Avalon Code 8.3 @ IGN

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

http://ds.ign.com/articles/960/960196p2.html

Looks pretty good, although I'll probably be picking up Suikoden Tierkreis instead.

thomassmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 thomassmash
Member since 2008 • 2039 Posts

Looks pretty good, although I'll probably be picking up Suikoden Tierkreis instead.

WAIW

yeah looks good too, ill be picking avalon code. im sick of rpg's this month(have to finish 7 by now)

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

This is a definite pickup fo me, its by the creators of Alundra, one of my all time fav games.

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

WAIW
Seconding that.
red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts
the demo was good. ill pick it up after release. im still on FFIV
Avatar image for Master-Thief-09
Master-Thief-09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 Master-Thief-09
Member since 2009 • 2534 Posts
[QUOTE="WAIW"]

Yoweeh
Seconding that.

Pretty much the same.
evrdayblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 evrdayblues
Member since 2005 • 512 Posts
I tried the demo as well, and I found the hand to hand combat was too clunky, and the judgment link gimmick totally breaks the pace of the gameplay. I'm still looking into it though because the book of prophecy mechanic is really cool. Glad to see it got a good score though. Some tough choices to make this month, what with all the rpgs and GTA and other console releases...oh boy...
red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 red_sovereign
and the judgment link gimmick totally breaks the pace of the gameplayevrdayblues
not trying to advocate the game or anything, but i think you should get the right info. the JL isnt used for primary attacking. its more of a reward system. if you successful complete this so called mini-game, you get an mp replinish and items. so maybe its not so much of a gimmick, but a strategy tool.
evrdayblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 evrdayblues
Member since 2005 • 512 Posts
[QUOTE="evrdayblues"]and the judgment link gimmick totally breaks the pace of the gameplayred_sovereign
not trying to advocate the game or anything, but i think you should get the right info. the JL isnt used for primary attacking. its more of a reward system. if you successful complete this so called mini-game, you get an mp replinish and items. so maybe its not so much of a gimmick, but a strategy tool.

Oops, well in the demo, I had to do the JL about 10 times to get rid of these 2 monsters that kept respawning and it got old fast for me. The spirit dude actually told me that some enemies needed to be JL'd in order to be gotten rid of for good. So I drew a conclusion...that I would have to perform this clunky minigame often and that was no good... I'm not hating on the game though! I think it's a very compelling title, and I am looking into it. Peace
red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 red_sovereign
[QUOTE="red_sovereign"][QUOTE="evrdayblues"]and the judgment link gimmick totally breaks the pace of the gameplayevrdayblues

Oops, well in the demo, I had to do the JL about 10 times to get rid of these 2 monsters that kept respawning and it got old fast for me. The spirit dude actually told me that some enemies needed to be JL'd in order to be gotten rid of for good. So I drew a conclusion...that I would have to perform this clunky minigame often and that was no good... I'm not hating on the game though! I think it's a very compelling title, and I am looking into it. Peace

yea the demo pushed the JL mini game hard. i believe dev wanted players to see what it actually did. even when u/l the game it said push a for the JL. i was like wth is that, so its pretty apparent THEY wanted us to see those mechanics. but yea, game looks purchasable. no time soon though!
Writer1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Writer1983
Member since 2006 • 436 Posts
I never got the hang of the JL system (that's where you "juggle them" into the air, right?). I simply kept smacking them with my sword. After a few groups respawned, (and I killed them) I got the "Thank you for Playing" screen. So, I don't think you HAVE to use it..I certainly didn't. I'm looking forward to it, if only because of the book mechanic's "manipulate the world" gimmick looks neat and isn't like anything else I have ever seen!
wisconsinbums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wisconsinbums
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts

Am playing Avalon Code. I am in Tarnaq Ice, Cavern 7. What do you do to get the next door opened?

Silent_Raven92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Silent_Raven92
Member since 2007 • 161 Posts

Am playing Avalon Code. I am in Tarnaq Ice, Cavern 7. What do you do to get the next door opened?

wisconsinbums

Ewwwwwww So Am I!

Figured it out yet?

Wait, is that the room with the ice blocks and the switches.. and the switches keep moving or something O.o

And yeah, I quite like the game. Sure, gotta mix up the games I'm playing a bit, but it deserves more then the 5.something that Gamespot gave it X_X

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Gamespot gave it a 5.5. So who is the most accurate, GS-5.5, or IGN-8.3?

andreah_sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 andreah_sky
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

Gamespot gave it a 5.5. So who is the most accurate, GS-5.5, or IGN-8.3?

Bigboi500

we have different point of views...

FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
im gonna wait GT's review till i pick this one up