Been Playing Shin Megami Tensei IV

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

At first I really loved the game, going back and forth to Naraku, and then elsewhere as more of the world opened up. But I have to say, wandering the world with no idea where to go, and being constantly bogged by random battles is getting tired. The game hasn't done a good job of giving me an idea of where to go, and I don't feel like I have a good sense of direction or motivation to really move forward.

I killed the slime demon thing, and I'm across the river. I found the old base for the Counter Demon Force, and now it just says find the Samurai and activate terminals. But I've been wandering for a while with no idea what to do.

Before everyone dives on top of me, let me be clear: I'm not saying this is a bad game, or that the lack of a direction is a bad design choice. It's just something that I don't really enjoy, and that's my preference as a gamer. My question to you SMTIV fans is: should I continue? If it's going to be a constant stream of not really knowing where to go and randomly exploring, I'm wondering if I would be better served with other games.

gba1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1

#2 gba1989
Member since 2009 • 189 Posts

Use a guide if you're stuck.

gamefaqs guide here

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

@gba1989: I agree with this. I used to be against looking up ANY help. I still generally try to avoid it, but if I get completely stuck these days and it's ruining the game for me, I just look it up.

My game play time is too valuable to waste with hours of aimless wandering unless it's productive.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Yeah, I remember being stuck in some frustrating parts and ended up using a guide. I think the characters are what made me lose motivation for quite some time. I didn't really care about them. I still enjoyed the game, overall.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#5  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I'd say it's worth continuing simply because becoming progressively more and more powerful never gets old. I loved the game in spite of its flaws and used a guide whenever I got stuck.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Certain quests or knowing where to go can be frustrating at times, but the game is fantastic. One of my favs for the 3DS.