A question to DS users.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cook66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Cook66
Member since 2004 • 5182 Posts

I've been reading these forums a bit, and it looks to me like many of you see the DS as your main console, so I'm wondering, do you have any other consoles, and how do you use them compared to your DS? Can the DS really supply enough games and entertainment to make you not want or need another console to keep entertained?

I myself have a pretty decent gaming PC, a 360 and a Wii, and I would hate if my DS (which is on the way) is so good that I forget about my other consoles! :lol: 

AsakuraHao2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 AsakuraHao2004
Member since 2004 • 8186 Posts
i use my pc the most, and the PSP second.I havent played the DS in a while, but i just got back into it after i didnt play diamond since the day i got it(on release date).I havent played the ps2 in like a month and a half, and the gamecube has been there dusty for 4 months.
Matdredalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 Matdredalia
Member since 2006 • 197 Posts

I have a Game Cube, PS2, PC, & DS. My brother (who lives next-door) has a Wii, so I get to play that whenever I want as well.

I consider my DS my main console, because it has the most games that I play and it's where I do most of my video-gaming. I play MMORPG's on my PC, and a couple of PC games (Diner Dash & Cake Mania), but that's about it. It just doesn't have that many great games that can hold my interest.

My PS2 is technically my bf's, which is the only reason I really have it. I'm not a PS fan at all, and I don't like the kinds of games that come out for it, with the exception of the Final Fantasy series & Katamari Damacy.

The Wii doesn't have that many games yet (especially that are affordable for our budget), so while I absolutely love it, it still is second in line to my DS.

As for my GC...it's hard to find good games for it anymore, and since the Wii is in the picture, well, you get the idea.

So, yes, my DS is my primary console for the most part, and really...I don't mind that. I can take it anywhere, it does a million and one things, I basically consider it my 2nd child.

hjart6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 hjart6
Member since 2004 • 627 Posts
i have a xbox 360 and my brother has a wii, but i play DS and 360 almost equally mutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 092093
Member since 2006 • 1696 Posts

I own Ds, PS2, and gamecube.

Ds: I play everyday.

PS2: I only play when I have friends over (for multiplayer), but will be playing a lot if I can get enough money to buy Guitar Hero: 80s.

GC: I haven't played in a few months, cuz there's no new games (execpt zelda and movie based games, which I'm a fan of neither). But I used to play when I first got SSBM.

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts

I'd say its different to console games but not impared to consile games. Every night I play my DS in bed for 30 mins before i go to sleep. Or when I'm on long travel, unlike Ipod its not something you can use on a 10 miute bus ride. Or when you go to a family reunion and you've got some time to kill  before you "bond with them" I play my DS. DS has less games than the console but It doesnt feel like its less.

If you havent got one now than you got no problem runnin out of games. Me, I mainly play Nintendo first party games, Blizzard and Sonic. So if you like my taste (even though theres no blizzard games for DS) I can recomend you the following games:

-Super Mario 64 DS, Adventure is fun and challenging also extended by 30 new stars to get and about 5 new mini levels (eg Peach's Secret silde, 8 Red coins in the sky (opposite rainbow ride)) also includes simple yet timeless touch minigames that are simple, addicting and satisfing to play and theres 27 all up

-Sonic Rush, Difinitly recommened if you like more of a challenge, Sonic's new game is 3D 2D style game and is reasonably long but its so hard for me i havent completed it yet but thats probably coz i dont practise it enough.

-Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart for the DS is a pleasant cross between 64 and DD. 1 Driver, You choose your own car and every character starts with two and by the end you unlock 4 more characters and an extra 5 cars per player. Theres are 8 cups in total making up 32 tracks. Multiplayer is fun as it can go online and the balloon battles have almost been properly restored to the original 64 classic way.  

-Animal Crossing : Wild World, this game is the most relaxing game i've ever played. Great for settling down before sleep. Although it seems like a childish game the animals act more like young teens. Not the rampant kind though. I difinitly recomend this one, even though its childish look its a great game and can really calm nerves or stress I have. 

-New Super Mario Bros, starts out classic and simple but by world 6 you start to feel the challenge.

Those games are enough for me at the moment but dont forget other popular titles such as:

-Nintendogs

-Mario and Luigi: Partners in time

-Metroid Prime: Hunters

Oh yeh and when Pokemon comes to Australia I'll get my hands on that. June 21st cant wait!  

Supernova_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Supernova_86
Member since 2007 • 517 Posts

The Nintendo DS is my main gaming console for now. I still have a PS2 and laptop computer which I sometimes play games on, but I play the DS the most.

SeanHaley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SeanHaley
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I use my PC a fair bit more than anything else I have. That is only because I have bad games on my DS
edd678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 edd678
Member since 2006 • 3660 Posts

I have a Ds lite, xbox 360, pc and a wii. I would say that my main cinsoles are my wii and pc :)

Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Abgoj
Member since 2005 • 12168 Posts

I have a ps2, a psp, a ds lite and a wii. I use my psp the most as I like alot of the games for it and 

I use it for music, video, surfing the net and uh.... other stuff 

too *cough* hombrew and emulation *cough*.

I use my ds lite quite often but I don't have that many games for it, i'll probably use it a lot 

more once I get some more games for my collection.

I haven't been using my ps2 very much lately, although I plan on buying on 

rogue galaxy and when I do, i'll probably be using it alot more.

I use my wii every now and then, not alot at the moment though, once some of the games 

i'm really interested in come out for it though i'll probably be using it a lot more.   

Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts
I have a Gamecube, PS2 ,my brother has an Xbox 360 (im gonna get a Wii!) and my DS Lite. I havnt really had much time to play any of them that much because of exams. But when i have played them lately, its been Gamecube for multiplayer(smashbros) and PS2 for single player (FFXII) and i was playing FFIII on my DS until my girlfriend borrowed my DS and said she wants to keep it till the end of my exams:)
Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Yo-gan
I have a Gamecube, PS2 ,my brother has an Xbox 360 (im gonna get a Wii!) and my DS Lite. I havnt really had much time to play any of them that much because of exams. But when i have played them lately, its been Gamecube for multiplayer(smashbros) and PS2 for single player (FFXII) and i was playing FFIII on my DS until my girlfriend borrowed my DS and said she wants to keep it till the end of my exams:)
Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Yo-gan
justin4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 justin4444
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts

I have a DS and PS2.

I got first the ps2 (2 years ago) and recently i bought ds lite (1 month ago).

I play more on my DS right now (for a change) because im already sick and tired of sony games.

And I think DS is great because it is portable and it has many good and enjoyable games and I consider my DS as my main console (for now).

my next destination is ps3 (when the time the price is affordable) :p

dem0truk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dem0truk
Member since 2003 • 243 Posts

At home, I'll play PC. Why play a handheld when you can have far superior processing power, far superior graphics and tonnes of games that just plain won't be possible on a handheld for at least 6 or so years?

However, I do play DS more than PC, because I carry my DS everywhere and I'm only at home on the weekends during college time. So in that sense it is my main console. 

meowww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 meowww
Member since 2003 • 453 Posts

i have GBC, PS2, PC, PC Laptop and DS.

the main for me is the PS2 not the DS but the DS its like the Wii games so i dont buying a Wii

justin4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 justin4444
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts

i have GBC, PS2, PC, PC Laptop and DS.

the main for me is the PS2 not the DS but the DS its like the Wii games so i dont buying a Wii

meowww

Thats also what im doing alternately gb-gba-pc-n64-ps2-ds-next? 360 or ps3

Different games means really really fun.

Lance_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 Lance_C
Member since 2004 • 34544 Posts
I have an Xbox, PS2, GC, GBA, DreamCast and next to that the DS. I have to say the DS is the best gaming system I own in my collection. The handheld games appeal to me more than the console games. Especially right about now, since I have already bought about 4-5 games the past two months.
Avatar image for 195376358372165102514183220412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 195376358372165102514183220412
Member since 2003 • 492 Posts

I have a Playstation 2 along with my DS Lite.  Even though I now have games that I can't finish because of work (and soon the fall semester) like Disgaea 2, Lumines Plus, GTA VCS and Metal Slug Anthology, I find myself playing my DS during my commute and in bed almost every night.  The fact that I have Final Fantasy III and Pokemon Diamond in my collection doesn't help either. :P

Next week my DS usage is only going to get worse as I've just learned that Planet Puzzle League uses the Nintendo WFC, my sister and mother want a copy of Brain Age and I have yet to play a Pheonix Wright game.  So to answer your question:  yes, even though I have a PS2 with new games waiting for me to play and we have an Xbox 360 in the living room, my DS Lite is almost always on.

summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
I play my DS more often than my GC. The only game I play on my GC would be Tales of Symphonia, but I haven't touched it in 3 months. Now I play my DS more.
lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts

i own:

ds-play everyday since i bought pokemon

wii-waiting for strikers and mp3

64-i replay the Rare games every once in a while

snes-dont really play it that much

xbox-used to be my main console,but now its broken :(

soon to have 360-will be my main console for a while unless pokemon has something to say about it

NARUTO1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NARUTO1983
Member since 2004 • 56 Posts
I have:
DS Lite: I play every morning & Night
PSP : I don't play that much, but will start playing at 17 july new game coming out
PS2 : I stop play because i finish all my games
GameCube : I almost never use it
Old Xbox : Never use it
DreamCast : Really stop using it
Gameboy Advance : give to my sister
Xbox 360 : I play everyday till diner time :P

Jedi_of_Hyrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Jedi_of_Hyrule
Member since 2007 • 881 Posts
i used to have a ps2 and a xbox. i sold them both because the ds is the only system that i use. answer your question?
coop_1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 coop_1717
Member since 2006 • 538 Posts
I got a wii and i use my ds more then it but when better wii games come out i will start to use the wii more
skreetpreacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#25 skreetpreacha
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts

I would use the DS as my main gaming device if it's all I had, but my situation is a lil different. I have a GC, DS, and a PSP.... I originally got the GC for the Mario games, and now it's used sometimes by me and/or my kids, but it's at it's best for playing games like Mario Party 7, Double Dash, and SSBM when friends and family come over with the 4 controllers.

My DS consists of mostly kid friendly games, and my kids usually hog up the DS in single player games like Kirby and Mario. I recently got Clubhouse Games, which has a bit of addicting online play, and I'm still playing through FF3 here and there on it.

I got a PSP becuz, like all my systems, lol, I just couldn't pass up a good deal from a friend or family member who wanted to get rid of theirs. (I got my PSP with a memory card and 3 games from my cousin for 60 bucks). I was simply astonished by the graphics, and GTA kinda sucked me in, since I hadn't played GTA before, and it was one of the games that came with it. I've since bought a wireless router for my home to play online with my DS and PSP, and have bought Madden, MLB, and SOCOM to play online with my PSP. :-) it's GREAT! So there aren't any games my kids can play on my PSP, so that's mainly MY gaming device to play. :-) versus the DS is usually my kids one, and the GC is the one for everyone.

gunsglinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gunsglinger
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

my DS is my only console (well i also have a dinosauric ps1 but it doen't count) I had a gba but I sold it... I'm thinkin in a wii for the end of the year...

I think that in the end you will play the console with the game make you have the more fun.... a lot of people are playing pokemon right now while their other consoles are recolecting dust 

jacob33301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jacob33301
Member since 2007 • 766 Posts
i also have a 360, a wii, and PC and well DS... The DS is actually my main system. I have a lot of reasons why but i'm too tired to tell.. ugh..
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
DS- Everyday Wii- Almost everyday  PC- Almost everyday 
radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts
Summing all up DS contentions the DS is a popular console that is handy on the go yet also provides interesting games. DS seems to be the favorite console for those high school and College students who dont have time to seat down and boot up a com or console. However that doesnt mean others dont like it. The DS now has not a huge libary but a varieying libary and offers many different styles of gaming. From the touch Generations games such as Nintendogs and Clubhouse games to adventure RPGs like Mario & Luigi and Pokemon. Many owners would recommend the console to everyone because it can offer everyone something.
Uchiha_madara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 Uchiha_madara
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts

DS: all the time...

PC: hardly

PS2:every time when not using DS 

PSP:hardly... only music 

Wii:Cant remember the last time touched

WiiDsMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WiiDsMaster
Member since 2007 • 164 Posts
I play my DS a tad bit more than my Wii now.  When SSBB and Super Mario Galaxy come out, I'll be playing Wii way more than DS.  Also, I have no idea where my GBA is and the only thing my Gamecube has to offer is SSBM for anticipating SSBB.
benfelix557

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 benfelix557
Member since 2003 • 706 Posts
i have a ps2, xbox, wii, and dslite.  i play xbox all the time (halo 2 online), then dslite, then ps2, then wii.  for ps2 i have gh2 so i play that a lot.  wii has NO GOOD GAMES
goalring27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 goalring27
Member since 2006 • 1693 Posts
i have a dreamcast, ps2, wii, and DS. i play my dreamcast the most and still buy games for in on the net, then PS2 and DS are pretty much tied and i dont play the wii very much surpizeingly unless i have company over and becuz iv beeten all the games i have for it (thats 2  1/2 games)
nekrotaunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34 nekrotaunter
Member since 2003 • 1480 Posts

I've been reading these forums a bit, and it looks to me like many of you see the DS as your main console, so I'm wondering, do you have any other consoles, and how do you use them compared to your DS? Can the DS really supply enough games and entertainment to make you not want or need another console to keep entertained?

I myself have a pretty decent gaming PC, a 360 and a Wii, and I would hate if my DS (which is on the way) is so good that I forget about my other consoles! :lol:

Cook66

I play my Neo Geo the most often. I only play my DS sometimes, and my Wii even less.  

in2DarKneSs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35 in2DarKneSs
Member since 2006 • 233 Posts

I love my DS right now, even tho i also own a Wii and PS2. It has Phoenix Wright 1 and 2, Lunar Knights, Megaman ZX and soon ZX Advent. Plus all of the GBA games like Tales of Phantasia, Super Robot Taisen OG 1 and 2. And u can take it n e where. It is cool and versatile, with a great line-up so i do tend to use it more than my other consoles. Now can n e one tell me why Keiji Inafune has made megaman abandon playstation?

khamsaiumn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 khamsaiumn
Member since 2005 • 363 Posts
Like everyone else the DS is my main console of choice. A) because there is a lot of great games on it. B) I grew up on handhelds first before transitioning to Home Consoles. C) i like my own personal screen, it also explains why i love pc games more.
Xyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Xyrie
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts
Just to be straight with you, you do realise an NDS is a handheld, right ?
Avatar image for 195376358372165102514183220412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 195376358372165102514183220412
Member since 2003 • 492 Posts

Just to be straight with you, you do realise an NDS is a handheld, right ? Xyrie

Yes and I for one give it extra points for privacy.  Not only are the games varied but gamers can play it in their own personal space.  Buy a great pair of earbuds/headphones, keep the screens scratch and dust-free and for most gamers (especially adults) that's all of the entertainment they could ask for.

RESISTEE926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#39 RESISTEE926
Member since 2005 • 1090 Posts
I have a Gamecube, PS2 ,my brother has an Xbox 360 (im gonna get a Wii!) and my DS Lite. I havnt really had much time to play any of them that much because of exams. But when i have played them lately, its been Gamecube for multiplayer(smashbros) and PS2 for single player (FFXII) and i was playing FFIII on my DS until my girlfriend borrowed my DS and said she wants to keep it till the end of my exams:)Yo-gan
wooow. A triple post. And I have a DS GC GBAand PC. I use my PC for jedi outcast and demos, my GC for the Ocarina of time and extended hours of play, GBA for quick on the go, and use my ds as a kind of in-between. My main console is my GC and then DS and then GBA and then PC
Woofie_kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Woofie_kun
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts
Well I use the DS (or as I came to call it my "Etrian Odyssey Console" everyday on my way to work and back (it takes me like 2 hours to get to work and 2 more getting back) so it's definitly my main gaming device. I have an original XBOX which I only use as a DVD player these days since I havn't played in it for months... and I can't remember the last game I played on my PC. And that's it... PS Its amazing the number of people that have a wii and don't use it. I'm thinking of getting one for xmas... but I'll have to carefully re-evaluate that I guess
jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts
I play PC and Wii more than my other consoles.
kezlehan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kezlehan
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts
I play on PC, Xbox 360 and DS. I go through stages with my games. I go through a stage where I play my PC non stop. Then I forget about my PC and play my Xbox 360 for ages. Then I stop playing both and play my DS.