Best Pokémon Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Samusmetro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Best Pokémon Game? (21 votes)

Red, Green, Blue 0%
Yellow 0%
Silver, Gold 14%
Crystal 0%
Ruby, Sapphire 5%
FireRed, LeafGreen 0%
Emerald 5%
Diamond, Pearl 0%
Platinum 10%
HeartGold, SoulSilver 24%
Black, White 0%
Black 2, White 2 5%
X, Y 38%

This has been asked a million times, but I'll ask once more; What is the best Pokémon game?

I left out the other games such as Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, etc. because (although they're good games) I want to stick with the main games.

• 
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Nostalgia aside, Pokemon X & Y, even though the game has heavy influence of Kanto for the sole purpose of adding nostalgia.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#2 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I'd say as far as overall content goes, Heartgold and Soulsilver. It took me right around 55 hours to beat the game (truly beat it). Being able to explore two regions is absolutely incredible. It makes me wonder why they haven't done it again. It also has the best soundtrack in the series, both the old 8 bit tunes and the modern updates.

I'm hesitant to say X and Y simply because it relies so much on old Pokemon. Say what you will about gen 5, at least it presented the new Pokemon as the focus, at least in B/W 1. Granted, X and Y pretty much objectively have the best gameplay, but the lack of new Pokemon really hurt it for me. It's still a great game, but only 70 new ones? That's disappointing. And, if you don't get into the meta game, it doesn't seem to have much to offer. Three legendaries to catch, barely any side quests (besides Looker) and not much to explore, either.

I'd say all the games in the series are great in their own ways though (besides the original Red and Blue. Those games were literally obsolete the moment G/S/Cr came out).

MrPlayer3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 MrPlayer3D
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

For me it's Pokemon X.

Smallville0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Smallville0608
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts

Voted for X/Y just for all the improvements, though I wish it had played a little more like Heartgold/Soulsilver as far as exploration, post game....

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 1

#5 GH05T-666
Member since 2010 • 1067 Posts

HeartGold & SoulSilver are the best for me, but they are all good!

gba1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1

#6 gba1989
Member since 2009 • 189 Posts

I would go for C/G/S. Red and Blue was memorably good but C/G/S added some new features that made it great.

Pokemon X was good but I find it lacking. And maybe it's also because of every Pokemon game follows the same formula that it feels kinda old now.

DonkeyBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DonkeyBrains
Member since 2013 • 38 Posts

X and Y because of the Pokemon variety throughout pretty much the whole game. Wish it had a better post game though.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#8 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I really liked X and Y.

Battles are more visually dynamic than ever, and the game has a great online component, which is something the Pokemon franchise seriously benefits of.