Anybody else lost to Glass Joe in Punch-Out Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

I sure did. He's not as easy as I remember from the old NES game. I'm having difficulty dodging his delayed right hook. Does that make me pathetic? GameTrailers even made a countdown for Top 10 Video Game Punks, and "The Dude Who Lost To Glass Joe" is #2.

g1rldraco7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#2 g1rldraco7
Member since 2008 • 2988 Posts
Not at all. it's just that you have to get use to the controll scheme of the wii remote. You're probably use to the controller. just do the training section of him and you'll knock him out in no time.
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

I lost to Glass Joe a couple times years ago in the arcade. And it wasn't my first time playing. I lost when I could consistantly get up to bald bull and usually beat him (I would mostly lose to pizza pasta).

Any, I remember losing the fight with glass joe, and it was like I couldn't do anything. I swear I thought the game randomly made him really good every once in awhile.

DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DS_Lightning21
Not at all. it's just that you have to get use to the controll scheme of the wii remote. You're probably use to the controller. just do the training section of him and you'll knock him out in no time.g1rldraco7
I use the Wiimote on the side like NES style (I don't plan on using the Nunchuk anytime soon), and it's still tough to see when he does his regular right hook or delayed right hook. The game even has a new mechanism where the boxer glows red right before he throws a punch, and even that's pretty tough to follow. Well, the game just came out today, so I won't stress too much about it. But Glass Joe is supposed to be marked in Nintendo's history as arguably the wimpiest enemy ever, so I thought that was a pretty funny idea.
PhoenixVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 PhoenixVenom
Member since 2008 • 706 Posts

no, my first lose was against great tiger, had to get used to the timing and his new special on how to dodge it, its dif from the original. regardless the game is awesome

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
lol losing to Glass Jaw is one of the most embarassing acts in gaming, I hope no one was around. I get it from my friends for losing to Hoy Quarlow, let alone taking an L from Glass Joe.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i never thought it was possible to lose to glass joe
kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts
I didn't lose to him but I did lose to Disco Kid :(
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I think if you lose to Joe on your first try it just means your trying too hard. You don't have to figure him out to beat him, just throw some random punches and you be fine.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

I don't own the game yet but I read that Glass Joe in Title Defense mode with his stupid helmet is painful. Do you mean that?

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

I don't own the game yet but I read that Glass Joe in Title Defense mode with his stupid helmet is painful. Do you mean that?

chris3116
Nah all you need is a Star Punch to knock his helmet off and then pummel him par usual, but he is definitely more of challenge especially if you miss the star power oppurtunity.
Jackal1721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jackal1721
Member since 2009 • 107 Posts
I lost to him...on the SNES version I'm gonna get the wii version...I can't believe I lost to him WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?
DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DS_Lightning21

The Title Defense version of Glass Joe is actually pretty hard, but nonetheless, it's still Glass Joe!

Whoever here thinks it's not possible to lose to Glass Joe really needs to play Punch-Out Wii. This game is not as predictable as everyone thinks. It's actually kind of a fun prank to challenge friends to fight the Title Defense Glass Joe just to see how many of them "actually lost to Glass Joe". Ha! Ha!

kidnick01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 kidnick01
Member since 2005 • 106 Posts

Go practice before ANY match....it helps get the timing down so you can have a better opportunity. I didn't lose to him, and I didn't practice either...but I did when I did lose for the first time to the Great Tiger...new punches threw me for a loop....ever since the loss, I have been practicing and it helps. Get used to the controls and you'll be fine. It's all about learning the new patterns and timings....you'll be ok.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

My first lost was against King Hippo

johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 johnnyv2003
Member since 2003 • 13762 Posts

my first loss was to king hippo using the Wii Remote/Nunchuck/Balance Board combo. I won't consider myself done with this game until i can beat it without being hit, using that control scheme....hopefully i'll have it recorded when/if i do it.

blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#17 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts

I've gotten knocked down by him on the NES one,I'll admit. Once you're used to super hard fights against Bald Bull and Soda Popinsky which involve intense concentration and lightning quick reflexes, fighting a guy who just stands there really threw me off.

In the Wii one here, he actually got quite a few punches in, but that was because I was getting used the (awsome) new motion controls. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

PhoenixVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 PhoenixVenom
Member since 2008 • 706 Posts

I lost to him...on the SNES version I'm gonna get the wii version...I can't believe I lost to him WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?Jackal1721

glass joe isnt in super punchout for SNES, theres gabby jay who is supposed to be an old version of him but thats it

skullboy950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 skullboy950
Member since 2008 • 348 Posts

WOW. Just...wow dude.:roll:

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

Nope. I haven't played much of the old game and I beat him in the new one on my first try.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

[QUOTE="Jackal1721"]I lost to him...on the SNES version I'm gonna get the wii version...I can't believe I lost to him WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?PhoenixVenom

glass joe isnt in super punchout for SNES, theres gabby jay who is supposed to be an old version of him but thats it

Actually, Gabby Jay is different. He's supposed to be so bad that his only win was against Glass Joe (1-99 record).