Anyone Miss Wrestling Games On Nintendo?

#1 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (1544 posts) -

Since WWE2K17 was such a huge fail on 2Ks part, I hope they decide to give Nintendo fans their own series of wrestling games. We haven't had any top tier wrestling games since the N64 but, I thought Day of Reckoning and Wrestlemania games were all fun on the Gamecube. I always found wrestling games to be fun. A lot more fun than watching their shows. It's almost like playing a beat em up except you don't die. You just keep knocking each other with trashcans and chairs and do major acrobatic moves on each other that would kill any normal human being if they didn't have safety maneuvers to prevent death. I think the Switch deserves a line of wrestling games for fans who have the system.

#2 Posted by judaspete (2988 posts) -

Yeah, I'd love to see a more fun and arcadey WWE game on Switch than the standard 2k one. Maybe a sequel or successor to WWE All Stars or something.

#3 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (1544 posts) -

@judaspete: Oh man. WWE All Stars was an awesome game!

#4 Edited by KBFloYd (21859 posts) -

@-paranorman- said:

Since WWE2K17 was such a huge fail on 2Ks part, I hope they decide to give Nintendo fans their own series of wrestling games. We haven't had any top tier wrestling games since the N64 but, I thought Day of Reckoning and Wrestlemania games were all fun on the Gamecube. I always found wrestling games to be fun. A lot more fun than watching their shows. It's almost like playing a beat em up except you don't die. You just keep knocking each other with trashcans and chairs and do major acrobatic moves on each other that would kill any normal human being if they didn't have safety maneuvers to prevent death. I think the Switch deserves a line of wrestling games for fans who have the system.

id love a wrestling game in the vein of nba playgrounds.

like a cartoon arcady version of wrestling.

#5 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (1544 posts) -

@KBFloYd: That would be really fun too. I hope 2K doesn't give up on the Switch and goes the same route as THQ and give Nintendo consoles different wrestling games rather than their mainline games.

#6 Posted by Solaryellow (4950 posts) -

Switch could use a revamp of pro wrestling rather than a god awful WWE product. Wrestling is quite big in Japan which makes me wonder why the company doesn't move on such a game.

#7 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (1544 posts) -

@Solaryellow: A NJPW game would be sweet. Especially with people like Chris Jericho and Cody Rhodes on their roster. ROH is a promotion that has a lot of hype behind it too.

#8 Posted by Solaryellow (4950 posts) -

I'd watch NJPW over the wwe even if you paid me to watch the CT wrestling product. If a wwe game featured only past 80's/90's and may early 2000's competitors, I'd play it but the crap produced for the past few years? No way.

#9 Posted by RSM-HQ (8426 posts) -

I think Fire Pro Wrestling is long overdue a Nintendo return

Otherwise I don't really like wrestling

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
#10 Edited by deactivated-5d1e44cf96229 (2814 posts) -

I just want to see a good wrestling game on any modern console. Ever since 2K took over the WWE license, the games have been terrible and that pisses me off because wrestling games used to be something that I looked forward to each and every year. We used to get multiple good wrestling games per year, now we can't even get one decent one in an entire generation.

I hope if AEW is successful, they get someone to make a wrestling game for their company that is fun like wrestling games used to be. My ultimate dream would be if they get AKI (or whatever their new name is) to develop it so that we may finally get a wrestling game as great as No Mercy. I know that Cody Rhodes is a fan of the N64 AKI wrestling games and he has influence in AEW, so maybe there is a chance!

#11 Posted by Solaryellow (4950 posts) -

AEW has a big backer and unless a Dixie Carter caliber individual tries running it, the outcome might be surprising.

#12 Posted by robert_sparkes (3084 posts) -

Fire move pro is the best it'll get the TNA game wasn't bad i had more fun playing that than the 2k WWE games.

#13 Posted by RSM-HQ (8426 posts) -
@robert_sparkes said:

Fire move pro is the best

Like a hadōken or firearm?

#14 Posted by Vaidream45 (1966 posts) -

I just want to see Fire Pro Wrestling on the Switch. That would be fantastic.

#15 Posted by mk_1 (35 posts) -

This should be on the eshop. The best arcade wrestling game to date! Would love some N64 style wrestling games though too.

#16 Edited by Worlds_Apart (184 posts) -

I remember both WWF WrestleMania Challenge & WWF WrestleMania: Steel Cage Challenge on the NES. Awesome games. Then there were the wrestling games on the N64, I had 2 but I forget the names of the ones I had but 1 was featuring WCW NWO wrestlers. My all time favourite wrestling game though has to be Saturday Night Slam Masters. Such a classic!

#17 Posted by robert_sparkes (3084 posts) -

Wcw/nwo revenge was great with an excellent roster. I also liked royal rumble on dreamcast.