About Castlevania judgement...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Arkk_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Arkk_Angel
Member since 2003 • 787 Posts

Konami is to Castlevania Judgement as Nintendo is to Smash Bros....DISCUSS!!!

I'm just interested in why people are booing and hissing over this new game. Nintendo got some of their characters and made Smash Bros. Now that series is a cultural phenom. Konami could have something on their hands. The game screenshots so far are quite impressive and we've only seen the beginning. So what gives?!

I've been asking for a Castlevania game where I can pretend i'm flailing my whip, mace, mourning star, etc. with my Wii-mote and while I didn't expect a fighting game it just might make sense. I may look like a fool making some large gestures to play a video game, but I think it's a step in the right direction for virtual reality and it could be fun

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts
I am going to rent it, maybe buy it
MagnuzGuerra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MagnuzGuerra
Member since 2004 • 1037 Posts
The problem is Konami's history of fighting games. Maybe this one won't be average, but I won't count on that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
I think it's a cool concept and I'm willing to give it a chance. After all, I love Castlevania and I could use nice variety in developers, publishers and genres of games on my Wii.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

The only way Smash Bros is related to this is they're trying characters in a new genre.

Konami is actually trying to make a fighter.

If they pull it off it's going to be loved by fighter fans and Castlevania fans

If they don't pull it off it's going to be one of those "well how much DO you love the characters?" kind of games

It looks good so far.

theokguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 theokguy
Member since 2005 • 287 Posts

Iam a big castlevania fan! Have been for years. So what wrong with change? Its not like its going to be always it just somthing new for once.

staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts

Konami is to Castlevania Judgement as Nintendo is to Smash Bros....DISCUSS!!!

I'm just interested in why people are booing and hissing over this new game. Nintendo got some of their characters and made Smash Bros. Now that series is a cultural phenom. Konami could have something on their hands.

Arkk_Angel

Yeah but Nintendo is really a broad company when you think about it. Having so many characters in SSB that catered to so many different types of people is what helped make it sucessful.

The Castlevania series in my opinion isn't as big as Nintendo. Mention Nintendo to a group of gamers and most of them if not all will have heard of them. Castlevania won't have the same effect. I'm not saying that the game will be bad, it's just completely out of left field for the series and we won't know if it's good or not until it comes out.

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
Its because lots..if not most of the Castlevania fans wanted a console adventure not a fighting game and a fighting games is just random its not even close to the regular Castlevania gameplay i just hope they are trying to make a good game and arent trying to go with the idea that if they make a Castlevania that fans will flock to it reguardles of it being good or not like Square does cause...Castlevania fans dont seem to fall for that trick