Are you spending time in Free Flight in Pilotwings collecting everything?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I'm not really a fan of collecitng stuff anymore, but after I finished Mission Flight Mode (yes, and Diamond class as well), I found myself spending time in Free Flight collecting balloons and trophies and stuff. The funny thing is, I hate the time limit, but at the same time I love collecting the balloons to extend it. :|

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

I haven't finished the missions yet, but I have found lazily flying around the island to be lots of fun

Avatar image for ButteredToast89
ButteredToast89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ButteredToast89
Member since 2010 • 209 Posts

After collecting all the locations and only missing 5 balloons, I kind of got tired of free flight mode lol

ReggieWhite2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 ReggieWhite2
Member since 2004 • 1307 Posts

I was honestly surprised that there was stuff to collect in Free Flight mode. I mean, I thought the whole point of Free Flight was so I could just fly around at my leisure.

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

I love the game, I am just shocked that there isnt unlimited time in Free flight mode. At least make it unlimited after you collect everything...cmon nintendo.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
The collectables gives the free roam some purpose. I've got a good 5+ hours out of it so far. I could only imagine i'd have got bored long ago if there was nothing to do.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I've spend about 3 hours in free flight mode. I have all the locations, all the balloons, all stunt rings, 57/60 Mii trophies, and 57/60 gold rings. I love it. And I like the time limit because it adds a bit of a challenge to the mode. I honestly don't understand why anyone would just want to fly around the island for more than five minutes just for fun... but I guess it would've been nice to have that option for those who want it.

Wuhu Island is REALLY starting to grow on me, though. When I first played Wii Sports Resort, all the locations just seemed random and meaningless to me. But now that I've spent so much time really getting to know my way around, I went back and played WSR today and everything felt so familiar and welcoming. I even spent about a half hour in the free flight mode in that game, shooting balloons and finding locations. I don't know what it is about that kind of thing, but I love it.