Best 3DS games thus far?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ObxChillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ObxChillin
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

I am looking for some new games to buy.

Currently i have Zelda: LBW and OOT and Pokemon Y, I am buying MK7 next week when the price drops to $30.

What are some other great 3ds games?

I was thinking maybe Star Fox 64 3D?

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#2 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

I would highly recommend Bravely Default

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4261 Posts

I really liked Star Fox 64 3D. Good graphical update if you didn't experience the N64 version. Good game all around too.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

mario 3d land, luigis mansion

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Fire Emblem Awakening is a must buy.

Kid Icarus Uprising is great as well.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6 GordanChoong
Member since 2014 • 227 Posts

I don't really know but I am thinking it is currently Super Mario 3D Land or A Link Between Worlds.

GeorgeOglee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GeorgeOglee
Member since 2013 • 44 Posts

it's good that you have Pokémon Y, that is a brilliant game that i personally like to consider as close to perfection as a game can get. Then again I am just a huge pokémon fan!

i'd say definitely give Fire Emblem Awakening a try, i bought it around a week ago and i'm having a lot of fun, it's a lovely SJRPG / Sim experience in a way? there's a lot of depth and it provides quite the challenge! If you're picking up MK7 soon i'm presuming you're a Mario fan, in which case i'd definitely recommend Super Mario 3D Land, easily my favourite 3D Mario platforming experience that has ever been released, a lot of content and replay value to keep you hooked! Animal Crossing New Leaf is a brilliant game also, a bit on the "wacky" side but cute and enjoyable nonetheless.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#8 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

It's a rough tie between Fire Emblem Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei IV. I liked the team customization and general gameplay of SMTIV better but it had some serious pacing issues near the end, but Fire Emblem is just an incredibly well designed handheld game. It was a blast to play whether you had five minutes or five hours. Those are my two favorite games.

Other great games include Virtue's Last Reward (play Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors first), Etrian Odyssey Untold, Link Between Worlds (although it's not terribly long) Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Pokemon (but that's always a must have anyways) and Tales of the Abyss. All the games I listed are great and worth playing.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GordanChoong

@turtlethetaffer: Wouldn't it depend on the factors like graphics, sound, gameplay, and the like? Oh hey, it's you again and now that I helped you attain more knowledge about game reviews, you should be able to explain why you think a game is great right?

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By turtlethetaffer

@gordanchoong: Not doing all that info. Basically, Fire Emblem and Shin Megami look rpetty, sound pretty, have okay (but not great) stories and really, really fun strategic RPG gameplay. In the case of Fire Emblem, there are a lot of tactics to consider when choosing who to send in to battle and what to equip them with. No encounter is boring because of the strategic, turn based format. SMTIV has a lot of customization options, which shows that the developers trust the gamer to make the right choices. There are a lot of different types of parties you can build, and developing your main character into who you want him to be is filled with options.

They both have a lot of content, too. Plenty of game to play through.

I have reviews written for most of the 3DS games I've played you can check out if you want.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GordanChoong

@turtlethetaffer said:

@gordanchoong: Not doing all that info. Basically, Fire Emblem and Shin Megami look rpetty, sound pretty, have okay (but not great) stories and really, really fun strategic RPG gameplay. In the case of Fire Emblem, there are a lot of tactics to consider when choosing who to send in to battle and what to equip them with. No encounter is boring because of the strategic, turn based format. SMTIV has a lot of customization options, which shows that the developers trust the gamer to make the right choices. There are a lot of different types of parties you can build, and developing your main character into who you want him to be is filled with options.

They both have a lot of content, too. Plenty of game to play through.

It's actually funny how Fire Emblem: Awakening is the first game in the franchise to be sold internationally besides the US and certain countries in Europe. And if you've never seen my profile, I am a Canadian, so I am thankful for that, but no I am not proud nor am I a canuck if you are going to be racist against me.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By turtlethetaffer

@gordanchoong: Well it rocks pretty hard. It's designed very well for the handheld format. Lots of fun to be had.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GordanChoong

@outworld222 said:

I really liked Star Fox 64 3D. Good graphical update if you didn't experience the N64 version. Good game all around too.

Too bad the frame-rate is so damn awful that you can even see it in HD footage. Like the Wii had bad frame-rate but at least it only looked like that in real life, not in footage and pictures as well. Yuck! Why did Nintendo do that? Pretty sure the 3DS is capable of rendering 480 p SD graphics and up to 720 p HD resolution right?

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4261 Posts

@gordanchoong said:

@outworld222 said:

Too bad the frame-rate is so damn awful that you can even see it in HD footage. Like the Wii had bad frame-rate but at least it only looked like that in real life, not in footage and pictures as well. Yuck! Why did Nintendo do that? Pretty sure the 3DS is capable of rendering 480 p SD graphics and up to 720 p HD resolution right?

Ya pretty much agree with your statement. I don't know the answer to why Nintendo did that tbh.

But having not played the original on the N64, I really liked Star Fox 64 3D.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#15 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Fire Emblem: Awakening would also be good choices!

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GordanChoong

@Pierst179: Woah, you are like the NSA! Hiding in the shadows and then popping out randomly and appearing innocent and all.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Bravely Default

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Mario Kart 7

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Super Mario 3D Land

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Fire Emblem is the best game on the system. And that's coming from a major SMT fan. SMTIV, Bravely Default, and Animal Crossing are my personal favs, but again, Fire Emblem is at the top.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#19  Edited By pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
@gordanchoong said:

@Pierst179: Woah, you are like the NSA! Hiding in the shadows and then popping out randomly and appearing innocent and all.

As a wise woman once said: I am watching, always watching!

ObxChillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ObxChillin
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys, im probably going to get Mario 3d land and try Bravely Default out. I am really looking forward to Super Smash Bros, and Kirby Triple Deluxe, it looks pretty cool!