xxchadxxchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xxchadxxchad
Member since 2008 • 199 Posts

So I decided to finally take the leap on getting a wii u after nintendos awesome e3. Only question is what's the best deal on one right now? Is it the NSMB deluxe 299 set? All the MK8 sets are out of stock right now :(

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

get a refurbished wiiU straight from nintendo with warranty.

199$ !

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=true&navAction=jump&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod150200&categoryId=cat140077

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

The refurbished deal is a good one, but if you want to buy new the NSMB deluxe set is probably the way to go. Maybe wait a week or two though to see if any retailers offer a small sale or gift card with purchase.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Anyone who tells you to get the refurbished one either doesn't like you or is misinformed.

The redone Wii U consoles aren't even handled by Nintendo, They're done third party by a company that does awful job on repairing Nintendo consoles.

Also wait until the holidays, there's nothing right now that worth playing, if so you would already have one.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

They are giving a $25 gift card if you buy the NSMB-U bundle at Target this week. So basically $275+tax.

I just bought a Wii-U yesterday at Best Buy for $259, but that was only on Friday and Saturday, so sadly no longer available.

xxchadxxchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xxchadxxchad

Aw damn I saw that $259 bundle but realized I missed it by a day! I always miss good sales!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Wait for the holidays. Xmas bundles with lots of great game prices and game bundles are coming in only a few short months.

xxchadxxchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xxchadxxchad

I didn't say that there's nothing now I wanted to play, and plus I want to buy it within a couple of days because I'm going to buy mario kart 8 so I would like to get the free game with it. (ends July 31st)

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@Jaysonguy said:

Anyone who tells you to get the refurbished one either doesn't like you or is misinformed.

The redone Wii U consoles aren't even handled by Nintendo, They're done third party by a company that does awful job on repairing Nintendo consoles.

Also wait until the holidays, there's nothing right now that worth playing, if so you would already have one.

What a bunch of stupid horse shit. Figures it would come from you.

You'll want to do some research before you say anything about that info.

Shame you don't even know what you're talking about. I'll just put you in the "misinformed" category

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#11  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@xxchadxxchad:

@KBFloYd said:

get a refurbished wiiU straight from nintendo with warranty.

199$ !

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=true&navAction=jump&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod150200&categoryId=cat140077

This is a good deal. With the money you save, you can get an extra controller and game. Here is an unboxing video for these models. Otherwise, I would suggest waiting til the holiday. The Mario Kart 8 bundle is difficult to find and the free game promotion runs out soon and I wouldn't suggest the NSMBU bundle. Nintendo is bound to have something different this holiday. Maybe something to do with Smash.

Edit: Just saw that you were looking at the MK8 bundle. If you can find it in time for the promotion, go for it.

ZyroXZ2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 ZyroXZ2
Member since 2014 • 92 Posts

Don't wait until the holidays, get it now!

Yup, that's my contribution to the thread. :D

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13  Edited By Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

@ Bestbuy/Future Shop had the Wii U 8GB basic set with comes with the pack in games of Skylanders and Nintendoland on Disc.

For $199.99 which is regularly $229.99 so if you don't mind the white color. The 8GB Flash memory is not much, but you can get a 2.0 USB 2TB external HDD to increase the storage on the Wii U basic set. This Bundle doesn't have the Digital download promotion. Only the Black deluxe Wii U 32GB flash memory SKU's feature the Digital download promotion. Which gives you $5.00 eshop credit for each $50.00 spent on Downloadable digital versions of games.

So a brand new Wii U console could be yours for $200.00 or $229.99 if you miss the sale. If you don't mind a White Wii U or don 't care about the digital download promotion. Or just get the Wii U 32GB deluxe set with WindWaker or SuperMario Bros U/Super Luigi U for $299.99

Or hold out for the Wii U 32GB deluxe set with MarioKart 8 pack in game, A Mario Wii Remote controller and Wii Wheel for $229.99 which is the standard console and 2 controllers and a pack in game. Which is the best deal for a brand new console.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#14 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

I'll just put you in the "misinformed" category

I'll just put you in the unhelpful category. It wouldn't kill you to post a link that actually backs up what you say.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

I would go for the New Super Mario Bros. U bundle for $299 as others have said OR I did see an interesting deal on Walmart, where you could buy a Wii U at $319 which included NWSMBU AND Luigi U while also allowing another game with that. Unfortunately, the games you can select from are basically two year old games, like Mass Effect 3, FIFA 13, Madden 13, AC3, and some other games that are pretty crappy games. But, hey at least it's a better deal. Plus you get to choose an accessory (no pro controller though, just some weird knockoff brand). If you do go with this, try finding MK8 on Amazon or someplace where it's not a full $60 so as to save some money (cheapest on Amazon is $43.60 + $3.50 for shipping). Hope that helps a little.