This topic is locked from further discussion.

joshuarocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 joshuarocker
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts

Has anyone heard any news on a new advance wars game for the wii (or DS)?

I really got into the DS version and was hoping they would release a new version for the Wii. I haven't been able to find anything out though.

Thanks for your replies.

Avatar image for InfinitySamurai
InfinitySamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 InfinitySamurai
Member since 2003 • 1441 Posts
No word on any sequel at all, though Battalion Wars 2 for the Wii should satisfy your strategy fix.
Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts

No word on any sequel at all, though Battalion Wars 2 for the Wii should satisfy your strategy fix.InfinitySamurai

No, just get Battalion wars 2or the new Fire emblem game for the Wii or Heroes of Mana for the DS. Sorted.

joshuarocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 joshuarocker

I never played Battalion wars 1 on the gamecube. I see its 10 bucks from gamestop, is it worth picking up for that price?

Thanks

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

I never played Battalion wars 1 on the gamecube. I see its 10 bucks from gamestop, is it worth picking up for that price?

Thanks

joshuarocker
Yeah it's got no multiplayer but it's a good game. Battalion Wars 2 will be 100x better though. Advance Wars is one of my favorite franchises, I hope it gets on Wii.
joshuarocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 joshuarocker

Yeah it's got no multiplayer but it's a good game. Battalion Wars 2 will be 100x better though. Advance Wars is one of my favorite franchises, I hope it gets on Wii.

Yeah, I read it had no multiplayer, I probably wouldn't play with anyone anyway. I'll probably drop into a store later this week and see if they have a copies in stock.

CreepyNerd90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 CreepyNerd90
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts
Battalion Wars is more like a console version of Advance Wars..they're in the same series of games and you can easily notice some similarities (though I've not actually played it, it looks pretty sweet). Battalion Wars is, though, more real time, than turn based...unless I'm mistaken. Like I said, i've note actually played it, just watched some videos and looked at soem images
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

Battalion Wars is more like a console version of Advance Wars..they're in the same series of games and you can easily notice some similarities (though I've not actually played it, it looks pretty sweet). Battalion Wars is, though, more real time, than turn based...unless I'm mistaken. Like I said, i've note actually played it, just watched some videos and looked at soem imagesCreepyNerd90

No, that's not really true at all... The biggest simularitybetween AW and BW is the art style, the gameplay isn't even close.

joshuarocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 joshuarocker

[QUOTE="CreepyNerd90"]Battalion Wars is more like a console version of Advance Wars..they're in the same series of games and you can easily notice some similarities (though I've not actually played it, it looks pretty sweet). Battalion Wars is, though, more real time, than turn based...unless I'm mistaken. Like I said, i've note actually played it, just watched some videos and looked at soem imagesthe_leet_kid

No, that's not really true at all... The biggest simularitybetween AW and BW is the art style, the gameplay isn't even close.

Is it more of an action game? because I really don't want a 3rd person shooter or anything along those lines. I was looking for something that was a lot more stategy based.

Thanks.

the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts
[QUOTE="the_leet_kid"]

[QUOTE="CreepyNerd90"]Battalion Wars is more like a console version of Advance Wars..they're in the same series of games and you can easily notice some similarities (though I've not actually played it, it looks pretty sweet). Battalion Wars is, though, more real time, than turn based...unless I'm mistaken. Like I said, i've note actually played it, just watched some videos and looked at soem imagesjoshuarocker

Is it more of an action game? because I really don't want a 3rd person shooter or anything along those lines. I was looking for something that was a lot more stategy based.

Thanks.

Don't decide on just my opinion, but if you ask me, it was more of a third person shooter with strategy elements. You can tell different groups of troops to attack certain places or units, but you'll always be shooting too. And you can switch between your units on the fly, but you'll generally just pick a tank or a soldier to fight with. For the record, I haven't played it in a long time (I borrowed it)

dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 dieworm
Member since 2004 • 6416 Posts

Everyone get Battalion Wars for GameCube. It's 10 bucks new and really awesome. And get the DS AW. I love both series.

joshuarocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 joshuarocker
Its only 10 bucks, but I probably won't play it if its more of a 3rd person shooter. The review of the game looked good, but I don't konw if it will fix my advance wars need.