Any C&C Renegade Fans?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts

I think that Command and Conquer: Renegade was a pretty decent FPS, its actually one of my favorites, i think it would work well on the wii, it wasnt very... what to call it, controller demanding, i mean the controls are pretty basic, the wii remote and nunchuk could more than handle it. i was thinking somehwere along the lines of this:

Analog: movement

D-pad (left and right): weapons class scrolling

D-pad (up and down): change specific weapon ( like how they have different levels of guns, similar to RE4 hangun, red 9, blacktial, ect.)

A button and waggle: grenade

B button: fire

Z button: melee

Z or A button: action button

1 button: toggle map

2 button: menu

The games online is not bad, i used to be obsessed with it, and since it was EA (im pretty sure) that means no friend codes. The single player, although not INSANELY long, was fun and rather fufilling, with a bit of difficulty levels and little side missions. Another good aspect of this is the download capabilities, which would work EXCELLENTLY with the storage solution, whatever that is. the game has all kinds of multiplayer and single player mods for it, so a DLC would be darn near a must.

Another good aspect is that it is fun, and its not very graphically demanding. the game looked... Alright, but it didnt really take away from the game, everything was smooth and not really buggy, but the character models were a bit blocky, but in an FPS, that doesnt really matter.

i think that this is a good game, like i said i had fun with it on the PC, any thoughts?

Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

I remember buying this game however long ago, and I picked up TFD series and redownloaded the game and its still pretty decent.

I didnt get to play online much but I played against the AI which was good fun although the AI isn't the best. For Wii you would also need vehicle controls. It could be done I guess. I don't think we will ever see a renegade or C&C shooter on the Wii, but maybe another game like it I guess.

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 garrett_duffman

I remember buying this game however long ago, and I picked up TFD series and redownloaded the game and its still pretty decent.

I didnt get to play online much but I played against the AI which was good fun although the AI isn't the best. For Wii you would also need vehicle controls. It could be done I guess. I don't think we will ever see a renegade or C&C shooter on the Wii, but maybe another game like it I guess.

Gokuja

vehicle controls couldnt be hard, i think motion sensing during it should be optional though

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts
I own C&C: Tiberian Sun. I lost it last year though:(.
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 garrett_duffman

I own C&C: Tiberian Sun. I lost it last year though:(.GamerBoy53

tiberian sun is good, i loved red alert 2, i would not mind having that for wii, renegade doesnt play like Tiberian sun though, its an FPS

tobenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 tobenator
Member since 2005 • 3777 Posts

If they make a new one, and not ANOTHER STINKIN' PORT, then yes. Renegade 2 would be sweet.

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 garrett_duffman

If they make a new one, and not ANOTHER STINKIN' PORT, then yes. Renegade 2 would be sweet.

tobenator

or both... lol as long as the online experiance is okay, im fine

jatly0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 jatly0
Member since 2003 • 222 Posts
I have all of the C&C series 8) i still play them all too... Westwood studios was the best company ever! before EA bought them out :(
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
ive played the red alert 3 beta, it look promising, but anyways. im not sure why they havnt made a c&c game for wii, it would be alot easier than oine for the 360 (they have it on 360) it would be easier to select units and order them around on the wii, EA is missing a GREAT oppertunity here...
Zevicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Zevicus
Member since 2006 • 237 Posts
Theyre making tiberium that doesnt satisfy you?
DiaperRash89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 DiaperRash89
Member since 2008 • 371 Posts
I always wanted to play this on PC, and plan on buying CnC First Decades.. hopefully people still play this online
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 garrett_duffman

ive played the red alert 3 beta, it look promising, but anyways. im not sure why they havnt made a c&c game for wii, it would be alot easier than oine for the 360 (they have it on 360) it would be easier to select units and order them around on the wii, EA is missing a GREAT oppertunity here...SF_KiLLaMaN

renegade is an FPS, not a RTS

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
CNC Renegade was ok, but they do need to change a few things and maybe give the AI a brain.