Actraiser should have a Wii sequel

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sirGiZZalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sirGiZZalot
Member since 2005 • 130 Posts
Actraiser (part 1, not the watered down action oriented sequel on the SNES) should be revisited  on the Wii (or any next gen console for that matter)  by Square Enix  immediaditely. After playing through the recent virtual console  release i was struck by an overwhelming nostalgic taste of great game innovation. Imagine if you will a larger scale God sim with a Devil May Cry- ish action game as the 'master' sequences. With the Wiimote as a pointer device for the god portion of the game this could potentially be an awesome game (think like mouse controls for a RTS). What do you guys think? Have any other specific gameplay ideas?
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts

Actraiser (part 1, not the watered down action oriented sequel on the SNES) should be revisited  on the Wii (or any next gen console for that matter)  by Square Enix  immediaditely. After playing through the recent virtual console  release i was struck by an overwhelming nostalgic taste of great game innovation. Imagine if you will a larger scale God sim with a Devil May Cry- ish action game as the 'master' sequences. With the Wiimote as a pointer device for the god portion of the game this could potentially be an awesome game (think like mouse controls for a RTS). What do you guys think? Have any other specific gameplay ideas?sirGiZZalot

I like your ideas. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

edd678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 edd678
Member since 2006 • 3660 Posts
This is a godo idea, id buy it too :)
meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts

Actraiser did get a spirtual sequel in Soul Blazer. Now they should have kept what made the game great which was the sum of it's part and not the platformer part itself.

Actraiser, The Guardian Legend and a whole host of other games should be remade or sequealed since we could do a lot more with the game concepts these days.

sirGiZZalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sirGiZZalot
Member since 2005 • 130 Posts

Actraiser did get a spirtual sequel in Soul Blazer. Now they should have kept what made the game great which was the sum of it's part and not the platformer part itself.

meimnobody

I wouldnt really consider Soul Blazer as a spiritual successor to Actraiser. It did share some elements (saving the world's citizens, playing as a messanger of a god-like deity, etc), but overall the games were a completely different beast (god sim/platformer vs. top down action rpg).

However, i do agree that what's really necessary is for the original formula (albeit a much more advanced reiteration) to be revisted with todays standards. Seperating the two gameplay elements was by far the biggest mistake made in the series.   

Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts
I just got it and I love it
theokguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 theokguy
Member since 2005 • 287 Posts
I hope u guys know there was actraiser 2 for snes right?? i had it and its better but minus the sim  part.