Assassin's Creed III question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fexal
Member since 2012 • 87 Posts

Ok so my friend just gave me a copy of Assassin's Creed III for the Wii U but I have never played any other in the series so should I watch some video's to catch me up on the story or just play without knowing anything?

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I was in the same position a few weeks back. Assassin's Creed 3 does a poor job explaining what's going on for newcomers and automatically assumes you played the previous game. It's the final game of the 'Desmond trilogy.' I highly recommend reading/watching some plot summaries for AC1, AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations. Don't be discouraged if you're still confused with the story after catching up. The plot can be very uneven and the ending is not that spectacular.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

ACIII assumes you've played prior games in the series and doesn't do anything to explain what's going on outside of the Animus. I've played 1, 2, and Brotherhood, but didn't finish Revelations and I had no damn clue what Desmond and the others were doing. Go ahead and watch some videos and get caught up, if you don't mind spoilers. Honestly though, the main attraction is what happens in the Animus and the story that takes place in it doesn't require prior knowledge of the series.

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fexal
Member since 2012 • 87 Posts

Well I have a very high end pc along with my Wii U and it is only 25$ on amazon to get assassin's creed 1, 2, botherhood, and revelations so I figure might as well just spend the 25$ and play the whole thing and buy the other games later when I get to that point