A Link Between Worlds or Ocarina Of Time

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TinFoilGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TinFoilGuy
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I have never played a Zelda game before and I was wondering if I should pick up A Link Between Worlds or Ocarina Of Time?

JP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 JP_
Member since 2007 • 12875 Posts

Okay honestly for this being your 1st Zelda Game I think you want to start with something that you can start off easy and enjoy its challenges

I say start with Ocarina of Time as its a Classic and I enjoyed it for my 1st LoZ Game

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

I would say Link Between Worlds simply because it's more modern, has a better user interface, and smoother pacing.

Ocarina is an excellent game but if you haven't played it by now, you might judge it with different standards

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

@drekula2 said:

I would say Link Between Worlds simply because it's more modern, has a better user interface, and smoother pacing.

Ocarina is an excellent game but if you haven't played it by now, you might judge it with different standards

Just get the 3DS one. The game holds up just fine. WIth that said, it is all a matter of 3D vs 2D.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

This is difficult to say.

If you could, I'd suggest playing A Link to the Past before A Link Between Worlds... So with that said, you should play Ocarina of Time for now until you have access to ALTTP, then play ALBW. .

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

ALTTP is better than OoT, so play ALBW which draws heavily from ALTTP.

widdowson91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

User Lists: 7

#7 widdowson91
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

Ocarina of Time is better, but A Link Between Worlds is fantastic. If you've never played Ocarina of Time before I suggest getting it for the 3DS. The N64 version is wonderful, but dated by modern standards. The 3DS version is a lot more up to date, and it's a lot more polished. If you play the N64 version today you may wonder why a lot of gamers think it is so great because of it's age. So play it on 3DS. But I can't play it on anything other than the N64 :P

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Both are great games, but A Link Between Worlds is easier to pick up and play. Whichever is better depends on personal preference. When you beat one, go buy the other.

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#9 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts

Both are exceptional games. A simple way to choose is to decide; if you want a top down 2D like game, go with Between Worlds. If you want a fully 3D game, go with OoT.

I'd say Between Worlds was a lot easier to pick up and play because of the controls, but Ocarina of time was more immerse and a better overall experience.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

They're my two favorite Zelda games (out of the six I've played), but yeah, as someone else already said, it depends whether you want a 3D game or a 2D game. Flip a coin! Either way, you won't be disappointed. :)

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

I think there's pretty much a consensus that you should first go for the more modern, accessible, wonderful A Link Between Worlds.

Then get Ocarina of Time 3D --- a meticulous remake of one gaming's great masterpieces.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

If you have never played a single zelda title then I would go with ALBW. The top down zeldas are really good with simple gameplay and fun dungeons. The overworld in 2d zeldas have good secrets to be found also. If you enjoy playing the ALBW it will set you up better imo for going into a 3d zelda world and loving it.

Smallville0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 Smallville0608
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts

I have both, and though I have finished neither, I do prefer ALBW's much more.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a5a8e35ab83
deactivated-61a5a8e35ab83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-61a5a8e35ab83
Member since 2013 • 82 Posts

If you are interested in the Zelda time line at all you will want to play A Link to the Past before you play A Link Between Worlds. If you aren't too concerned about the timeline I would say ALBW is a better game to start with than OoT. OoT is best experienced as a veteran IMO. You'll have a better respect for just how legendary the game is.