Animal Crossing : New Leaf

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

Well, A New and Improved Animal Crossing is coming out way. I have played every single Animal Crossing. I enjoyed them all. I didnt enjoy City folk too much. maybe because the transition from the portable Animal Crossing Wild World back to a console (Wii) wasnt doing me justice. Now that Its coming back out into portable (Nintendo 3DS) I am getting excited. I even took the time to go out and buy a Nintendo 3DS coming my way :). Well I cannot wait for Animal Crossing and I am hoping to meet some new buddies on it. I am loving all the new things they have added. I am excited and ready. I still have my Wild World game so i am going to re play that.

What your favorite thing that they have added to the game?

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

how should we know its not coming to america yet

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts

resevl4rlz
It is coming, it just hasn't arrived. Nonetheless OP, resevl4rlz is correct: there's been very little news released outside of Japan about what's new about the game. Nonetheless, I'm sure my favourite thing about the game will be its portability, because I do think that's what helped make Wild World so addictive.
RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RiKanKiDD

resevl4rlz
i guess you have never seen the gameplay videos? Youtube buddy....Youtube,
RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RiKanKiDD
[QUOTE="resevl4rlz"]

homegirl2180
It is coming, it just hasn't arrived. Nonetheless OP, resevl4rlz is correct: there's been very little news released outside of Japan about what's new about the game. Nonetheless, I'm sure my favourite thing about the game will be its portability, because I do think that's what helped make Wild World so addictive.

yes, Wild World was a lot more addicting then City Folk!
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

[QUOTE="resevl4rlz"]

homegirl2180

The game already released in Japan so all details about the game have been known for a couple months now. My favorite new feature is the deletion of a feature from City Folk. There will no longer be Animal Tracks that turned your town into a desert in the Wii version.

Other New Features

• 72 Fish and Bugs which is 12 more of each than past games. Also a baby whale shark can be caught.
  • More Fruit trees (lemons, bananas, mangoes, persimmons, and durians were added) + Delicious Fruit which will rake in the profit but are hard to maintain.
  • New Species of Villagers. Villagers can also shake trees, plant flowers, purchase items. 12 villagers is the max.
  • Constructing Campsites and talk to animals who are not residents and encourage them to move in.
  • A store for Gardening. A store for Shoes. A store for Recycling. Tom Nook is a real estate agent, his nephews run his old shop. The town is much larger and offers new features.
  • You get to choose where you want to set your house, no longer pre-determined.
  • Swimming is a new activity, and you can dive for sea food.
  • There are about 24 community projects that can be undertaken as the acting Mayor. These involve renovating your town, adding benches, fountains, buildings, etc.
  • Can dictate when shops open and close
  • The Island makes a return

There are a ton more new features. There are too many to list, some are rather minor some are rather major. You can find almost all the information about this game though.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

The game already released in Japan so all details about the game have been known for a couple months now. My favorite new feature is the deletion of a feature from City Folk. There will no longer be Animal Tracks that turned your town into a desert in the Wii version.

Other New Features

• 72 Fish and Bugs which is 12 more of each than past games. Also a baby whale shark can be caught.
  • More Fruit trees (lemons, bananas, mangoes, persimmons, and durians were added) + Delicious Fruit which will rake in the profit but are hard to maintain.
  • New Species of Villagers. Villagers can also shake trees, plant flowers, purchase items. 12 villagers is the max.
  • Constructing Campsites and talk to animals who are not residents and encourage them to move in.
  • A store for Gardening. A store for Shoes. A store for Recycling. Tom Nook is a real estate agent, his nephews run his old shop. The town is much larger and offers new features.
  • There are about 24 community projects that can be undertaken as the acting Mayor. These involve renovating your town, adding benches, fountains, buildings, etc.

There are a ton more new features. There are too many to list, some are rather minor some are rather major. You can find almost all the information about this game though.

Minishdriveby

They added Durians? BRB, cancelling my preorder.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Minishdriveby

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

Other New Features

metroidfood

They added Durians? BRB, cancelling my preorder.

Yep apparently

tumblr_mdcgpcFdZy1rgnnwmo1_400.jpg

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Minishdriveby
You can find all the information about this game here: http://acwiki3ds.wikispaces.com/The+Mall
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

When this game is released I do not think I will see my wife or my oldest son for a month. They LOVE Animal Crossing.

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts

[QUOTE="homegirl2180"][QUOTE="resevl4rlz"]

Minishdriveby

Other New Features

Well this is obviously not common knowledge among most 3DS users, even to someone like me who visits GoNintendo.com every day. Some of what you listed I did know about, but how would we know we like the swimming aspect if we never used it? The OP should have asked "What new feature interests you the most?", because "favorite" denotes "What you like most." We don't know what we'll like until we try it and see how it was executed. That's why I said portability, because I already have an experience with that, knowing it'll be a great thing On your list, not much is sticking out to me. I am probably most interested in seeing how well the StreetPass feature will be implemented. I know it's already out in Japan, but I'm curious to know if it'll be something I care about when it comes here and I'm playing it.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

[QUOTE="homegirl2180"] It is coming, it just hasn't arrived. Nonetheless OP, resevl4rlz is correct: there's been very little news released outside of Japan about what's new about the game. Nonetheless, I'm sure my favourite thing about the game will be its portability, because I do think that's what helped make Wild World so addictive.homegirl2180

Other New Features

Well this is obviously not common knowledge among most 3DS users, even to someone like me who visits GoNintendo.com every day. Some of what you listed I did know about, but how would we know we like the swimming aspect if we never used it? The OP should have asked "What new feature interests you the most?", because "favorite" denotes "What you like most." We don't know what we'll like until we try it and see how it was executed. That's why I said portability, because I already have an experience with that, knowing it'll be a great thing On your list, not much is sticking out to me. I am probably most interested in seeing how well the StreetPass feature will be implemented. I know it's already out in Japan, but I'm curious to know if it'll be something I care about when it comes here and I'm playing it.

In this day and age all information about a game is released on the internet once the game hits the market even if it's only the Japanese market. Wiki sites for games are the places to go. That's how everyone finds out about pokemon before it hits the US, serebii and other similar sites. If you really wanted to know about all the features anyone could have just gone to google. I agree his wording was off about favorite though.
RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RiKanKiDD

When this game is released I do not think I will see my wife or my oldest son for a month. They LOVE Animal Crossing.

Euaggelistes
A Family of Animal Crossing lovers? Thumbs up :)