anyone struggle to finish twilight princess because of sheer boredom?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

socomgamer324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 socomgamer324
Member since 2005 • 1753 Posts
I dont know what it is... I loved ocarina of time, majora's mask, and the windwaker, but it seems like a chore for me to play twilight princess. I am only at the lakebed temple and I find it hard to actually play without getting bored. i think I need some more wii games.. I only have zelda, wii sports, and wii play and ive had my wii since july.
makaveli_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 makaveli_89
Member since 2006 • 3415 Posts
yeah..i stopped when i reached the castle where u fight teh ganondork...u shud try Metroid Prime: Corruption (must have), super mario strikers, or RE4
DannyRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#3 DannyRice
Member since 2004 • 263 Posts
How dare you! Twilight Princess rocks! However, I see where you're coming from. The wolf parts aren't as fun as the human parts. And there are a lot less wolf parts later on so just keep going!
jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts

No, it was an amazing experience, I've played through it once and have started a second file, and have watched it played through twice.

If you're looking for more games, get Metroid, Zack and Wiki, and Super Mario Galaxy.

wiidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 wiidog
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts

You must be stoned if you think Twilight Princess is boring. Thats one of the best games out there.

JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts

WARNING: MP3 SPOILERS AHEAD

The same thing happened to me, but with Metroid Prime 3 (I would never abondon Link!). I beat Ridley and can't figure out where to go exactly in the Pirate Homeworld to fight Dark Samus so I got bored and stopped.

kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
I loved it myself, gonna go back and play it sometime to complete it more too.
LastLaugh90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LastLaugh90
Member since 2005 • 518 Posts

You must be stoned if you think Twilight Princess is boring. Thats one of the best games out there.

wiidog

yeah too bad being stoned means that it would be funner. But i understand whre the TC is coming from. I have owned it since launch and am still at the beginning of temple of time temple.The bmost boring zelda game ives played...

hyruleshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hyruleshero
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
What are u talking about? I finished this game quick and it was so awesome. The only thing I didnt like was the dog and how long it was. It lasted forever.
no_one089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 no_one089
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts
The lakebed temple isnt very fun but it wasnt in oot either. After it though the game starts getting really enjoyable. Im gonna play through the game again on christmas eve hopefully i can stop playing lol.
JonDohJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JonDohJersey
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts

It happen to with MP3

Iam not a big gamer you know play for like 2-3 hours so with the save pionts so far apart I just stop

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18255 Posts
To tell you the truth, i have some problems with TP in the wolf parts, but a really enjoyed and i mean really enjoyed the dungeons, i love the puzzles and all, only thing that really disappointed me was the battles against the bosses, they were really easy.
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts
Right here, buddy.
japanesegoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 japanesegoth
Member since 2004 • 2164 Posts
unfortunately, that seems to be the case with most games i play. unless they're online against people they can get old fast for me. i play ut 2004 a lot. it's simple, but that's probably why i play it so much.
mophl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mophl
Member since 2004 • 54 Posts
I think he would have alot more fun if he was stoned...anyways youre right it is one of the best games out there
EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts

Water Tample was probably the biggest bore, after you get out, the game gets alot better.

I just got inside Hyrle Castle and I've had the game since launch.

miniduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 miniduck
Member since 2003 • 1063 Posts
Weird...I don't recall being bored a single time when playing TP. I absolutely loved it.
finalflame_04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 finalflame_04
Member since 2005 • 58 Posts
i understand where your coming from saying it felt like a chore, too me this was one of the more difficult zelda games and the lakebed temple is very difficult, but for me i played over the christmas break than took a break for roughly 2-3 weeks and got bored at the temple of time, my friend took over and beat the temple and i resume playing, afterwards i was addicted and could not stop playing until i beat the game..twice lol
Scaredyet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Scaredyet
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts
Kinda in the city in the sky...:|
B1kmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 B1kmatt
Member since 2007 • 993 Posts
Are you kinding me Twilight princess is one of the funnest games I have played.
Avatar image for lilkikerman4450
lilkikerman4450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 lilkikerman4450
Member since 2005 • 649 Posts
uh(this is going to sound weird) ive had tp since christmas last year for wii... but i have yet to be able to get a wii because of such high demand worldwide still! But i rented the gamecube version and put in roughly 6hrs and it was interesting fun but not a so addictive fun... one thing that reallly made me not get into the story that much was no voice acting... as advanced in gaming as we are now voice acting should be a given in any good game IMO... but i still think it was fun and would like to play more of it.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26105 Posts

I did.

After the ending credits it gets old fast.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

The only reason I haven't finished Twilight Princess is not because of sheer boredom, but because of excruciatingly long work weeks and the fact that I have kids and blah blah blah...

There's always something in every single game I've ever played that for me detracts from gameplay. For me, the one thing in Twilight Princess was all the times you had to turn into the dog. But did my one teeny tiny minor gripe detract from the overall enjoyment? Not at all.

T_Largo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 T_Largo
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts
I can admit, the game DID have a few pacing issues, particularly during the first few hours and the Water Temple. Still doesnt change the fact that its one of the greatest games ever created.
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 jNerd
Member since 2005 • 7598 Posts
Honestly I got bored, but it's cause I have ADHD-ish gaming disorder, lol. I get bored quick. Halo 3 is the first thing I've played 100% of the way through in a LONG time.
Haligonian_Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Haligonian_Wii
Member since 2007 • 488 Posts

TP was a fun game, but the wolf parts were annoying, hard to control, and the game was repetative. I gave up 3/4 of the way through.

creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
i got bored of it and at the 60th hour of play i cracked it and stoped, lol.
JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#28 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts

Honestly I got bored, but it's cause I have ADHD-ish gaming disorder, lol. I get bored quick. Halo 3 is the first thing I've played 100% of the way through in a LONG time.CheezyFrog

ADD you mean?

DannyRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#29 DannyRice
Member since 2004 • 263 Posts

I hardly think it was repetitive. Sure you play a level, go into the world, play another level... But there were a lot of new, unique, fun items, the wolf thing wasn't that bad for me until like the very last bug collection thing, the fighting system with the sword is easily better than ever, and...

Well, I didn't really complain that much about the Lakebed Temple. To me it was way easier than the Water Temple of OoT, and I think people weren't bored with it, they just got stuck. There's a difference.

Admittedly I had to sit and think once or twice in there but after that level is probably the most fun I've ever had in a Zelda game. The remaining five levels are more fun, far more original, and don't involve the wolf as much, which mainly wasn't nearly as fun as playing as plain old adult Link again because 1: the only things you can do with it are Midna's magic, track scents, dig, and use your senses, and 2: we've been hoping to be adult Link again in a Zelda game since 1998.

Other disappointments I had were that there's no reason at all to go get all the Poe Souls, the wallets were way too small to me (I kept getting the 'it doesn't fit in your wallet, so let's put it back' scene, which I grew to hate), and maybe that it wasn't all orchestrated, like Super Mario Galaxy is now.

But since these are all such tiny complaints that it still deserves like a 9.4-9.5 ish, like IGN's review. Gamespot's reviewers can be such douche bags. They whine about, let's see: "The game's not original enough (even though half the items have never been seen before in the franchise, and I for one have never been a wolf in a Zelda game before)", probably docked it like .5 for not having a lot of blood (a reviewer on here gave Metroid Prime 3 a lower score than No More Heroes, no joke, and probably for the lack of blood), and "I'm retarded so I can't figure out the puzzles, so there's another .5 docked.

In other words, the best game of the franchise. It's not as original as Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, or Phantom Hourglass (unfortunately) but it's damn original for the thirteenth game in the series.

On a side note, rumor has it the next Zelda for Wii will be first person. I don't know about you, but that sounds fun to me (like Elder Scrolls or something) and maybe ORIGINAL enough for Gamespot to quit whining about how their reviewers are too fat to shake the controller.

bohemian_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 bohemian_bob
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts
I think Zelda as a whole is overrated, but I did finish TP. What kept me going was Midna. I'd go furry for her.
1vgfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 1vgfan
Member since 2004 • 1338 Posts

Definetly. I ended up just selling it because it got too boring. It's not that good of an adventure/RPG when you compare it to games like Oblivion and Bioshock.

The only games I 've really got into on the Wii are RE4 and SSBB. I got bored with SMG too.