Another Kirby game and a game called Pandora Tower is revealed from Nintendo

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Thanks to thunderdrome on the SW forums for the info pertaining to the nintendo meeting in Japan.

Here's the trailer to the new kirby game

Kirby trailer: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library...110128/07.html

Enjoy!

Here's the info for Pandora Tower

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/sx3j/index.html

FatCatPatRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FatCatPatRat
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts

beat me by a minute :evil:

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 super600  Moderator

beat me by a minute :evil:

FatCatPatRat

I got lucky anyway.

Wii4Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Wii4Fun
Member since 2008 • 1472 Posts

New IP! F

And the name sounds so awesome I'm going to assume it's awesome! :D

Who would have thought we would have gotten another Kirby this year? And it seems like the unreleased Kirby adventures for GC too.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 super600  Moderator

New IP! F

And the name sounds so awesome I'm going to assume it's awesome! :D

Who would have thought we would have gotten another Kirby this year? And it seems like the unreleased Kirby adventures for GC too.

Wii4Fun

I think it only releases for Japan this year.

Search for the translation of the Kirby game on google it's funny.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

Looks great, hopefully both games make it over to NA

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

alexh_99

Yes and after the Last Story lets not get our hopes up for Pandora Tower

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

Shame that Pandora Tower will not be releasing here as usual. :(

XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

I hope the Kirby game comes to North America this year!

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Anyone else think that Kirby game looks like its running off the DKCR engine? The visuals, and the UI in particular look like a reskinned DKCR, if so I am very excited for this game :D

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
who needs HD consoles for fully destructible environments? 8) awkward timing to announce games, but they look really cool. even though all we have in the pandora's tower one is a site with a picture of a semi-nude girl with a pretty voice and a tattoo.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#12 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Another Wii epic RPG?

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

Shame that Pandora Tower will not be releasing here as usual. :(

Zanoh

A classic kirby game? GREAT I loved epic yarn and I'm sure I'll love this.

AND SHHHH don't say things like that. The Last Story,Xenoblade,Pandora Tower ALL AT E3!!!!!!

EDIT: Oh and Dragon Quest X!!!

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Awesome, another Wii JRPG that Nintendo can dangle in front of us until NoA decides not to localize it. Forgive me if I don't get excited.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Very mysterious. I don't no why people assume its a JRPG. However if that person on the teaser website is a man, it most likely is. If its a women it could be anything.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

That Kirby game looks awesome.

MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

Who said Pandora will be an RPG? Not even the developers are known, nor anything else other than the title.

wes008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wes008
Member since 2009 • 802 Posts

KIRBY GOT HIS COPY ABILITIES BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :')

And another amazing RPG that we will never get to see :'(

wes008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wes008
Member since 2009 • 802 Posts

Very mysterious. I don't no why people assume its a JRPG. However if that person on the teaser website is a man, it most likely is. If its a women it could be anything.

DaBrainz

Of course it's a woman! (If you don't believe me, look at the girl around her chest area)

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Kirbah! Alright, another Kirby game. I agree with the other poster who thought it looked like it was running on a similiar engine to Donkey Kong Country Returns.

As for the Pandora's Tower image...a bit racy for Nintendo :/

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Kirby looks good.

As for the other game - I don't get where people are getting that "it won't come to NA" and "it's an RPG".

We don't know much about the game except that it's out in Spring in Japan and it's published by Nintendo. No word on the developer or the genre or anything else.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Awesome, another Wii JRPG that Nintendo can dangle in front of us until NoA decides not to localize it. Forgive me if I don't get excited.meetroid8

[QUOTE="alexh_99"]

Cruse34

I agree, that game will never be released here

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts
[QUOTE="JuarN18"][QUOTE="meetroid8"]

[QUOTE="alexh_99"]

Cruse34

Last Story is a new IP, you can't compare it with kirby

I don't think they're talking about kirby. Looks to me as they are talking about Pandora Tower
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

[QUOTE="JuarN18"]

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

alexh_99

Last Story is a new IP, you can't compare it with kirby

I don't think they're talking about kirby. Looks to me as they are talking about Pandora Tower

I see... my bad

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

New Kirby looks cool. I still need to pick up epic yarn. Well there goes some people's argument of Nintendo releasing the next generation console this year. I knew it would be 2012.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Another Wii epic RPG?

LegatoSkyheart

It's either an RPG from Monolith Soft or a new Adventure title from Yoshio Sakamoto (The latter is what Eurogamer and some people on Neogaf are thinking.)

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I believe that it is still possible that last story will come over here, therefor I'll have some hype for this 'Pandora Tower' game.

The kirby game looks amazing!

I dont know about everyone else, but I sense ign making an article on Kirby's history soon.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BrunoBRS

DaBrainz
"pandora" is a girl's name. the voice is clearly of a girl. and the looks are way too feminie even for JRPG standards. and we don't even know the genre of the game. plus men don't wear dresses... most don't, at least.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]

BrunoBRS

"pandora" is a girl's name. the voice is clearly of a girl. and the looks are way too feminie even for JRPG standards. and we don't even know the genre of the game. plus men don't wear dresses... most don't, at least.

Some are speculating that it is a Yoshio Sakamoto IP or a new IP from Monolith Soft.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-28-nintendo-wii-game-pandoras-tower

While the developer of the game is unknown, current speculation points towards a new adventure game by Metroid co-creator Yoshio Sakamoto.Eurogamer

Edit* Yeah I new she was a female because I can tell by what she is wearing.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

I'm surprised nobody's talking about the sequel to Rhythm Heaven for the Wii. That's the only game worth looking at if you ask me.

I mean Pandora will absolutely not come out in NA, and that's the Kirby game that started on the GC...like 8 years ago.

It looks like Nintendo is desperate to fill their 2011 release schedule so they're scraping the bottom of the barrel. I mean I don't blame them, most of their developers have shifted to the 3DS so there probably aren't many teams working on Wii games anymore and they need to put out something, but it's seriously starting to look like they're done with the Wii.

I still don't expect a new console this year. That would just compete with the 3DS and they can't have that, but God they've spread themselves thin here.

TheRealLisaAnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheRealLisaAnn
Member since 2010 • 160 Posts
does the song that is playing on the Pandora Tower homepage sound like it is from Yuki Kajiura or Yasunori Mitsuda? Those are the 2 main composers in the Xensoaga series (Monolith Soft game for PS2).
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I'm surprised nobody's talking about the sequel to Rhythm Heaven for the Wii. That's the only game worth looking at if you ask me.

I mean Pandora will absolutely not come out in NA, and that's the Kirby game that started on the GC...like 8 years ago.

It looks like Nintendo is desperate to fill their 2011 release schedule so they're scraping the bottom of the barrel. I mean I don't blame them, most of their developers have shifted to the 3DS so there probably aren't many teams working on Wii games anymore and they need to put out something, but it's seriously starting to look like they're done with the Wii.

I still don't expect a new console this year. That would just compete with the 3DS and they can't have that, but God they've spread themselves thin here.

bob_newman

I agree, though if Nintendo did ever localize some of the Wii titles, 2011 would be great. The Last Story, Xenoblade, Tales of Grace, Pandora's Tower, Kirby, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rhythm Heaven Wii then Dragon Quest X in 2012 - Would've been great.

As of now I only want Zelda and probably would get Rhythm Heaven Wii eventually (I actually JUST got the DS one now, it was $9 at BestBuy).

I've said the same thing about a Wii successor and 3DS coming out in the same year. Nintendo isn't stupid, they're not going to compete with themselves this holiday season.

I expect a new Wii probably sometime in 2012 and the 3DS to take over in 2011/2012.

FatCatPatRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FatCatPatRat
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts

i think somepeople are a little confused. Pandora's tower is for the 3DS, not the Wii.

TheRealLisaAnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheRealLisaAnn
Member since 2010 • 160 Posts
@FatCatPatRat No, P.T. is for the Wii. Here is the homepage. Notice it has wii as part of the URL, not 3ds. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/sx3j/index.html
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
And a new Rhythm Heaven game for the 3DS it seems.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts
And a new Rhythm Heaven game for the 3DS it seems.Rod90
No it's for the Wii. It was announced a while ago but it kind of went under the radar.
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts

Yes! :D I really liked Kirby's Epic Yarn, but after playing it, and thinking about how different it felt from the other games (not because of his lack of copy abilities or his ability to fly being turned into a temporary floating ability, but because it was a much slower collect-a-thon game than the typical games), so it's great to hear that we'll be able to get the typical Kirby game in addition to the Epic Yarn style platformer.

I'm surprised nobody's talking about the sequel to Rhythm Heaven for the Wii. That's the only game worth looking at if you ask me.bob_newman

I've played the demo of the first game, and it seemed like fun, though I haven't gotten the full game yet. I'm curious to see how they'll transfer the gameplay from the touch screen to the Wiimote controls.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

With that Pandora Tower Nintendo is finally bringing sexy back. I don't any care if the game sucks (which is impossible), I want this game. Nintendo bring it worldwide and kept the art for the cover.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

bob_newman

At least nintendo is using what they already have, instead of scrapping the entire project. If you already started on something, why not make something of it?

Some people were also complaining about how epic yarn was too much of a departure from the original formula, so this other kirby will make them happy. Also, it is only January, Nintendo is not going to announce every game for Wii that they have planned. 2010 was not looking so hot for the fall until E3. Who knows there could be a star fox, f-zero, or both, plus more. Nintendo already has lost in shadow out. The conduit 2 looks like it will be cool, but the game keeps getting delayed. Zelda is coming out probably in the fall, and the grinder as well. I think Nintendo will have a good year for 2011. It won't be as good as 2010, but it will still be cool.

Last year, Nintendo came out with more high profile games than the other 2 companies, cut them some slack.

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

This Kirby game should've been a downloadable WiiWare title, if it weren't for WiiWare's limitations. Or better yet, this could've been a 3DS title. I don't think this should be a retail Wii title, but it is. It might have the same low sales as Epic Yarn, but it doesn't look like this game cost much to produce...so a profit will still be made.

Wii4Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Wii4Fun
Member since 2008 • 1472 Posts

i think somepeople are a little confused. Pandora's tower is for the 3DS, not the Wii.

FatCatPatRat

No, it reportedly has Wii written by it. It's for the Wii.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts
I'm pretty sure Pandora Tower will get a release in NA... right after NoA releases Fatal Frame 4, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Another Code R, Xenoblade, and The Last Story...
Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

I'm pretty sure Pandora Tower will get a release in NA... right after NoA releases Fatal Frame 4, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Another Code R, Xenoblade, and The Last Story...TheFallenDemon

Xenoblade is listed in that report for the US...so yeah

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]I'm pretty sure Pandora Tower will get a release in NA... right after NoA releases Fatal Frame 4, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Another Code R, Xenoblade, and The Last Story...Wild_man_22

Xenoblade is listed in that report for the US...so yeah

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
pandora tower seems interesting, can't wait to hear moar about it. don't know about the kirby game, never liked kirby, the games seem too... kiddy. :/
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BrunoBRS

bob_newman
waiwaiwaiwaiwait WHAAAAAAAT?! what rhythm heaven sequel?! :shock:
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts

[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

BrunoBRS

waiwaiwaiwaiwait WHAAAAAAAT?! what rhythm heaven sequel?! :shock:

um... good morning...

kinda old news lol. LINK!

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BrunoBRS
why didn't anyone tell me :x
knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 knuckl3head
Member since 2009 • 908 Posts

Now thats more of the kirby game I was hoping for!

I'm sorry, I know alot of you enjoyed and think epic yarn was epic but all I could think while playing that game was how awesome I would have thought it was if I was still 6.