Bayonetta 2 demo graphical glitch

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Stebsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Stebsis
Member since 2012 • 702 Posts

Has anyone had weird glitch in B2 demo where some textures are stretching? It's mostly Bayonetta and Jeanne, and the jet the fight takes place at first that are stretching. And it's the same on both the gamepad and tv. Tried downloading the demo again but didn't help. Couldn't find any videos or anyone else having this problem. It's something like this, though not quite as all over the place: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix4tvXMRuxU Tried other games and had no problem with any of them. Got couple of pics, not good quality but they should show enough

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Oh my...
I've played the demo everyday and haven't experienced it. Does it happen to other games or is it only the demo? Texture stretching is sometimes caused by overheating.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I played the crap outta the demo multiple times and never experienced that.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#4 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

Stebsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stebsis

@ANIMEguy10034: Tried out other games, Wind Waker, Donkey Kong, MH3U etc. and no problems with them. And at least the console doesn't feel hot at all, just a little warm from the back. I'll try to clean it up a bit in the morning and see how it goes then. Though it's not a big deal because it's just a demo, I'm just worried if the full game will do that

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@quatoe said:

@bunchanumbers said:

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

No such problem on my end.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

@Chozofication said:

@quatoe said:

@bunchanumbers said:

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17830 Posts

is your firmware fully up to date?

is it happening all the time or does it only happen if you are playing for a while?

you say its not happening in other games so im thinking this is a software issue.

Stebsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stebsis

@osan0: Yeah, I'm thinking it's software issue too. Everything is up to date though, and the glitch happens immediately at the beginning, exactly at the same time when I start the game and Bayonetta is first shown and all the time after that, not after playing a while. Interestingly though it's not in the tutorial section

By the way, I'd like to know what size the demo is for you guys? When I downloaded it was about 720MB, but in the hard drive it's 693MB, not sure if it's common that it packs the file to a bit smaller size or something, or is it really missing some files in the download process.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17830 Posts

@Stebsis: i just checked on my wiiu. its also 693MB on my end.

wait back up there a second though. the glitch does happen when you start the wiiu but it clears up after playing for a while? can you try another more demanding game like MK8 or mario 3D world? see if the same thing happens after playing it for a while?

if its a glitch that only appears when the wiiu is warming up but then clears up after playing for a while then, sadly, there is a strong chance that its a hardware issue. i have seen some PCs that struggle to boot up from cold but then do work after a few attempts. this is caused either by a faulty power supply or faulty motherboard.

it could be similar here.

keep an eye out for it in other games and if you spot it anywhere else then its a faulty wiiu.