Any other hardcore Wii owners annoyed by this?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nintenkid49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nintenkid49
Member since 2009 • 3977 Posts
I am really annoyed with the people with multiple systems who say when a good game is coming out, they always say, "well time to wipe the dust off my Wii." It gets really annoying after you have seen it on a bunch of thread muliple times. Anyone else annoyed?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Amen brother from another mother!

The people who always "dust off the Wii" have nothing too

It's like "where are all your games?"

"Oh I get them from another console"

No, sorry pablo nogameplayo!

The Wii has a bunch of games that are either completely new this gen or can only be played on the Wii. If you're not playing those games then don't even speak to me about a "dusty" Wii. I will not only dismiss everything you say but I will shun you

Oh I will shun you

TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts

I really just don't get the phrase "My Wii has been collecting dust". I mean, WTH? Doesn't it collect dust regardless of whether you've been playing it?

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
I think these are probably just fanboys for the other consoles. They say they own a Wii to disarm you from saying they don't have one, then they bash it.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I really just don't get the phrase "My Wii has been collecting dust". I mean, WTH? Doesn't it collect dust regardless of whether you've been playing it?

TAKE_IT_BACK

That's what I don't get

When you play do you move the console back and forth?

Are all these fake hardcore players waving their console in the air back and forth when they play?

No wonder I always see complaints about the length of the component cables, some users are waving the console over their heads

No, you're doing it wrong.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Wait you have to be a hardcore wii owner to be annoyed by it? Anyway i really don't care. There's plenty of games and if they don't like the games that the wii offers they poorly researched the wii. Their mistake and hopefully they'll learn from it and reserach instead of blindly buying.
Nintenkid49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nintenkid49
Wait you have to be a hardcore wii owner to be annoyed by it? Anyway i really don't care. There's plenty of games and if they don't like the games that the wii offers they poorly researched the wii. Their mistake and hopefully they'll learn from it and reserach instead of blindly buying.craigalan23
you don't have to be hardcore, just to really like the wii. I only own nintendo consoles (nintendo 64, Wii, DS lite, GBA, GCN) and i enjoy playing lots of games on them and for some reason that really annoys me.
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts

[QUOTE="TAKE_IT_BACK"]

Jaysonguy

That's what I don't get

Are all these fake hardcore players waving their console in the air back and forth when they play?

No wonder I always see complaints about the length of the component cables, some users are waving the console over their heads

Lol. It'd be hilarious for you to spring that on some SW users; they'd just freak out.

DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

TAKE_IT_BACK
Ha! Ha! That's right! If a console is not collecting dust, it's probably tucked away in storage somewhere. I love playing Wii! And with MadWorld and Conduit coming out, it'll collect even more dust! Yeah!
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 craigalan23

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]Wait you have to be a hardcore wii owner to be annoyed by it? Anyway i really don't care. There's plenty of games and if they don't like the games that the wii offers they poorly researched the wii. Their mistake and hopefully they'll learn from it and reserach instead of blindly buying.Nintenkid49
you don't have to be hardcore, just to really like the wii. I only own nintendo consoles (nintendo 64, Wii, DS lite, GBA, GCN) and i enjoy playing lots of games on them and for some reason that really annoys me.

You just have to ignore it. There's going to be people like that with any system. I've heard dust off the console on other forums too. People just need to understand that we really don't care. I've had to dust off my consoles because my house collects dust but i don't really see why they need to tell us that.

Nintenkid49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nintenkid49

[QUOTE="Nintenkid49"][QUOTE="craigalan23"]Wait you have to be a hardcore wii owner to be annoyed by it? Anyway i really don't care. There's plenty of games and if they don't like the games that the wii offers they poorly researched the wii. Their mistake and hopefully they'll learn from it and reserach instead of blindly buying.craigalan23

You just have to ignore it. There's going to be people like that with any system. I've heard dust off the console on other forums too. People just need to understand that we really don't care. I've had to dust off my consoles because my house collects dust but i don't really see why they need to tell us that.

Lol that is so true. I should put that as my new sig :P
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 craigalan23
[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

[QUOTE="Nintenkid49"]you don't have to be hardcore, just to really like the wii. I only own nintendo consoles (nintendo 64, Wii, DS lite, GBA, GCN) and i enjoy playing lots of games on them and for some reason that really annoys me.Nintenkid49

Lol that is so true. I should put that as my new sig :P

Yes you should ;) :P.

webhead921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 webhead921
Member since 2009 • 684 Posts

Amen brother from another mother!

The people who always "dust off the Wii" have nothing too

It's like "where are all your games?"

"Oh I get them from another console"

No, sorry pablo nogameplayo!

The Wii has a bunch of games that are either completely new this gen or can only be played on the Wii. If you're not playing those games then don't even speak to me about a "dusty" Wii. I will not only dismiss everything you say but I will shun you

Oh I will shun you

Jaysonguy

Truth!

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts

That's what I don't get

Jaysonguy

LOL that's funny.

Ironically the wii is probably the only thing that doesn't gather dust at my house.

tnfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#15 tnfaith
Member since 2008 • 149 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

That's what I don't get

DDRMom

LOL that's funny.

Ironically the wii is probably the only thing that doesn't gather dust at my house.

Same with me. Well not that I can see, clearly, from like 10 feet away, using peripheral vision because I'm too focused on the game, which happens to be Call of Duty, and OH, I just owned a noob, with my submachine gun, right to the head.

I mean, regardless of whether you're playing or not, if it's not collecting dust already you must have been polishing it everyday. So much for "I don't play my Wii no more homie"

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

I used to be until i got a 360 and unfortunately my Wii barely gets played anymore.

I have been very unhappy with most of Nintendo's VC releases for a number of months and what is even worse is Brawl is the last 1st party game i bought and that was back in June.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
Both my wii and 360 are covered with dust... I just don't have time anymore:?
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#18 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Anyone who boasts anywhere on the Web about their Wii doing nothing but collecting dust at this point in time is considered a failure as not just a Wii owner, but as a gamer in general.
Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

I used to be until i got a 360 and unfortunately my Wii barely gets played anymore.

I have been very unhappy with most of Nintendo's VC releases for a number of months and what is even worse is Brawl is the last 1st party game i bought and that was back in June.

Nintendo_Man
Well maybe you should buy some 3rd party games? Like maybe Okami or Deadly Creatures or something.
channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 channtheman1
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts
Well to be honest with you guys, I have all 3 consoles from this generation and all of them could afford a good old fashioned dusting. :P Seriously, I pull my PS3 down off the shelf and it has a nice coat of dust on it. Same with the Wii and 360 but it's most noticeable on the PS3. The dust on the console has nothing to do with how much you play it. Well that was only slightly off topic. As for the topic at hand yeah it's stupid to say that because well the Wii has games and like I already mentioned, dust collects on all the consoles. They just don't take care of their systems and keep them clean.
pro_gamer12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 pro_gamer12345
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
Doesn't really annoy me....
Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nintendo_Man
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]

Chojuto

Well maybe you should buy some 3rd party games? Like maybe Okami or Deadly Creatures or something.

Alot of 3rd party games i want are not on the Wii. There are some great 3rd party games such as De Blob, Boom Blox that i do enjoy.

LOZ_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 LOZ_Link
Member since 2004 • 1693 Posts

its stupid, only true gamers can appriciate the wii.

tnfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tnfaith

its stupid, only true gamers can appriciate the wii.

LOZ_Link

tell me bout it.

Avatar image for The_Dark_Jester
The_Dark_Jester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 The_Dark_Jester
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
First off I don't think this applies just to "hardcore" Wii owners. Back on topic though this is coming from someone who owns all three systems the thoeretical "dust" would be the thickest on my PS3. I don't know why people would have "dust" on their Wiis especially with all the great party games out there. I for one know that the VC will keep me coming back for more and more.
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
my wii discs are collecting dust... ive been playing gamecube games due to the lack of wii games i am interested in. dont worry about what other people say. this is a minuscule thing and you are turning it into a bigger thing than it is. some people just dont play their system as much. deal with it. if a game gets a wii owner excited to play a game and "dust it off" who the hell are you to get mad at them for saying it?
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts

Gah! Yeah, this is annoying as heck.

And what's worse is that I see it in almost every topic about an up comming game:

"House of the Dead:OK is coming out!" "Looks like I'm going to have to dust off my wii..."

"Madworld looks like fun." "Blood and violence, time to dust off the old wii."

"New Muramasa pics." "Guess I'm going to finally buy something and clear the dust off the wii."

We get it people. Your wii gathers dust and/or you don't keep a clean house.

eric813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 eric813
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts
yeah that saying does get rather annoying. i'll amit i did stop playing my wii for 1 month straight at one point but i have more hours then it then any other any console.(for the amount of time i've had it). I havnt been playing my xbox360 for about a week i guess its collecting dust.lol
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
I do find it somewhat annoying when people say that, but the fact is its true...Yeh I play my old Wii games but I have clocked them all so many times...I NEED NEW ACTUAL NINTENDO GAMES! simply put. I can tell you now although Wii does have some great games (around 20GREAT games) I have completed all of the top games like 3 times over so there really isn't a point of playing my Wii, except Gamecube games, and to be honest I don't even have many Wii games anymore...I have like 5 now. When was the last decent game on Wii?...no wait let me rephrase that...When was the last Nintendo game?.....Brawl!....that was like 5 months ago...how can Nintendo not have made a new game between that amount of time? don't answer that because I know, but I m just saying that is quite bad.
Avatar image for capitalthoughts
capitalthoughts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 capitalthoughts
Member since 2007 • 354 Posts
No, because comments like that come from the same idiots who look at Madworld and say "Finally, a mature Wii game." There is a lot of resentment towards the Wii right now. A lot of people who hate the Wii simply bet on the wrong horse this generation. They are so blindly loyal too a specific company that they would never dare ask Microsoft why would they make a system that breaks down, or why the PS3 broke so many promises and why they have a new version of their system every 3 months to try and sell a few. It is easier to mock the Wii in any way you can then it is to admit that Sony and Microsoft let the general public down. Instead, what you hear is that somehow the PS3 and X360 owners are just smarter then everyone else and that anyone who buys a Wii is because they are stupid and it is a gimmick. They are a small minority. Remember what Aesop said though. Just because someone makes a lot of fuss, doesn't mean that they are important.
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 stike22
capital not that I don't agree with you but well...ALL THE HORSES THIS GEN SUCK! to be honest. I just wish Nintendo would make actual games and hurry up...and refuse all kids and crap games from now on. I wish Microsoft would actually solve the hardware issues with the X360 and actually make more long lasting game like Oblivion. I wish Sony would swallow their useless pride lower the price on the biggest flop of a release console and make a decent amount of games on it. 2yrs release and it only has like 3great games on it. This gen really is crap. But well Nintendo won't be making these crap games forever...one day they will go back to focusing on the gamers only...can't wait.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I dont say it but I understand why people do. The only game that is coming out this year that I am getting for sure is Pikmin and that is crazy since it is a 8 year old game with new controls.
tnfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tnfaith
Hmm, no chance of a flame war here :D
channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 channtheman1
capital not that I don't agree with you but well...ALL THE HORSES THIS GEN SUCK! to be honest. I just wish Nintendo would make actual games and hurry up...and refuse all kids and crap games from now on. I wish Microsoft would actually solve the hardware issues with the X360 and actually make more long lasting game like Oblivion. I wish Sony would swallow their useless pride lower the price on the biggest flop of a release console and make a decent amount of games on it. 2yrs release and it only has like 3great games on it. This gen really is crap. But well Nintendo won't be making these crap games forever...one day they will go back to focusing on the gamers only...can't wait.stike22
All three systems have faults and they all have advantages. The one fault that I can't live with though is that they ALL COLLECT DUST! Seriously Nintendo, MS, and Sony, get it together and make a console that cannot collect dust. I pull a system at random off the shelf and nearly die wheezing from breathing in all the dust! :evil:
Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nintendo_Man
Here in Australia, Sega advertises House of the Dead Overkill as the hardcore game Wii owners have been waiting for (Tv ads).
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 stike22
[QUOTE="stike22"]capital not that I don't agree with you but well...ALL THE HORSES THIS GEN SUCK! to be honest. I just wish Nintendo would make actual games and hurry up...and refuse all kids and crap games from now on. I wish Microsoft would actually solve the hardware issues with the X360 and actually make more long lasting game like Oblivion. I wish Sony would swallow their useless pride lower the price on the biggest flop of a release console and make a decent amount of games on it. 2yrs release and it only has like 3great games on it. This gen really is crap. But well Nintendo won't be making these crap games forever...one day they will go back to focusing on the gamers only...can't wait.channtheman1
All three systems have faults and they all have advantages. The one fault that I can't live with though is that they ALL COLLECT DUST! Seriously Nintendo, MS, and Sony, get it together and make a console that cannot collect dust. I pull a system at random off the shelf and nearly die wheezing from breathing in all the dust! :evil:

channeltheman1, AGREED! but still they all pretty much suck when you compare them to previous gens consoles.
channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 channtheman1
[QUOTE="channtheman1"][QUOTE="stike22"]capital not that I don't agree with you but well...ALL THE HORSES THIS GEN SUCK! to be honest. I just wish Nintendo would make actual games and hurry up...and refuse all kids and crap games from now on. I wish Microsoft would actually solve the hardware issues with the X360 and actually make more long lasting game like Oblivion. I wish Sony would swallow their useless pride lower the price on the biggest flop of a release console and make a decent amount of games on it. 2yrs release and it only has like 3great games on it. This gen really is crap. But well Nintendo won't be making these crap games forever...one day they will go back to focusing on the gamers only...can't wait.stike22

channeltheman1, AGREED! but still they all pretty much suck when you compare them to previous gens consoles.

To me the golden age was the SNES to the N64 and all other consoles between (PS1 and Genesis). So many fun and great games during that time. I'm still upset that I sold my N64 but I do still have my SNES and Genesis that I love to play occasionally. There is no comparison to playing the originals on the original system.
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 stike22
Not just you mate...not just you...THAT WAS the golden age of gaming.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
Yeah. Extremely. At least come up with a new phrase. My Wii has moved in like a year and it has hardly any dust on it, and its 2 inches form the floor. So those people either need to clean their room and come up with a new phrase lol.
Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 Nomad0404
Member since 2004 • 1111 Posts

I am really annoyed with the people with multiple systems who say when a good game is coming out, they always say, "well time to wipe the dust off my Wii." It gets really annoying after you have seen it on a bunch of thread muliple times. Anyone else annoyed?Nintenkid49

I have a white plastic casing thing that holds my Wii on it's side and has grooves init on the top for game cases to be slotted in, I only bought it so I could put a DVD player or my Xbox ontop of the wii. However, it's a serious dust trap so sometimes I really do have to dust of my Wii:D