Blind Boy Writes to Nintendo, Gets a Response

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Via Sora News 24 (Rocket News 24), 'Blind Japanese boy sends Nintendo heartwarming thank you letter, gets amazing response'.

A 5th-grade Japanese boy named Hibiki wrote a thank you letter to Nintendo. Hibiki enjoys playing video games, but is blind. This means he is only able to play a very small selection of video games, which do not rely on sight. His favorite video game series is Nintendo's rythm-based Rythm Tengoku series, including such games as 'Rythm Heaven Fever'. Rythm Tengoku, surprisingly, is a game that Hibiki can play just fine without being able to see, and he is apparently quite good at it. So he wanted to thank Nintendo for making the games, and showed his hopes for future games in the series to be made.

Nintendo got the letter, and sent Hibiki a response he could read, in braille. (And a copy for his parents to read, as well.) They returned the heartwarming thank-you, and said they would be sending the request for more games that handicapped gamers can play onto their development teams.

I thought it was a really nice, happy story, and it's good to see companies like Nintendo taking the time out to give personalized responses to their fans. I also thought it was really interesting that there is a blind person who can still enjoy video games, since this is something I had wondered about before. I wonder if, in coming years, we will see more interesting specialty games pop up that are designed for people with disabilities, or with people with disabilities strongly in mind.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Nintendo can be really frickin cool sometimes. Great happy story.