Are there other games similar to Metroid Prime 3 on wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

birdeye70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 birdeye70
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I am a big fan of these sci-fi games like halo and Metroid prime. Now as i was looking for new games to buy i noticed that i couldn't find any first person shooter sci-fi games for especially Nintendo Wii. So does anybody know are there such games? I also prefer multiplayer shooting games...

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 kardine
Member since 2008 • 2863 Posts

Well your first problem is that Metroid Prime 3 is a FPA not a FPS. Secondly, are there any type of games like Metroid Prime on any system?

Metroid Prime is more like Bioshock and Half-Life thanHalo.

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

there's the conduit soon...

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
The Conduit is coming in June if you want a sci-fi FPS, but it is nothing like MP3.
wescash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wescash
Member since 2008 • 146 Posts

If you want an FPS, I recommend Medal of Honor Heroes 2, the online and controls are great. Other than that, wait for the Conduit.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

If you prefer multiplayer shooting games, you got the wrong system.:P The PS3/360 is abundant with them.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
onslaught for WiiWare is worth your time. and really? the FPS-FPA argument is getting REALLY old. you walk and you shoot in both types, nobody needs a literal louis around here.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

I am a big fan of these sci-fi games like halo and Metroid prime. Now as i was looking for new games to buy i noticed that i couldn't find any first person shooter sci-fi games for especially Nintendo Wii. So does anybody know are there such games? I also prefer multiplayer shooting games...

birdeye70

Call of Duty: World at War has pointy-shooty controls and multiplayer, though it's not sci-fi. Ditto what wescash said, MoH:H2.

Metroid Prime 1 and 2 New Play Control are probably coming to NA/EU too after their release in Japan.

The Conduit is coming in June, an FPS sci-fi with online multiplayer. You'll probably quite like this so you might want to read up about this one.

There's also Dead Space coming for Wii, which will be an FPS on rails. If you don't mind that, then you might like to check out RE: Umbrella Chronicles in the meantime and the upcoming RE: Darkside Chronicles.

By the way, you should use the Recommendation Thread that's stickied near the top of the forum in the future or else the mods will lock your threads and you won't necessarily get a chance to respond to people.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
There aren't many games in the industry similar to Metroid Prime, Halo is certainly not one of them. If you mean just a space age shooter, there are a million of them on other consoles. But like someone said the first two Metroid Primes are coming to the Wii if you never played them.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kardine
[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]

[QUOTE="birdeye70"]

Call of Duty: World at War has pointy-shooty controls and multiplayer, though it's not sci-fi. Ditto what wescash said, MoH:H2.

Metroid Prime 1 and 2 New Play Control are probably coming to NA/EU too after their release in Japan.

The Conduit is coming in June, an FPS sci-fi with online multiplayer. You'll probably quite like this so you might want to read up about this one.

There's also Dead Space coming for Wii, which will be an FPS on rails. If you don't mind that, then you might like to check out RE: Umbrella Chronicles in the meantime and the upcoming RE: Darkside Chronicles.

By the way, you should use the Recommendation Thread that's stickied near the top of the forum in the future or else the mods will lock your threads and you won't necessarily get a chance to respond to people.

In terms of sci fi halo and Metroid Prime are related but in terms of genre one is a shooter the other is an adventure game.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

For wiiware there is a game called Onslaught.

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts
[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="clicketyclick"]

[QUOTE="birdeye70"]

In terms of sci fi halo and Metroid Prime are related but in terms of genre one is a shooter the other is an adventure game.

No, they are both shooters. In Metroid you shoot all your enemies, you don't greet them or become friends. Sure, you can read some little stories, but in the end you shoot enemies, bosses, doors, etc. It definitely is a first person shooter. Also, don't forget MoHH2!
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

The 360 has a lot of great sci-fi games, if you want to look into those then we can discuss it more on the XBox 360 forums.

On the Wii side they have a couple of decent ones - a lot of people are really looking forward to The Conduit. And if you had a DS, Moon looked interesting, though I haven't heard anything about that game as I sold my DS half a year ago.

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts

The 360 has a lot of great sci-fi games, if you want to look into those then we can discuss it more on the XBox 360 forums.

On the Wii side they have a couple of decent ones - a lot of people are really looking forward to The Conduit. And if you had a DS, Moon looked interesting, though I haven't heard anything about that game as I sold my DS half a year ago.

Ovirew
Can you use the Wiimote and the Wiizapper? Then who cares??
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
[QUOTE="santiagochile"][QUOTE="Ovirew"]

Can you use the Wiimote and the Wiizapper? Then who cares??

Real gamers.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#16 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Metroid Prime 3 is the only first person adventure game on the Wii, and nothing announced for another one.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kardine

santiagochile

No, they are both shooters. In Metroid you shoot all your enemies, you don't greet them or become friends. Sure, you can read some little stories, but in the end you shoot enemies, bosses, doors, etc. It definitely is a first person shooter. Also, don't forget MoHH2!

No Metroid has shooting in it, but it is an Adventure game. FPS=/=FPA

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 clicketyclick

[QUOTE="birdeye70"]

Irrelevant. He likes em both. No distinction needs to be made.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kardine

clicketyclick

I was just stating the difference because you kept mentioning FPS. I know its all in the sci fi vein, I am just sick of people calling Metroid Prim a FPS (I know you did not do that).

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#21 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

birdeye70
Go back through the Gamecube's catalogue. There's plenty of shooters on there that are quality. MP1, MP2, Timesplitters, all of the 007 games had multiplayer etc...
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

[QUOTE="kardine"] In terms of sci fi halo and Metroid Prime are related but in terms of genre one is a shooter the other is an adventure game.santiagochile

Please do not soil the good name of Metroid by calling it a FPS it shows a lot of ignorance. You probably think System Shock and Bioshock are FPS too(although you could kind of make a case for Bioshock).

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kardine

[QUOTE="santiagochile"][QUOTE="kardine"] In terms of sci fi halo and Metroid Prime are related but in terms of genre one is a shooter the other is an adventure game.gamefan67

Please do not soil the good name of Metroid by calling it a FPS it shows a lot of ignorance. You probably think System Shock and Bioshock are FPS too(although you could kind of make a case for Bioshock).

Ya Bioshock is somewhat of a FPS RPG but MP is a FPA not a FPS.
Katana2570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Katana2570
Member since 2004 • 48 Posts
onslaught for WiiWare is worth your time. and really? the FPS-FPA argument is getting REALLY old. you walk and you shoot in both types, nobody needs a literal louis around here. garrett_duffman
Exactly, Metroid is a a game in first person that involves shooting bad guys. Some people just want to feel special, "look at me, I hate fps games, but I play Metroid... wait, um, its not an fps, umm, its not, umn, its really not! Metroid is an fps, get over it.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wiifan001
[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]onslaught for WiiWare is worth your time. and really? the FPS-FPA argument is getting REALLY old. you walk and you shoot in both types, nobody needs a literal louis around here. Katana2570
Exactly, Metroid is a a game in first person that involves shooting bad guys. Some people just want to feel special, "look at me, I hate fps games, but I play Metroid... wait, um, its not an fps, umm, its not, umn, its really not! Metroid is an fps, get over it.

No, it is not a an fps. It's a first person adventure with FPS elements.
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
LOL! HEK NO! There aren't any games similar Metroid at all on Wii, there are barely any other FPSs on Wii either.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17888 Posts
[QUOTE="Katana2570"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]onslaught for WiiWare is worth your time. and really? the FPS-FPA argument is getting REALLY old. you walk and you shoot in both types, nobody needs a literal louis around here. wiifan001

Mp3 is very debateable. it does have the twitch controls and skills required in a FPS and its also alot more action orientated than the first 2. it still has the puzzles and platforming and upgrades that would be expected in an adventure game though. its a toughy. personally i would still side on FPA simply because it goes beyond the remit of a FPS. to call it a FPS would also insinuate that something like oblivion or morrowind is a FPS (if ure using a ranged weapon). it would also insinuate that something like zelda is not an adventure game but just a sword fighting game. MP1 and 2 are definately FPAs though. theres no shooting skill involved in them at all. there very much focused on exploration and puzzle solving. the fighting is more about dodging attacks and exploiting a weakness in ure enemies rather thaan keeping them targeted to shoot them.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kardine
[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="Katana2570"] Exactly, Metroid is a a game in first person that involves shooting bad guys. Some people just want to feel special, "look at me, I hate fps games, but I play Metroid... wait, um, its not an fps, umm, its not, umn, its really not! Metroid is an fps, get over it.osan0

Mp3 is very debateable. it does have the twitch controls and skills required in a FPS and its also alot more action orientated than the first 2. it still has the puzzles and platforming and upgrades that would be expected in an adventure game though. its a toughy. personally i would still side on FPA simply because it goes beyond the remit of a FPS. to call it a FPS would also insinuate that something like oblivion or morrowind is a FPS (if ure using a ranged weapon). it would also insinuate that something like zelda is not an adventure game but just a sword fighting game. MP1 and 2 are definately FPAs though. theres no shooting skill involved in them at all. there very much focused on exploration and puzzle solving. the fighting is more about dodging attacks and exploiting a weakness in ure enemies rather thaan keeping them targeted to shoot them.

Still even in MP3, regular enemies and bosses are more of a puzzle you have to solve then an enemy you have to dismantle. The only reason why people calll it an FPS is that its a popular genre. There are more to FPS then having a gun and being in the first person perspective.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clicketyclick

[QUOTE="clicketyclick"][QUOTE="kardine"] In terms of sci fi halo and Metroid Prime are related but in terms of genre one is a shooter the other is an adventure game.kardine

I was just stating the difference because you kept mentioning FPS. I know its all in the sci fi vein, I am just sick of people calling Metroid Prim a FPS (I know you did not do that).

I keep mentioning FPS because The Conduit is an FPS, and he said he liked FPS. Since you acknowledge that I'm not even saying that MP is an FPS, what was even the point of bringing up this tired debate yet again? It doesn't matter what genre you call it, cuz it's a blend of both FPS (it is in first-person perspective and you're shooting things) and Action-Adventure genres. The only important thing is that you can figure out what you like.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wiifan001
[QUOTE="osan0"][QUOTE="wiifan001"] No, it is not a an fps. It's a first person adventure with FPS elements.kardine

Still even in MP3, regular enemies and bosses are more of a puzzle you have to solve then an enemy you have to dismantle. The only reason why people calll it an FPS is that its a popular genre. There are more to FPS then having a gun and being in the first person perspective.

I just checked under GS and 1up, and they say the genre is FPS. I check under IGN, and they say the it's an FPA.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kardine
[QUOTE="kardine"]

[QUOTE="clicketyclick"] Irrelevant. He likes em both. No distinction needs to be made.clicketyclick

I keep mentioning FPS because The Conduit is an FPS, and he said he liked FPS. Since you acknowledge that I'm not even saying that MP is an FPS, what was even the point of bringing up this tired debate yet again? It doesn't matter what genre you call it, cuz it's a blend of both FPS (it is in first-person perspective and you're shooting things) and Action-Adventure genres. The only important thing is that you can figure out what you like.

Because other people still can't seem to get it in their heads.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kardine
[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="osan0"] Mp3 is very debateable. it does have the twitch controls and skills required in a FPS and its also alot more action orientated than the first 2. it still has the puzzles and platforming and upgrades that would be expected in an adventure game though. its a toughy. personally i would still side on FPA simply because it goes beyond the remit of a FPS. to call it a FPS would also insinuate that something like oblivion or morrowind is a FPS (if ure using a ranged weapon). it would also insinuate that something like zelda is not an adventure game but just a sword fighting game. MP1 and 2 are definately FPAs though. theres no shooting skill involved in them at all. there very much focused on exploration and puzzle solving. the fighting is more about dodging attacks and exploiting a weakness in ure enemies rather thaan keeping them targeted to shoot them.wiifan001

I just checked under GS and 1up, and they say the genre is FPS. I check under IGN, and they say the it's an FPA.

And....?
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wiifan001
[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="kardine"] Still even in MP3, regular enemies and bosses are more of a puzzle you have to solve then an enemy you have to dismantle. The only reason why people calll it an FPS is that its a popular genre. There are more to FPS then having a gun and being in the first person perspective. kardine

And....?

uhhh...I think I clicked on "Quick Quote" when I meant to hit "Quick Reply" which wouldn't have input all those quotes above.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kardine
[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="wiifan001"] I just checked under GS and 1up, and they say the genre is FPS. I check under IGN, and they say the it's an FPA.wiifan001
And....?

uhhh...I think I clicked on "Quick Quote" when I meant to hit "Quick Reply" which wouldn't have input all those quotes above.

No but what it your point. Just because GS and 1up mislabeled does not mean anything. Having a gun and being in the first person does not make it a FPS.