About the types of the starters in pokemon x and y....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Craftycrow96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Craftycrow96
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I've been thinking and I highly doubt chespin is dark type and fennekin is psychic type (though I am with the fact that froakie is fighting). Firstly, fennekin and chespin could potentially share characteristics with psychics and darks respectively similar to the way Charizard is like a dragon but they have not made and will not make a starter with a secondary type that is special (i.e. ice, electric, psychic, dragon, dark, water, fire, grass, fairy). Also, about the glow punch fennekin used, they would not showcase one of fennekins moves on a trailer unless it is a move it learns from leveling up so you can't use the ampharos excuse. I however still do not think fennekin will be fighting but rather just a regular fire type because of the psychic attack it used in the first trailer.... What are your thoughts about this and the dual type attack rumor?
Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

The way I think it will work: Froakie evolves into fighting, Chespin evolves into dark, but Fennekin evolves into a fairy, which would get super effected by dark and super effects fighting. This typing isn't confirmed but I think this would be the only fair way for it to work.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#3 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Fennekin just has that "look" to him. I still think he'll be psychic.  The other two I don't even care about. Fennekin is awesome, but the other two are ass.

Craftycrow96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Craftycrow96
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Yeah I'm thinking fennekin can possibly be fairy as well. If you saw the supposed leaked names of the starter evos, fennekins evolution name roughly translated to "magic fox" which strongly points toward the fairy type and since fairy was introduced after the era of physical and special types its a definite and likely possibility. And I also agree that I'm definitely starting out with fennekin...
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Couldn't care less. They are ugly as hell.

Detriiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Detriiment
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts

WTB Gen 1+2 starters.  Those were my favorites.