Anyone Miss Wrestling Games On Nintendo?

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Since WWE2K17 was such a huge fail on 2Ks part, I hope they decide to give Nintendo fans their own series of wrestling games. We haven't had any top tier wrestling games since the N64 but, I thought Day of Reckoning and Wrestlemania games were all fun on the Gamecube. I always found wrestling games to be fun. A lot more fun than watching their shows. It's almost like playing a beat em up except you don't die. You just keep knocking each other with trashcans and chairs and do major acrobatic moves on each other that would kill any normal human being if they didn't have safety maneuvers to prevent death. I think the Switch deserves a line of wrestling games for fans who have the system.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7259 Posts

Yeah, I'd love to see a more fun and arcadey WWE game on Switch than the standard 2k one. Maybe a sequel or successor to WWE All Stars or something.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -ParaNormaN-

@judaspete: Oh man. WWE All Stars was an awesome game!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@-paranorman- said:

Since WWE2K17 was such a huge fail on 2Ks part, I hope they decide to give Nintendo fans their own series of wrestling games. We haven't had any top tier wrestling games since the N64 but, I thought Day of Reckoning and Wrestlemania games were all fun on the Gamecube. I always found wrestling games to be fun. A lot more fun than watching their shows. It's almost like playing a beat em up except you don't die. You just keep knocking each other with trashcans and chairs and do major acrobatic moves on each other that would kill any normal human being if they didn't have safety maneuvers to prevent death. I think the Switch deserves a line of wrestling games for fans who have the system.

id love a wrestling game in the vein of nba playgrounds.

like a cartoon arcady version of wrestling.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -ParaNormaN-

@KBFloYd: That would be really fun too. I hope 2K doesn't give up on the Switch and goes the same route as THQ and give Nintendo consoles different wrestling games rather than their mainline games.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Switch could use a revamp of pro wrestling rather than a god awful WWE product. Wrestling is quite big in Japan which makes me wonder why the company doesn't move on such a game.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -ParaNormaN-

@Solaryellow: A NJPW game would be sweet. Especially with people like Chris Jericho and Cody Rhodes on their roster. ROH is a promotion that has a lot of hype behind it too.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Solaryellow

I'd watch NJPW over the wwe even if you paid me to watch the CT wrestling product. If a wwe game featured only past 80's/90's and may early 2000's competitors, I'd play it but the crap produced for the past few years? No way.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#9 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11669 Posts

I think Fire Pro Wrestling is long overdue a Nintendo return

Otherwise I don't really like wrestling

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I just want to see a good wrestling game on any modern console. Ever since 2K took over the WWE license, the games have been terrible and that pisses me off because wrestling games used to be something that I looked forward to each and every year. We used to get multiple good wrestling games per year, now we can't even get one decent one in an entire generation.

I hope if AEW is successful, they get someone to make a wrestling game for their company that is fun like wrestling games used to be. My ultimate dream would be if they get AKI (or whatever their new name is) to develop it so that we may finally get a wrestling game as great as No Mercy. I know that Cody Rhodes is a fan of the N64 AKI wrestling games and he has influence in AEW, so maybe there is a chance!

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Solaryellow

AEW has a big backer and unless a Dixie Carter caliber individual tries running it, the outcome might be surprising.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7229 Posts

Fire move pro is the best it'll get the TNA game wasn't bad i had more fun playing that than the 2k WWE games.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#13 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11669 Posts
@robert_sparkes said:

Fire move pro is the best

Like a hadōken or firearm?

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

I just want to see Fire Pro Wrestling on the Switch. That would be fantastic.

mk_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mk_1
Member since 2017 • 35 Posts

This should be on the eshop. The best arcade wrestling game to date! Would love some N64 style wrestling games though too.

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

I remember both WWF WrestleMania Challenge & WWF WrestleMania: Steel Cage Challenge on the NES. Awesome games. Then there were the wrestling games on the N64, I had 2 but I forget the names of the ones I had but 1 was featuring WCW NWO wrestlers. My all time favourite wrestling game though has to be Saturday Night Slam Masters. Such a classic!

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7229 Posts

Wcw/nwo revenge was great with an excellent roster. I also liked royal rumble on dreamcast.