Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations Discussion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AlexandriaZ (25107 posts) -

For those of you who are impatient about waiting for the localized game, talk here.

There is so much to talk about for the 3rd Phoenix Wright game

-The mispellings and errors they will hopefully fix
-The hotness of the guys and girls of AA3
-The great cases and pacing of this game
-Why case 5 is named "A bridge to Turnabout" instead of the original translation that means "Magnificent Turnabout"

#2 Posted by Flyyer (26 posts) -

i'm just waiting for the game to come out. the first two were so good! the spelling and grammer errors werent too much of a bother.i still dun understand why the word "turnabout" is used for every case....is it a law/lawyer thing?

#3 Posted by ColorblindMonk (2851 posts) -
It's pretty cool the Japanese version has an english language option. IMPORT'D!
#4 Posted by Vyse_Legends (9387 posts) -
Well I just can't wait for this game to come out. You know the first 2 had some spelling and grammer errors but they were never much of a bother you know. I mean I love the series(Phoenix Wright as my user image!!!).
#5 Posted by AlexandriaZ (25107 posts) -

Some of the spelling errors are abosolutely terrible

Case 1
That guy is such a Dufus = Doofus

Case 2
"It's humun error." = Human Error

Case 3
"You've got to eat a of cake during New Year's!" = a lot of cake
"Goosebumbs...? You?" = Goosebumps

#6 Posted by AgentOfLight (807 posts) -
I may as well import due to the english language version...
I hope there will be more of the "rise from the ashes" forensic stuff!
#7 Posted by _Dez_ (2398 posts) -

Yeah, I heard that there were quite a few spelling and grammar errors for the Japanese version, so hopefully when it comes out in October, most of those will be fixed. I want to hold off on importing it right now and wait for its October release, but I am really looking foreword to Trials.

By the way, that was a nice review you wrote in your blog, Alexandria. Everything I hear about this game is making it hard to wait two more months for its release, and speaking of which, does anybody know why the game got delayed by a month? Was it to fix all the spelling and grammar errors?

#8 Posted by Matzoe89 (25 posts) -
I'm not too sure if I'm gonna import it, as I still got many other games to play and by the time I've finished them, it'll probably be October anyway, so..yeah. Though I wouldn't care about some minor spelling errors.
#9 Posted by brujagio (1372 posts) -

Some of the spelling errors are abosolutely terrible

Case 1
That guy is such a Dufus = Doofus

Case 2
"It's humun error." = Human Error

Case 3
"You've got to eat a of cake during New Year's!" = a lot of cake
"Goosebumbs...? You?" = Goosebumps

AlexandriaZ

Honestly, the spelling errors aren't getting in my way that much. In fact, they're actually kind of amusing. Either way, the game is awesome, and I can't wait for the next one to be translated :D

#10 Posted by AlexandriaZ (25107 posts) -

does anybody know why the game got delayed by a month? Was it fix all the spelling and grammar errors?

_Dez_

Honestly, at first when it happened with AA2: Justice for All I thought that maybe it was a geniune delay so they could polish and improve the USA release, but the version we got 4 months later was identical (sans Japanese option). This delay as far as I could tell was intentional.

Maybe it was to fix spelling errors and mistakes, but with the debacle of the 2nd game, I seriously have little faith in it.

I think that it is more realistically a marketing tool. By delaying it, only the hardcore fans would import it. Then they specificually used it to that the hardcore fans would talk about how good it is to make people anticipate it more.

#11 Posted by Vyse_Legends (9387 posts) -
[QUOTE="_Dez_"]

does anybody know why the game got delayed by a month? Was it fix all the spelling and grammar errors?

AlexandriaZ

Honestly, at first when it happened with AA2: Justice for All I thought that maybe it was a geniune delay so they could polish and improve the USA release, but the version we got 4 months later was identical (sans Japanese option). This delay as far as I could tell was intentional.

Maybe it was to fix spelling errors and mistakes, but with the debacle of the 2nd game, I seriously have little faith in it.

I think that it is more realistically a marketing tool. By delaying it, only the hardcore fans would import it. Then they specificually used it to that the hardcore fans would talk about how good it is to make people anticipate it more.

I knew it.
#12 Posted by AlexandriaZ (25107 posts) -

I knew it.Vyse_Legends

This is me speculating the possibility, because they delayed Ace Attorney 2 for ZERO reason. They could have fixed the script and polished it, instead we got the same game. With Ace Attorney 3 there is a 2 month window and they said they would fix it. That is exactly like what happened with the 2nd game, they also promised to fix the script.

I am skeptical and I think it is more of a marketing tool than anything else, because precendence has shown us that they will make shallow promises about fixing the script, then giving us the same unpolished script 4 months later. What did the do for 4 months between the releases? NOTHING.

#13 Posted by Vyse_Legends (9387 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vyse_Legends"]I knew it.AlexandriaZ

This is me speculating the possibility, because they delayed Ace Attorney 2 for ZERO reason. They could have fixed the script and polished it, instead we got the same game. With Ace Attorney 3 there is a 2 month window and they said they would fix it. That is exactly like what happened with the 2nd game, they also promised to fix the script.

I am skeptical and I think it is more of a marketing tool than anything else, because precendence has shown us that they will make shallow promises about fixing the script, then giving us the same unpolished script 4 months later. What did the do for 4 months between the releases? NOTHING.

Well I can't argue with that. Or can I?
#14 Posted by AlexandriaZ (25107 posts) -

Well I can't argue with that. Or can I?Vyse_Legends

You have a Phoenix Wright Avatar, you should be able to argue out of anything.

#15 Posted by _Dez_ (2398 posts) -

Geez, here I talk about grammar errors and stuff and I completely forgot to add "to" to my sentence :P

AlexandriaZ

So they delayed the second one as well, did they? I don't know if that would work as a good marketing choice by pushing it away another month. When I heard that, I considered importing the Japanese version so I wouldn't have to wait, and there would be no need for me to buy Trials and Tribulations when it comes out in the U.S. I'm guessing that there are other people that think the same thing and I believe that would hurt the US sales for the game.

#16 Posted by Vyse_Legends (9387 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vyse_Legends"]Well I can't argue with that. Or can I?AlexandriaZ

You have a Phoenix Wright Avatar, you should be able to argue out of anything.

Your right.

OBJECTION!

You say that during those 4 months that they delayed it for nothing? Well what proof do you have that it wasnt for something? Were you there when they were working on it? Without solid evidence you have no case!

#17 Posted by arjun180 (478 posts) -

For those of you who are impatient about waiting for the localized game, talk here.

There is so much to talk about for the 3rd Phoenix Wright game

-The mispellings and errors they will hopefully fix
-The hotness of the guys and girls of AA3
-The great cases and pacing of this game
-Why case 5 is named "A bridge to Turnabout" instead of the original translation that means "Magnificent Turnabout"

AlexandriaZ

The misspellings will be corrected in the NA Version, confirmed by Capcom.

One thing I love are the CULTURAL REFERENCES! (e.g. Case 1 - Kelis - Milkshake)

Also they used a "FORBIDDEN" word (W ho r e)

But yea, "Bridge to Turnabout"! WTF is up with that? "A Magnificent Turnabout" sounds way cooler

#18 Posted by AlexandriaZ (25107 posts) -

One thing I love are the CULTURAL REFERENCES! (e.g. Case 1 - Kelis - Milkshake)

Also they used a "FORBIDDEN" word (W ho r e)

But yea, "Bridge to Turnabout"! WTF is up with that? "A Magnificent Turnabout" sounds way cooler

arjun180

They also confirmed fixing the second game, and look how well that went

#19 Posted by AlexandriaZ (25107 posts) -

So they delayed the second one as well, did they? I don't know if that would work as a good marketing choice by pushing it away another month. When I heard that, I considered importing the Japanese version so I wouldn't have to wait, and there would be no need for me to buy Trials and Tribulations when it comes out in the U.S. I'm guessing that there are other people that think the same thing and I believe that would hurt the US sales for the game.

_Dez_

The question is, does it really hurt the game?

The game will sell anyways because there is a dedicated fanbase, and the only people that import it are the hardest of the hardcore. In effect, they are also great tools to get people excited.

I didn't mean to, but here I am talking about the greatness of the third game after beating it and I inadvertently became a mouthpiece for Capcom.

#20 Posted by arjun180 (478 posts) -
[QUOTE="arjun180"]

AlexandriaZ

They also confirmed fixing the second game, and look how well that went

True...maybe they've learned.

Or maybe not.

#21 Posted by Genexi2 (3110 posts) -

Long as it isn't Wright making the typos/grammatical errors, it's all fine by me.

On another note, someone please tell me the Judge at least grew a backbone in #3, the amount of times I *facepalmed* in 1/2 when the prosecutor overruled the judge's decision by him/herself........

Avatar image for Denjin_hadouken
#22 Posted by Denjin_hadouken (5927 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vyse_Legends"]I knew it.AlexandriaZ

Maybe it got delayed because of the fifth case? And correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe PW3 has a fifth case too.
Avatar image for lovetheblindone
#23 Posted by lovetheblindone (1733 posts) -

I'm thinking about buying this game but I haven't played the other one, Do I need to play the other to understand this one?

#24 Posted by _Dez_ (2398 posts) -

I'm thinking about buying this game but I haven't played the other one, Do I need to play the other to understand this one?

lovetheblindone

While the second game feels more episodic than the first game, I'm pretty sure that there are some returning characters from the previous game. I think case two in JFA will have some connection to T&T, so while I felt that the game wasn't as mind blowing as the first one, it's still a lot of fun and pretty interesting to play. You should definitely pick it up.

#25 Posted by AlexandriaZ (25107 posts) -

Maybe it got delayed because of the fifth case? And correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe PW3 has a fifth case too.Denjin_hadouken

There was some sort of uber 5th case that no one unlocked when they beat the game, I didn't know.

All Ace Attorney games technically have 4 cases, the first DS version only had a 5th one tacked on to take advantage of the DS. The second game was a straight port, and the third game was a straight port (it also has 5 cases, but you can argue that Case 4 and Case 5 is just one huge case).

#26 Posted by AlexandriaZ (25107 posts) -

While the second game feels more episodic than the first game, I'm pretty sure that there are some returning characters from the previous game. I think case two in JFA will have some connection to T&T, so while I felt that the game wasn't as mind blowing as the first one, it's still a lot of fun and pretty interesting to play. You should definitely pick it up.

_Dez_

Case 1 and Case 4 from the first game has a strong influence on the third game.

Case 2 from the second game has a strong influence.

By "strong influence" I mean is essential in story development and character development.

#27 Posted by arjun180 (478 posts) -

[QUOTE="Denjin_hadouken"] Maybe it got delayed because of the fifth case? And correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe PW3 has a fifth case too.AlexandriaZ

There was some sort of uber 5th case that no one unlocked when they beat the game, I didn't know.

All Ace Attorney games technically have 4 cases, the first DS version only had a 5th one tacked on to take advantage of the DS. The second game was a straight port, and the third game was a straight port (it also has 5 cases, but you can argue that Case 4 and Case 5 is just one huge case).

"Uber fifth case" What's this all about?

#28 Posted by AlexandriaZ (25107 posts) -

"Uber fifth case" What's this all about?

arjun180

I am talkinga bout this hypothetical 5th case for the second game that this person mentions that is not in existence. If there was a 5th case for the second game, you bet everyone will know about it.

As for the third game, there are no case additions. There are still 5 cases, but feels more like 4 since the 4th and 5th case ties together, with the 4th case being a prelude to the 5th case.