like they did with xbox360s launch i played mine since day one and it only froze twice once was because my internet got cut off while i was using the internet the 2nd was prior to trying to insert a wii game while switching the menus i guess it didnt like that

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

well its not wide spread, there are a few faulty WiiUs so far, by widespread it'd be similar to 360 ring issues, now that was widespread so much so MS had to change their warranty policy & increase it. I can understand when people are angry/upset they want to make everyone know about it..its their right to be angry/upset to get a faulty product after shelling out alot of money for it. But to be posting it as "widespread" is kinda false. Its under warranty get it replace or get your refund.