An Overlooked Game That Needs To Be On The VC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts

The VC has been a great place for people to play games that they loved years ago and for people to play games they never got to experience the first time around. A perfect game for both of those groups IMO would be DEADLY TOWERS for the NES.

http://www.juegomania.org/Deadly+Towers/fotos/nes/0/205_c/Caratula+Deadly+Towers.jpghttp://speeddemosarchive.com/gfx/DeadlyTowers.png

This is a game that had the epic good verses evil feel that made so many of us love the Zelda series back iN the day, along with (during the intense parts) the adrenaline rushing feeling of "OH MAN THERE IS SO MUCH STUFF ON THE SCREEN" like in Geometry Wars.

In all fair warning this is a tough game but its a good tough like most of the great NES titles. Getting to the end of the game is a challenge but its well worth it.

Im not the only one who loves this game either... while it may not be the most talked about game on forums here, there are still pretty big fans out there. Check out this fan made video of the game.

slyux432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 slyux432
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts

The VC has been a great place for people to play games that they loved years ago and for people to play games they never got to experience the first time around. A perfect game for both of those groups IMO would be DEADLY TOWERS for the NES.

http://www.juegomania.org/Deadly+Towers/fotos/nes/0/205_c/Caratula+Deadly+Towers.jpghttp://speeddemosarchive.com/gfx/DeadlyTowers.png

This is a game that had the epic good verses evil feel that made so many of us love the Zelda series back iN the day, along with (during the intense parts) the adrenaline rushing feeling of "OH MAN THERE IS SO MUCH STUFF ON THE SCREEN" like in Geometry Wars.

In all fair warning this is a tough game but its a good tough like most of the great NES titles. Getting to the end of the game is a challenge but its well worth it.

Im not the only one who loves this game either... while it may not be the most talked about game on forums here, there are still pretty big fans out there. Check out this fan made video of the game.

ag1052
this is a Joke, right?
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
Fire N Ice Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom R.C. Pro AM I/II Bubble Bobble 2 Palamedes
nulvix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 nulvix
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I think that the original Starfox and Super Smash Bros 64 should be put on the VC. Of course, so many others should be as well. Balloon Fight should go up and so should CLu Clu Land. I wish Nintendo would also post on their website a list f possbile furture releases, or hold polls to determine which games should be next instead of just releasing all these nija and monster side scrolling fighters. Do people really play those things? They seem so basic. All you do is fight fight fight then what? When you're done the game you have nothing left to do.... Come on Ninetndo! Give us something good!
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts
Honestly, I've never heard of Deadly Towers. At a glance it reminds me of the old...uh, what're they called...um, Wizards and Warriors? It reminds me of Ironsword (the game with Fabio on the box).
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
I remember this game! It was really hard because of all the tricks walls and such in it (kind of like the 'fake walls' in Zelda in the day), the bosses were also really hard, especially the last two right before the end guy. I have completely forgot about this game because of all the other games people keep mentioning, but this is definately a download if it showed up, simply because you aren't a man without completing it at least once.
AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

My friend actually had this game on his NES and I remember taking turns playing it. That was years ago though, and I don't remember ever finishing it. I would get this game for sure if it came out on the virtual console. That would be so sweet to relive that adventure and actually beat the game.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

What? I thought nobody knew about this game.

I used to play this with my brother back in the day, it's definitely a hidden gem.

Anyone who hasn't played it, I pity you. But you still have a chance to redeem yourself...well, if it ever gets on the Virtual Console.

We should start a petition or something. Deadly Towers needs to be on the VC for sure. Someone should make a petition, or a banner...anything to get this game some hype.

I'll put this bluntly:

You can't call yourself a hardcore gamer if you've never played it.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bob_newman

So, I started looking for some information about the game, and I've been reading that people say the game is too hard. Those people suck at life. It's only too hard if you're a failure at video games.

Seriously, if you consider yourself hardcore, you need to start hyping this game.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Body Harvest for N64.

EDIT: And Stunt Race FX for the SNES. And then there's the ones that aren't overlooked or obscure that need to be put up regardless. The Dragon Warrior and Mega Man series and River City Ransom for NES, Earthbound for SNES, Majora's Mask for N64, etc.

EDIT: Baseball Stars for NES... or at least Baseball Stars 2 for NES. That Neo Geo one doesn't cut it for me.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36371 Posts
Totally forgot about DT, i remember playing it when i was really young with my brother, good times indeed.
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts
I watched the vid. I'd pay 5 bucks for it
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bob_newman

I watched the vid. I'd pay 5 bucks for itsnowman6251

5 bucks would be a steal, in my opinion. But that's how the VC works, right?

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
damn I completely forgot about this game. It was one of the few games I ever had on my NES, and a great one at that. Definately worth playing if it ever comes out.
Jazunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jazunn
Member since 2007 • 666 Posts
Wow! I had totally forgotten about this game.
thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts

Body Harvest for N64.

Generic_Dude

Yes. Please.

slrprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slrprime
Member since 2008 • 131 Posts
turtles in time should have been the first game on vc
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
Man... my cousin had that game. I didn't play it a lot through cuz it was too challenging for me at the time (NES games are so freakin' hard lol). But I most of the time watched my cousin play and it looked really cool. Soooo yeah... I'm gonna check out the game when it comes out on VC... if I ever get Wii points by then... >.> lol
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 m_machine024
I watched the vid. I'd pay 5 bucks for itsnowman6251
NES games are usually 500 points so... yeah.
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

So, I started looking for some information about the game, and I've been reading that people say the game is too hard. Those people suck at life. It's only too hard if you're a failure at video games.

Seriously, if you consider yourself hardcore, you need to start hyping this game.

paul_newman

Failure a video games... That's a little harsh. You've got to admit that the game was pretty hard when it was your first time playing it, or if you were new to games in general (me at the time).

Even though, the game was not frustratingly hard, it was more at the difficulty that when you got over that one segment, or beat that one room, you felt like you really accomplished something.

Wow, it's been so many years since I've played this game that, yeah, I'd easily pay 5 bucks for this game. Maybe I'll finally be able to beat it this time...

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 m_machine024
[QUOTE="paul_newman"]

Niff_T

Failure a video games... That's a little harsh. You've got to admit that the game was pretty hard when it was your first time playing it, or if you were new to games in general (me at the time).

Even though, the game was not frustratingly hard, it was more at the difficulty that when you got over that one segment, or beat that one room, you felt like you really accomplished something.

Wow, it's been so many years since I've played this game that, yeah, I'd easily pay 5 bucks for this game. Maybe I'll finally be able to beat it this time...

lol at paul_newman.:P
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bob_newman
[QUOTE="Niff_T"][QUOTE="paul_newman"]

m_machine024

lol at paul_newman.:P

Lol at you noticing that he said paul_newman.

And I don't mean that they are failures at video games, I mean that if they don't give the game enough of a chance (like most people didn't) then they are failures.

And you're completely right about the accomplishment feeling you get. This game is such a great experience, and a great test of how hardcore you are.

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
This thread=joke topic
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bob_newman

This thread=joke topic GamerJM

Uh...have you beaten the game? Have you even played past the first level?

If you actually played the game, you would know it's one of the most underrated and underappreciated games of all time.

No jokes here man.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36371 Posts
This thread=joke topic GamerJM

What makes you say that? Its actually a really good game, you just need to take your time with it.
G00nd0cks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 G00nd0cks
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts
OOH! I remember Deadly Towers...good stuff. Now most people like to list a lot of Nintendo first-party stuff that they want on VC. Which is strange, cuz almost every popular N game will show up eventually. But there are a few titles that MUST be put on Virtual Console if there is any hope for mankind. First being CLASH AT DEMONHEAD. (For NES). Its possible that no one will ever play this one again unless its made downloadable. Go check it out on youtube. Another real rare title is SUB-TERRANIA for Genesis. It's hard one to describe, so you may want to look that one up too.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 m_machine024

Lol at you noticing that he said paul_newman.bob_newman

lol:P I'm weird like that. Noticing little details like this.

Btw I would like to add that that Power Ranger game on SNES is also overlooked. Short, but still worth a check.

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts
Man I am glad that Im not the only one that feels this way about the game... Bob I really like your petition or banner idea... If anyone knows anything about banner making you should send me a PM.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bob_newman

Man I am glad that Im not the only one that feels this way about the game... Bob I really like your petition or banner idea... If anyone knows anything about banner making you should send me a PM.ag1052

Yeah, somebody get on that. Stat!

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

Wow, i havent heard of this game in a looong time. i never had an NES but whenever i passed by my cousin's house (who happened to have said NES) we would always play this game and try to beat it within the time we spent together. this game was hard, but not impossibly so. it was challenging and whenever you progressed in the game it gave such a huge sense of satisfaction! it was so much fun! to me this is one of the unsung heroes of NES gaming. In a way, this is like the Earthbound of the NES era, not including Mother 1 of course lol. if this game comes out on VC, its a day 1 buy for me! i hope more people like it so a sequel can finally be made! this is, in true definition, a hardcore game.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 26552 Posts
Faxanadu. Anyone here played it?
GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerJM"]This thread=joke topic bob_newman

If you actually played the game, you would know it's one of the most underrated and underappreciated games of all time.

No jokes here man.

GameInformer gave it a 1 in one of their retro reviews I believe.

iamtirrrred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 iamtirrrred
Member since 2003 • 293 Posts
Joe and Mac needs to come back on VC
G00nd0cks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 G00nd0cks
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts
FAXANDU!! (sp?) Another 8bit classic. I would pat 500 pts no question. I remember it was short but sweet. Are there sny BATTLE OF OLYMPUS or ATHENA fans here?
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bob_newman
[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

[QUOTE="GamerJM"]This thread=joke topic GamerJM

No jokes here man.

So?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I, the original NES version, got bad reviews as well (including a 2.7 from Gamespot), but most reviewers just said that the game was frustarating. But if you ask a true hardcore fan, they'll tell you that it's an underrated game.

I mean, look at how many people, just in this thread, who remember Deadly Towers and loved it.

People simply didn't give it enough of a chance, that's all it's about.

I rarely trust game sites when it comes to NES games anyway. They usually just give the most remembered games good reviews.

Gamespot gave Kid Icarus a 5.1, but anybody can tell you that it's an amazing game. They even gave Mario Bros the Lost Levels a 6.5, just because it's too hard. Is that a fair way to judge a game?

Trust me, if you played the game, and you consider yourself a hardcore gamer, you'd love it. It's a real test of your skills.

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerJM"][QUOTE="bob_newman"]

[QUOTE="GamerJM"]This thread=joke topic bob_newman

No jokes here man.

So?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I, the original NES version, got bad reviews as well (including a 2.7 from Gamespot), but most reviewers just said that the game was frustarating. But if you ask a true hardcore fan, they'll tell you that it's an underrated game.

I mean, look at how many people, just in this thread, who remember Deadly Towers and loved it.

People simply didn't give it enough of a chance, that's all it's about.

I rarely trust game sites when it comes to NES games anyway. They usually just give the most remembered games good reviews.

Gamespot gave Kid Icarus a 5.1, but anybody can tell you that it's an amazing game. They even gave Mario Bros the Lost Levels a 6.5, just because it's too hard. Is that a fair way to judge a game?

Trust me, if you played the game, and you consider yourself a hardcore gamer, you'd love it. It's a real test of your skills.

amen brother.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#37 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
Faxanadu. Anyone here played it?Litchie
I still own it! That's another game that was fun to play. You slowly buff up your guy as you travel up 'the tree'. I thought the ending was kind of lame though...
lotrlax08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lotrlax08
Member since 2003 • 983 Posts
ogre battle 64 needs to be on th vc
m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
That boxart looks a lot like the original Castlevania's. IDK if anyone else said this already because I didn't read any posts except the TC's.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#40 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20783 Posts
top gear series should go vc this in cludes top gear 1 2 3000 rally and rally 2 as well as goldeneye 007 and ssb and zelda mm dk 64 diddy kong racing ,and rock n roll racing
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I faintly remember playing this game growing up. I would always walk to my buddy's place to play it (because I didn't own it) and we got stumped quite a few times playing through it. We eventually got to the end of it and celebrated the feat we accomplished by playing through it again knowing what to do the second time around. :P Although it looks dated I would definitely pick it up for five bucks... It'd definitely rekindle the memories I had playing it many years ago.
vivi2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 vivi2000
Member since 2004 • 212 Posts

FAXANDU!! (sp?) Another 8bit classic. I would pat 500 pts no question. I remember it was short but sweet. Are there sny BATTLE OF OLYMPUS or ATHENA fans here? G00nd0cks

I love Faxanadu, and I think Battle of Olympus is simply the best game on NES. For those who don't know it, it's like the second zelda but in the mythological Greece. Men, fighting against Hydra, Cerberus, Cyclops, the sirens,... That game is just the best. I thought I was the only one to know the game.

Avatar image for DaLegendKilla92
DaLegendKilla92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DaLegendKilla92
Member since 2007 • 919 Posts
Wow, this game brings me back. After my brothers beat TMNT, eventually we found another challenge in Deadly Towers. The gameplay would probably hold up today. We spent hours a day playing that, very challenging too.us I would definitely drop 500 Wii points on it ASAP. Just to get the nostalgic feeling from an awesome game.