Any chance of Wii getting Shining Force 3 (it's a Saturn game)?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Odd_Eye (923 posts) -

I love the fact that Shining Force I and II are on the VC for Wii. Two of my favourite games of all time. I never got a chance to play the third one and since it sells used on Ebay for around $150, I won't be picking it up anytime soon.

Will Saturn games ever come to the Wii? This game would be a system seller for me.. as of right now all that is appealing to me on the consoleis SMG and possibly Wii sports. I've actually never played a Wii yet, but love the idea of VC games.

#2 Posted by digiram79 (251 posts) -

I'm on the same boat, but did have a chance to play the first part of SF3. It was incredible, but the story goes on and it sucks thatI never got to play the rest.

A compilation of all 3 parts would be awesome. I doubt the Wii can do Saturn emulation, but they should be able to port Saturn games over to Wii though.

#3 Posted by spidermonkey11 (1716 posts) -

what Shining Force II is on the VC? I have been waiting for this game since I beat the first one!!!

#4 Posted by Odd_Eye (923 posts) -

Shining Force II is on the way, yep :)

Check out the upcoming VC games on IGN/just about anywhere.

It is SO MUCH better than the first one.. honestly, it is one of my favourite games of all time... arguably my favorite. I have beaten it at least times

#5 Posted by spidermonkey11 (1716 posts) -
Yah I noticed that and I want it NOW!!! Hopefully by the end of December and I will forgive VC for being lackluster these last few weeks
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
#6 Posted by SmashBrosLegend (11344 posts) -
I'd eat my own leg to get Saturn games onto the VC.
#7 Posted by Quilex (112 posts) -
I would love to see Shining force 3 on Wii ( never even seen it ) but one and two are my all time favorite games. I still have them on mega drive and play through them every year or 2.
#8 Posted by Cesar_Barba (3665 posts) -

I'm on the same boat, but did have a chance to play the first part of SF3. It was incredible, but the story goes on and it sucks thatI never got to play the rest.

A compilation of all 3 parts would be awesome. I doubt the Wii can do Saturn emulation, but they should be able to port Saturn games over to Wii though.

digiram79
I don't see why the Wii could not do it, but then again, if they port over then they can optimize, and then even release all three scenarios for it. From what I read, only the first one was released in the US, is that correct?
#9 Posted by jmangafan (1933 posts) -
The hardest thing about emulating it is getting over its CD based nature. I seriously doubt that the game was space intensive, given the series namesake. I'd say Saturn titles are very likely, but some of the more FMV intensive ones might be cut or at least edited.
#10 Posted by BigKevSexyMan (51 posts) -
I wouldn't bother with only playing episode 1 of Shining force 3. It's pretty anticlimatic alone. But you guys should know that there is an effort(by possibly illegal means) out there to translate episode 2&3. Episode 2 is practically done being translated, and if you want to buy it to play or get it by "other" means it's somewhat enjoyable, but it only takes Medions side of the story. Episode 3 is probably where all the good stuff happens. I haven't played it yet, because I think the translation isn't done yet, but I probably will. You guys can go to www.shiningforcecentral.com for more details. Just find the shining force 3 forum. I know they're looking for people to help out.