Are there any Nintendo games with under-rated graphics?

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

Are there any Nintendo games we think are under-rated or not that appreciated because of their graphics?

For one, I think that Kirby Yarn for the Wii is unappreciated for its graphics even years after its release. I like yarn-like style behind it even though it play differently than previous and subsequent Kirby games. It is the only Kirby game I played.

Another one is Super Mario Odyssey. I felt that its graphics are under-rated as I can see things that I did not find in previous Super Mario titles. The detail in some of the kingdoms in the game impressed me that I wonder why Nintendo gamers do not talk about the graphics.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

mario odyssey was a mixed bag. a lot of the reflections and textures and stuff were beautiful. but mixed in with some really low res stuff. i think overall it was not as impressive as zelda. and i bit of a letdown graphically. like i said there were many points in the game that looked beautiful. but just too much low res stuff for me. a lot was sacrificed for that locked 60fps.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7256 Posts

F-Zero X was called out for having low rez textures, simple geometry, and bland backgrounds. All of that is true, but to see old school graphics like that running at 60 fps looks really cool to me.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#4 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I found The Last Story to be really pretty. It didn't run all that great in a lot of situations, but I enjoyed the art. I'd love to see a rerelease on Switch.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1852 Posts

All the Mario games are just gorgeous. Mario Party, Mario Brothers, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, etc. I also the graphics of Splatoon and Arms.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#6 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Yeah, Kirby's Epic Yarn is beautiful, something that won't age. I think Hyrule Warriors Legends on New 3DS looks really good, taken as a whole.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Mario Galaxy. It was remarkable at the time considering the Wii didn't have much in terms of graphics.

Twilight Princess. This came out during a time where Resident Evil 4 was king (also on GCN), but TP was graphically superior.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

All Nintendo games are under rated by those not old enough to appreciate art yet

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#9 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

@aki2017 said:

All Nintendo games are under rated by those not old enough to appreciate art yet

I agree. Great graphics with average art design is worse than fair graphics with great art design.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

@so_hai said:
@aki2017 said:

I agree. Great graphics with average art design is worse than fair graphics with great art design.

Well said ;)

masterlink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By masterlink
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

@onesiphorus: Little Sampson has the best graphics on the NES by far!!!! Extremely underrated.

Check out these free rare NES controllers - Contest on YT, costs nothing to enter, just gotta sub and comment:

Loading Video...

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

You might want to edit your title because it seems the opposite of what you mean. And yes I think Kirby's Epic Yarn was good game too.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

Some praise the graphics of Wind Waker, but I think too few does. That game still looks awesome on GameCube. It's timeless, it will always look awesome. Many cel-shaded games released shortly after Wind Waker that tried something similar, but WW is still the best looking cel-shaded game I've seen.

Rovelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rovelius
Member since 2006 • 3252 Posts

@Litchie said:

Some praise the graphics of Wind Waker, but I think too few does. That game still looks awesome on GameCube. It's timeless, it will always look awesome. Many cel-shaded games released shortly after Wind Waker that tried something similar, but WW is still the best looking cel-shaded game I've seen.

You should try Okami. Great game with beautiful, artsy graphics

Robert4151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Robert4151
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

good

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

@Rovelius: I played it on Wii and I'm currently playing it on Steam. It looks amazing, but I especially like how clean WW is. Okami is definitely #2 on my list, though.