TheLopman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By TheLopman
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hey! Look! The Wave 4 amiibos are available f- Well, they're gone.

Amiibos, lately, have been all scalpers, hardcore collectors, and gamers have been buying- and they've been buying them fast. It's been months since the first wave of amiibos have been released, so this should come as no surprise. But it's been getting ridiculous- only 3 days ago, so many people were preordering Ness amiibos so fast that the the Gamestop website crashed. The Wave 4 amiibos sold out in minutes- and I didn't even know they were available, because I was in a car, on a 6 hour drive when they became available.

I will probably never get a chance to get the Ness amiibo I was hoping for now. Even the people who were on the website hours before the figurines were released for preorder, or even the people waiting in line before stores opened will probably never get their hands on the amiibo they wanted. As most of the characters in Wave 4 were relatively obscure, they probably aren't going to be restocked more than once. Nintendo did say they wouldn't keep making obscure characters available. So basically, that means that if you were really hoping to get a Lucina figure, you can throw your hopes down a well, drop a bomb in that well, and then throw a Molotov cocktail into the well.

What really angers me is the scalpers. They buy up all the amiibo they can afford, and them sell them on eBay for ludicrous prices. (You can find Villager amiibos for $100 on sites such as eBay, compared to it's original price of about $13.) I really wanted a Rosalina amiibo, but those sold out in under 35 minutes, and I seriously do not want to pay 65 bucks for a plastic figurine. Every time a new wave of amiibos are released, the scalpers come and buy up all of them, leaving none for anyone else.

And then, there's Nintendo's false advertising. Nintendo has shown GameCude adapters, Marth amiibos, and the Toad amiibo in various amiibo commercials. That confuses me, because right now you couldn't find a normally priced Marth amiibo if you scourged all the sites on the Internet.

What really scares me now is how the Yarn Yoshi amiibo thing is gonna go...

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

They're just toys bro.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_: I came here to say that. Good show.

TrevorZyla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TrevorZyla
Member since 2015 • 76 Posts

I know some people that try and buy three of each Amiibo for some ungodly reason, just be smart and not get into the beanie baby craze.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Pokemon cards are unfair, why they make it so hard to get the rare ones :(

I feel your pain though, i was third person in line and had to wait 2 hours to get my set. Its the hottest toy on the market right now. Also, its not just scalpers, i try to get doubles, even triples so i can trade for ones i missed out on. The best and easiest way for you to get Ness, is to get an Amiibo to trade for him or you can buy the UK or Japan version for much cheaper, just wont be worth as much, but if your going to open Ness, then it wont matter cause their exactly the same once open.

Also dont forget that when they are released 5/29 Target and Toyrus will have a certain amount of exclusives at the stores. Gamestop will probably not though. But just to warn you it will still be super hard to get. Hot toys are usually never easy to get, its life mate. Just wait for Nintendo to make variants of your favorite Amiibo's.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Amiibo is love. Amiibo is life.

But **** that exclusive retailer shit for real though.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Just because you missed out on the wave four pre orders doesn't mean you'll never be able to buy them. I own all of waves 1-3 and I didn't get any wave 4 pre orders either, but I'm not worried at all because I know I'll see them in local stores in the future.

Don't worry about it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

Pokemon cards are unfair, why they make it so hard to get the rare ones :(

Literally the most stupid response to anything Amiibo related

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iandizion713

@Jaysonguy:

It was a joke mate. Dont be so butthurt.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Scalpers exist because they prey on the absurd desire of owning the item no matter what. Do not feed them.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Wait a bit longer and maybe the value would drop.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Nintendo's handling of the Splatoon Amiibo in the UK is appalling. If you want all three, you'd have to buy the game three times. The special edition to get the Squid, and two separate standard copies to get the two Inklings, they don't appear to be offering the three pack, or the Inklings separate to the game. Glad I decided to only get ones for characters I really like, and not go for all of them.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iandizion713

@spike6958: Wow, are you for real? We get 3 pack and the 2 singles in NA release.

Splatoon amiibo Pack (S)

Splatoon amiibo Pack (S) includes Splatoon on Wii U, Inkling Squid amiibo, Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy and a Splatoon T-Shirt

Splatter enemies and claim your turf as the ink-spewing, squid-like characters called Inklings in Nintendo's new third-person action shooter game exclusively on Wii U.

Release Date: 29 May 2015

Free Delivery

£61.99

Sold Out

I would love to get that pack, i want the T-Shirt.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By spike6958

@iandizion713 said:

@spike6958: Wow, are you for real? We get 3 pack and the 2 singles in NA release.

Splatoon amiibo Pack (S)

Splatoon amiibo Pack (S) includes Splatoon on Wii U, Inkling Squid amiibo, Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy and a Splatoon T-Shirt

Splatter enemies and claim your turf as the ink-spewing, squid-like characters called Inklings in Nintendo's new third-person action shooter game exclusively on Wii U.

Release Date: 29 May 2015

Free Delivery

£61.99

Sold Out

I would love to get that pack, i want the T-Shirt.

Yeah, that didn't show up for me the first time because I clicked on the Splatoon link on the front page instead of searching directly for Splatoon. Still would have been nice to offer the Inklings separately from the game as well. So at this point, you still have to do what I said in my last post.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iandizion713

@spike6958: I guess would be best to buy the 3 pack from NA. Its weird UK didnt get the 3 pack seperate. I love the bundle, but that doesnt really help those who just want the Amiibos. Also dont help that its sold out.

I wonder if they did it to keep people from Importing the rare Amiibos. Like to help fight against scalpers. Nvm, scalpers would just buy the bundle and sell at high price. Darn its hard to stop scalpers.

Avatar image for bundleofnumbers
bundleofnumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 bundleofnumbers
Member since 2015 • 103 Posts

Nintendo doesnt understand supply and demand... Amiibos...Gamecube Adapters... limited edition 3ds'....

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iandizion713

@bundleofnumbers: Shoot, when you only sell so many copies of games that use them, you dont really expect that many to go crazy for it. i NEVER predicted those would sell out like that and that fast. I understand the special consoles, they always go kinda quick, but never this bad. Something weird is going on.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 iandizion713

@spike6958: Play Asia is cool, they have a White Pro Controller brand new for $39.99. I want that beast, i got my eye on it. But yeah, they do have a tad higher price on things, not to bad though.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By spike6958

GAME in the UK finally has Splatoon for pre-order with all three Amiibo. Actually not a terrible price either at £59.99, as the game on it's own is £40 and Amiibo are £15 each, so saving £10 buying the bundle.

Yoshi's Woolly World seems to be getting the same treatment with it's Yoshi Amiibo, but the price isn't up yet, so can't actually pre-order them.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

They're just toys bro.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

Toys, worthless toys.

I've lived through most big video game "fads" since early 1980 and amiibos is the biggest one to date that puzzles me the most.

I just don't get it.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Of course thats who buys them, all thats left out is the casuals who don't goo hardcore Amiibo hunter mode lol. It sucks with the scalpers, but you can't be against the hardcore amiibo hunters (collectors) and gamers.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@kaealy said:

Toys, worthless toys.

I've lived through most big video game "fads" since early 1980 and amiibos is the biggest one to date that puzzles me the most.

I just don't get it.

If you don't get it, your not meant to, your brain chemistry simply can't process it. You either have "it" or you don't.

Avatar image for kingofallnumber
KingofallNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KingofallNumber
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Supply and demand is hard for Nintendo, they are special sometimes :P

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#26 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Seems fitting.

Loading Video...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44637 Posts

yeah, sucks, I'm either going to find them in the store or I'm not going to bother, if I ever find Little Mac or (at some point) Zero Suit Samus, I won't hesitate to get them, but if I never see them, like hell I'm going online and paying some scalper

Nintendo does this shit on purpose to make people crazy for them, frankly I'm not playing that game

NoZakuBoy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NoZakuBoy09
Member since 2015 • 141 Posts

At the end of the day no one's making you buy them... and you probably don't "need" them either.

I understand different people give more value to them, but still they're just freaking figures for the most part.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I just got my hands on an Ike and King Dedede Amiibo. Are those rare at all and will they be released again? Are they considered some of the obscure ones?

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

Seems fitting.

Loading Video...

Well said francis. Nintendo are fucking dbags, and the amiibo crapware are case in point. Don't buy this crap and IT WILL GO AWAY!

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

They're just toys bro.

This ;) It will all be alright

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#33 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts

Excellent concept; overpriced due to lack of supply. If they can stop being more elusive than gold nuggets, woohoo.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17680 Posts

I'll bother with buying up Amiibos to a point, and I did when they first released. If I can walk into a store and pick up new ones at a reasonable pace (even a few weeks for the really rare ones), it's alright. But when Nintendo makes it so they can't supply demand past selling out in 1 minute that takes months to replenish, sorry, guys, you've lost my money. I have better shit to do than chase Nintendo's incompetence (or willful restriction of supply that's past the point of ridiculous) around.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#35 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

I have like one Amiibo and not the one I would love and seriously I think they are a waste of money just like Disney Infinity and Skylanders are ... They are physical plastic DLC.

I would have love to have Mega Man and not even to play with it, just because it is Mega Man and I'm a huge fan.