Advance Wars: Dual Strike.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FlippyBP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 FlippyBP
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I know it's been out for awhile, but I was wondering, is it any good? Most people say it is, but I'm not sure if it's really worth the money (Yes, $25). Most people look at me weird when I say that I don't own it..... Wel heres a couple of questions I have been wondering. How many hours of gameplay does it offer, is it like the first one, and is it too easy?
Squeegeeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Squeegeeking
Member since 2006 • 123 Posts
The Battles near the end of the story are rly hard well they r for me anyway =( and ive played it for over 100hrs and still havent finsihed the story....... or maybe i just suck =(
podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts

well, good luck finding it. if you find it used at a game store you must buy it. I have the Advance Wars for GBA, and it's the best game I've ever played on a handheld.

if you buy the game online brand new it will cost $80-$90 :o

Younggun135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Younggun135
Member since 2006 • 1853 Posts
If i could go back in time, i would get 50 brand new advance wars DS and wait till now.
Avatar image for PlayPlayStation
PlayPlayStation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 PlayPlayStation
Member since 2004 • 5205 Posts
Long game. One of the best games on the DS period.
thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts
So many peole say they love the game and you still ask if you should buy it? Go out and get it right now.
Avatar image for InfinitySamurai
InfinitySamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 InfinitySamurai
Member since 2003 • 1441 Posts
AW has a very lengthy campaign, a "war room" which is a collection of dozens of extra levels, plus a ton of other unlockables. It's not that much different from the last two installments and it can be quite challenging in difficulty.
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#8 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
AW: DS Review. BTW it's a must have game on DS.
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
you may be able to find it at a smaller, lesser known game store or pawn shop for pretty cheap, i got it for 20 bucks and it's really worth it. great game.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

As odd as this sounds, it's one of my favorite games on consoles or handhelds. I'd rate it in the top 10 and maybe even top 5 of my 360, xbox, PS2, Gamecube, GBA, DS, Saturn, PS1 and Dreamcast.

For my taste it's almost the perfect game. Pick it up if you see it, no questions asked.

Ozzie234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ozzie234
Member since 2005 • 1418 Posts

As odd as this sounds, it's one of my favorite games on consoles or handhelds. I'd rate it in the top 10 and maybe even top 5 of my 360, xbox, PS2, Gamecube, GBA, DS, Saturn, PS1 and Dreamcast.

For my taste it's almost the perfect game. Pick it up if you see it, no questions asked.

rgsniper1
I agree, one of the best games EVER made. Much like the original 1&2 on the GBA. The PO is incredible good, it's amazing how they could throw in such good AI on small CPU-weak consoles like the DS and GBA. THE must buy if there ever was one!
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts
If you have any interest in a strategy game, yeah.
Phantom_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Phantom_J
Member since 2006 • 1181 Posts
I'm still cryin about losing it, does that answer your question? I love the game so much..
jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts
I'm thinking of getting it too.... if i can find it.
SAmariochamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 SAmariochamp
Member since 2006 • 1887 Posts
Its amazing. my friends and I have spent over 250 hours playing it. That includes alot of multiplayer and alot! of map making and testing. as well as getting all 300 medals has anyone else achieved this?? And yeah also getting S on pretty much everything. Get it if you can find it. so worth it
mtb727

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mtb727
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts
i loved all the advance wars games. and this on especially. I played through the main story 4 times and never got bored. plus theres new modes. i played over 100 hours on this game
Avatar image for nishamuffypuppy
nishamuffypuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 nishamuffypuppy
Member since 2004 • 5731 Posts
You should definitely get it for 25.00, that's hardly expensive. The Single Player will last you at least ... 20 Hours, but since you sound like a veteran maybe less. The difficulty is great and the War Room, Combat, Versus, and the Map Editor all make it even more worthy. Trust me, it's worth the purchase!
Avatar image for nishamuffypuppy
nishamuffypuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 nishamuffypuppy
Member since 2004 • 5731 Posts

Its amazing. my friends and I have spent over 250 hours playing it. That includes alot of multiplayer and alot! of map making and testing. as well as getting all 300 medals has anyone else achieved this?? And yeah also getting S on pretty much everything. Get it if you can find it. so worth itSAmariochamp

You amaze me. :)

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#19 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
the games is terrible. you cam just build a bunch of mega tanks (best unit in the game) and you will be unstopable. you can do far better with your money. it can however offer a lot of gamplay. too bad most of it sucks.
podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts

the games is terrible. you cam just build a bunch of mega tanks (best unit in the game) and you will be unstopable. you can do far better with your money. it can however offer a lot of gamplay. too bad most of it sucks.monkeytoes61

:?

ok I completely disagree...

Drew_Atreides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Drew_Atreides
Member since 2003 • 1282 Posts

Not only is it the best game on the DS, but it's one of the best games i've ever played, period. Ever.

It is, in my opinion, one of those games that would actually justify a SYSTEM purchase.

Normal campaign will probably run you 20 hours, then you unlock a hard campaign, and a slew of other content for you to try obtain.

So so worth your money.

BlueFrawg22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 BlueFrawg22
Member since 2006 • 658 Posts
I found this game at a flea market for 10 dollars, I bought it and HATED IT, it was fun at first but the later levels were a b*tch, I only got to like level 11 of the main story, I really sucked at it, in the end I traded it for Nintendogs.
MorkkiTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 6

#23 MorkkiTH
Member since 2005 • 828 Posts
Advanced Wars: Dual Strike is great game and it offers lots of playing time.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
It's my second facourite game after MK DS, I have 2-3 missions to go in campaign mode and I'm about 20 hours in, so expect another 5 or so at least. It has a ton of other modes as well, even a map editor. However, if youre not very bright you might have some trouble with it and end up not liking it due to it's difficulty.
dem0truk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dem0truk
Member since 2003 • 243 Posts
the games is terrible. you cam just build a bunch of mega tanks (best unit in the game) and you will be unstopable. you can do far better with your money. it can however offer a lot of gamplay. too bad most of it sucks.monkeytoes61
What are you talking about? Mega tanks are expensive, slow, and carry very little fuel. Rushing for them will have you swarmed, and if you intend to use them on the offensive they'll take ages to get to the action. What a dumb criticism.
Jedi_of_Hyrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 Jedi_of_Hyrule
Member since 2007 • 881 Posts
there are many hours and at first it's easy but it gets really freakin hard. i personally didnt like the game but you might.
edd678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 edd678
Member since 2006 • 3660 Posts

And whilst your just sitting there wating for the money to buy mega tanks get completely owned, yea whata plan :roll:

Advance wars dual steike is a must have game for the ds!

Ozzie234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ozzie234
Member since 2005 • 1418 Posts

Not only is it the best game on the DS, but it's one of the best games i've ever played, period. Ever.

It is, in my opinion, one of those games that would actually justify a SYSTEM purchase.

Normal campaign will probably run you 20 hours, then you unlock a hard campaign, and a slew of other content for you to try obtain.

So so worth your money.

Drew_Atreides
It WAS the reason for a system purchase for me. :)