Are all GBA games compatible with DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
I'm thinking of ebaying a few GBA games, think I'm going to buy golden sun 1&2 just wanted to know is every game compatible or jus a fixed number.
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

as far as it has being announce (or as far as i know) they are all compatible.

Nintendo.com says that DS is compatible with DS and GBA games, and do not clarify any exceptions so :)

Uchiha_Sasuke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Uchiha_Sasuke1
Member since 2002 • 1636 Posts
si
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

si Uchiha_Sasuke1

hablas espanol or you just know a few words??

if you do... another hispanic here?? :D

Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Corvidae
Member since 2003 • 4357 Posts
The only games you would have issues with are the ones with the built in motion sensing, since the DS is bigger. But I can only think of a few games that have that (Kirby's Tilt & Tumble and Wario Ware: Twist).
Best1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Best1989
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts

[QUOTE="Uchiha_Sasuke1"]si chang_1910

if you do... another hispanic here?? :D

Me, but for some reason, gamespot is in a Witch Hunt for the spanish posts xD

Triste de verdad....

And ya, all the GBA games works with the DS...

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

The only games you would have issues with are the ones with the built in motion sensing, since the DS is bigger. But I can only think of a few games that have that (Kirby's Tilt & Tumble and Wario Ware: Twist). Corvidae
No, those work just fine. It's if you try to play them on the Game Boy Player that you run into trouble... that's probably what you're thinking of.

And the "witch hunt" for Spanish posts isn't so. It's just that Gamespot is an English-only website.

Ignite2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ignite2k3
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts

=\ English-only is good. it wont be nice if everyone starts talking in their own language. lol.

And yes.. Ds is compatible with all GBA games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
yes, all gameboy advance games are compatible, well fully playable, megaman battle network 4 has very small issues with DS
TheGrandMiG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 TheGrandMiG
Member since 2005 • 160 Posts
The only games you would have issues with are the ones with the built in motion sensing, since the DS is bigger. But I can only think of a few games that have that (Kirby's Tilt & Tumble and Wario Ware: Twist). Corvidae
I played Twisted on my DS with no problems.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
I'm thinking of ebaying a few GBA games, think I'm going to buy golden sun 1&2 just wanted to know is every game compatible or jus a fixed number.Dahaka-UK
Maybe you should make sure that you can transfer your datea from GS1 to 2 when you finish the first one. I'm not sure if you'll be able to do that with the ds.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#12 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]I'm thinking of ebaying a few GBA games, think I'm going to buy golden sun 1&2 just wanted to know is every game compatible or jus a fixed number.hydralisk86
Maybe you should make sure that you can transfer your datea from GS1 to 2 when you finish the first one. I'm not sure if you'll be able to do that with the ds.

That's a good point, something people might want to watch out for.

As far as playing GBA games on the DS I have probably fourty GBA games and they all work just fine on the DS...I've never once had a problem, and I have some pretty old GBA games...

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]I'm thinking of ebaying a few GBA games, think I'm going to buy golden sun 1&2 just wanted to know is every game compatible or jus a fixed number.hydralisk86

Thats what I was thinking, did you need 2 GBAs to do the file transfer? I also remember you could do it buy some kind of password code, but I remember finishing Golden Sun 1 and never got no password? Where do you get this password to carry over to GS 2?

Best1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Best1989
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts

[QUOTE="Corvidae"]...But I can only think of a few games that have that (Kirby's Tilt & Tumble and Wario Ware: Twist). MAILER_DAEMON

...And the "witch hunt" for Spanish posts isn't so. It's just that Gamespot is an English-only website.

Ya, youre right, I forgot that Gamespot is a english site xD²

Kirby Tilt & Tumble wont work, because isn´t a GBA game, is from GBC. That, or Nintendo did a GBA version and I never hear of it xD

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Anything from GBC and below won't work with the DS lite.
Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Corvidae
Member since 2003 • 4357 Posts
[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]

[QUOTE="Corvidae"]...But I can only think of a few games that have that (Kirby's Tilt & Tumble and Wario Ware: Twist). Best1989

...And the "witch hunt" for Spanish posts isn't so. It's just that Gamespot is an English-only website.

Ya, youre right, I forgot that Gamespot is a english site xD²

Kirby Tilt & Tumble wont work, because isn´t a GBA game, is from GBC. That, or Nintendo did a GBA version and I never hear of it xD

Hmmm... I don't know what I'm thinking about then. [Opening a new tab to look it up]...

I can't think of any other motion sensing games, so I don't know what I'm talking about. As for Golden Sun there's a way to get a password at the opening screen by holding certain buttons down. Check GameFAQs.

sc_ajk29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 sc_ajk29
Member since 2007 • 564 Posts
All of them are as far as I know, except that multiplayer features on GBA games don't work on the DS.