Amazing DS JPRG, Final Fantasy 4 coming to US in July.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Philosoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 Philosoma
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts

The site doesn't have much at the moment - just beautiful CGI art and Theme of Love music.

http://na.square-enix.com/ff4

DS is having a really good year and hopefully Final Fantasy 4 does well enough for SE to give the greenlight for a Final Fantasy 6 DS remake as well.

CorruptGamerGX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 CorruptGamerGX
Member since 2006 • 1023 Posts
What ever happened to FFV? I'm guessing it's not worthy enough for a remake. I'm more excited for Dragon Quest IV since this game was already re-re-released for GBA.
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts
FFIV will be the first DS game I'll be getting on opening day.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Good to see.
Tokyo512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tokyo512
Member since 2007 • 1207 Posts
What ever happened to FFV? I'm guessing it's not worthy enough for a remake. I'm more excited for Dragon Quest IV since this game was already re-re-released for GBA.CorruptGamerGX

Umm... that doesn't make much sense.
What do you mean what ever happened? SE is slowly RMking the FF series on the DS. First 3, now 4. It's nearly inevitable for 5 and 6 to come out on the hand-helds since milking things is what square does.
WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

[QUOTE="CorruptGamerGX"]What ever happened to FFV? I'm guessing it's not worthy enough for a remake. I'm more excited for Dragon Quest IV since this game was already re-re-released for GBA.Tokyo512

Umm... that doesn't make much sense.
What do you mean what ever happened? SE is slowly RMking the FF series on the DS. First 3, now 4. It's nearly inevitable for 5 and 6 to come out on the hand-helds since milking things is what square does.

True, they may be milking them, but do you really except them to take all the time and effort to provide a brand new FF for the DS? We've seen it done in CC's case (which was pretty poor anyway, in my opinion) and Crisis Core was for a handheld, but other than that I think gamers are getting a good deal as it is.

IV looks pretty awesome, opening price is a lil too pricy for me though.

CorruptGamerGX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 CorruptGamerGX
Member since 2006 • 1023 Posts

Tokyo512

Why don't you try reading the TC's post again. He/she said if this games sell enough copies, it'll encourage SE to remake FF6. No mention of V anywhere.

_em_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 _em_
Member since 2007 • 102 Posts
It looks nice, but I do hope it ends up better than FFIII.
1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts

Can't wait.

eric252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 eric252
Member since 2008 • 594 Posts
If it is like FFIII with a better system, I'm in for sure.
battalon127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 battalon127
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
By better system do you mean battle system? FFIV uses the classic ATB battle system, which is generally considered an improvement to the even more classic turn-based system that III uses. Also, it doesn't have the frustrating-as-hell lack of save points in dungeons.
myols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 myols
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts

Check the GBA library, they had a few Final Fantasy remakes/ports.

I never played any of the earlier Final Fantasies, so it's nice to go back and play them. I rented I&II for the GBA, own V & VI for the GBA, and recently got III on the DS. Looking forward to playing IV.

weltall1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 weltall1028
Member since 2007 • 4775 Posts

I read the huge FFIV story in Nintendo Power, and it's sounding like it's gonna be the best Final Fantasy remake ever. Edward's not going to be useless anymore, and they are actually increasing the difficulty of the game.

I hope Square Enix remakes V and VI as well.

eric252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 eric252
Member since 2008 • 594 Posts

By better system do you mean battle system? FFIV uses the classic ATB battle system, which is generally considered an improvement to the even more classic turn-based system that III uses. Also, it doesn't have the frustrating-as-hell lack of save points in dungeons. battalon127

Haha. I just read my post and you were right, my post was extremely unclear. I meant better save system.

Tokyo512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tokyo512
Member since 2007 • 1207 Posts

[QUOTE="battalon127"]By better system do you mean battle system? FFIV uses the classic ATB battle system, which is generally considered an improvement to the even more classic turn-based system that III uses. Also, it doesn't have the frustrating-as-hell lack of save points in dungeons. eric252

Haha. I just read my post and you were right, my post was extremely unclear. I meant better save system.

There better be a better saving system. I never beat FF3 because of having to go through like the longest dungeon and then fighting like the hardest bosses and then dying and having to start from square one....
Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

I'm very excited for this game. Can't wait!

joestierman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 joestierman
Member since 2005 • 1320 Posts
Nice.... I just wonder if I can beat FFIII by then. I've been playing it very sporadically.