An Idea For Mario Kart U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Bring back the Double Dash concept of having two racers for each kart. Player 1 uses the Wii Mote and Nunchuck for steering the kart, acceleration, braking, powersliding, etc. Player 2 uses the Gamepad which would run whatever program Panorama View is running so that he would have a 360 degree view of the course and he would control the weapons. How freaking awesome would it be to literally be able to look behind you or to the side of yourself while Player 1 is racing and be able to interact with other characters?

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

yes that idea was already brought up before. It seems perfect but if they go that way they have to fully develop the passenger game. If they did that it would radically change the entire experience and they would have to come up with new AI and everything. I like it.

edit: now that i think of it I don't know if the panorama view idea was part of the idea, just the Double Dash second racer controlling the items and helping out part. That would definitely be cool and would look funny from an outsider's perspective looking at people playing it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

sounds awesome but i think its will be too complicated... they should just keep it simple and use the wiiu screen as the map with all the racers or maybe use the it in a panaromic way to see the racres behind you...(like a rearview)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#4 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

sounds awesome but i think its will be too complicated... they should just keep it simple and use the wiiu screen as the map with all the racers or maybe use the it in a panaromic way to see the racres behind you...(like a rearview)

KBFloYd
I agree 100%
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

But being the passneger in DD was so freaking boring.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

While I myself never liked DD as much as the others, it is a very fun party game. It needs 4 players though. But honestly it could be a good idea to go back to this co-op driving, since consoles are better suited for that than handhelds, and I just don't know how much better the traditional mario kart can get over MK7 :P. Love that game (though it could use some SP challaneges and like most mario karts, more battlemode features).

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

goblaa

It depends my cousin he wasn't as good as driving in Double Dash as I was so he would choose to be the passenger and he liked it. I always drove since he said I was the better driver.

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GunSmith1_basic

goblaa
true, but with the wiiu setup that tc described, it could be expanded into something much better. I don't see it as too complicated either.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I actually enjoyed the co-op in DD, and would love to see some improvements for it.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NaveedLife

I actually enjoyed the co-op in DD, and would love to see some improvements for it.meetroid8

WiiU would be the perfect system for it. I like that the gamepad is already being used in some interesting (maybe not mind blowing, but still) and helpful ways, as to where the Wii's at launch (and most of its life aside from some games that used it really well) the motion controls were moreso used for gimmicks.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
An interesting idea, but I wonder how the AI would hold up on something like that, I think they would have to do some ridiculous rubberbanding to keep track with the player.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Mario Kart WiiU

What wii want:

Dynamic co-op with panoramic views on the controller to throw projectiles at other drives while one is steering the kart through crazy tracks and course

What well get:

Map display, review mirror...touch screen for menus

Avatar image for GamespotSux_IKR
GamespotSux_IKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GamespotSux_IKR
Member since 2012 • 66 Posts

Heeey. I really like the double dash idea! When the player using the Gamepad gets a blue shell, a veiw of the whole map comes up showing all the other racers... then you have to decide where the Blue shells hits. Tiny nuclear explosion here. Boom

I'm certain Mario Kart U will be amazing

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GunSmith1_basic

Mario Kart WiiU

What wii want:

Dynamic co-op with panoramic views on the controller to throw projectiles at other drives while one is steering the kart through crazy tracks and course

What well get:

VendettaRed07
... also recycled tracks
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

Mario Kart WiiU

What wii want:

What well get:

GunSmith1_basic

... also recycled tracks

and 16 new tracks. They have been doing a fantastic job with the tracks and the racing in MKDS and MK7. I just want to see them spend more time on battlemode, cause racing is nearly perfected in MK7.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

imo, Mario Kart U should go back to it's roots.

Meaning there would be more emphasis on sliding, no over-powered power-ups, less but more diverse tracks, better balance, ect.

Basically what SMK and MK64 did, but for the modern times.

The Wii version is filled with stuff but feels kinda unbalanced and doesn't reward the pros well enough (more emphasis on luck than actual skills).

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Wiiu gamepad screen could be a rear view mirror and allow one to have more control over rear shots.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

Yes! Exactly what I was thinking before I clicked the thread. Make it like Double Dash, the best Mario Kart made. It's not only fun for co-op play, I also loved having 2 items at a time that you could switch between, when you were playing alone. It made Mario Kart much more strategic and more fun. And all characters had their special item. So awesome.