3DS XL Blue vs Red

This topic is locked from further discussion.

needweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 needweed
Member since 2012 • 418 Posts
I think im leaning towards the red one, simple because the NES had a little bit of red in it. they both are not even my 3rd choice as colors go. Japan has the best one with the white. i feel like screaming im so pissed about the colors.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
I think im leaning towards the red one, simple because the NES had a little bit of red in it. they both are not even my 3rd choice as colors go. Japan has the best one with the white. i feel like screaming im so pissed about the colors.needweed
I don't get why the people who decide what colors to be released in different countries didn't give us the same ones in Japan...What point is there to even do that?
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I like the blue one myself. Wish they had a retro Nes/snes grey looking one though
needweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 needweed
[QUOTE="needweed"]I think im leaning towards the red one, simple because the NES had a little bit of red in it. they both are not even my 3rd choice as colors go. Japan has the best one with the white. i feel like screaming im so pissed about the colors.hydralisk86
I don't get why the people who decide what colors to be released in different countries didn't give us the same ones in Japan...What point is there to even do that?

im pissed off.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

To be honest neither of them look very good...I think I'll stick with my original 3DS until a better one comes out.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#6 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I'm waiting until other colours come out - the red and the blue are ugly (although not quite launch aqua 3DS ugly) especially with the black interior. Plus it might be worth it as a small protest to tell Nintendo that it's not okay to pawn off the crappiest colours in North America.
needweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 needweed
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]I'm waiting until other colours come out - the red and the blue are ugly (although not quite launch aqua 3DS ugly) especially with the black interior. Plus it might be worth it as a small protest to tell Nintendo that it's not okay to pawn off the crappiest colours in North America.

Im sure they wont even notice our protest lol. My gf wanted a 3ds but i dont know if i should wait to get a ugly color or just get her a purple one right now. The small Screen on the current ones does kinda bother me. I mean its pretty small. (thats NOT what she said)
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i don't like either, TBH. i'd like better colors to be released. hell, japan's got black and silver.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts

Please, for all that is holy, release a matte black XL. Or anything that isn't a "fun" color.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I don't know what color I will choose but I think I will get a 3DS XL and keep my other 3DS just have one and carry both so when I get Pokemon games I will have two systems so I can trade.

Edit* I have Flame Red 3DS so I might either choose Red to match or go with another color.

rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts
The quality looks like cheap plastic, my 3DS looks much nicer if you ask me.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

They are both nasty TBH. The thing looks like crap. Why can't I just get a bigger 3DS? The DSI XL was great and was actually a bigger DSi.

This is not a 3DS XL, it's a crappy redesign with that horrible plastic matte garbage that chips off. Sorry Nintendo you just lost my money on this system.

Rant over.

seinfield.gif

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

[QUOTE="needweed"]I think im leaning towards the red one, simple because the NES had a little bit of red in it. they both are not even my 3rd choice as colors go. Japan has the best one with the white. i feel like screaming im so pissed about the colors.hydralisk86

Yea, I reckon they're just racist *kidding* :P , just don't buy it till the colour you like comes out. That should send them a message for releasing crap colours to western countries.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"][QUOTE="needweed"]I think im leaning towards the red one, simple because the NES had a little bit of red in it. they both are not even my 3rd choice as colors go. Japan has the best one with the white. i feel like screaming im so pissed about the colors.superbuuman

Yea, I reckon they're just racist *kidding* :P , just don't buy it till the colour you like comes out. That should send them a message for releasing crap colours to western countries.

I'm thinking if i wait too long, the trade in offers will go away after a while. Does this happen?
todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts
I honestly don't care. I'm going to playing it. I literally walked into the store, grabbed the first 3DS I saw (aqua blue), walked out and started playing. The same thing will happen on August 19th. It's cool if the white one was available, but it's no biggie.
needweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 needweed
[QUOTE="superbuuman"]

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"] I don't get why the people who decide what colors to be released in different countries didn't give us the same ones in Japan...What point is there to even do that?hydralisk86

I'm thinking if i wait too long, the trade in offers will go away after a while. Does this happen?

Well not really since alot of people still will want the 3ds , im honestly leaning towards selling the crap aqua blue one i have and getting either a black or a purple. Heck even the purple one looks like a classic n64. The new xls look like puke
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

The more I see of Blue the more I like it. But I'd prefer the Silver unit. I really dig the look of the 3DS XL after not liking it at first.

Also, why isn't anyone making the connection that the only reason Red/Blue are coming out at first in NA is because it releases the same day as Mario?

I'm sure Black, White or Silver will ship in October-December

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

[QUOTE="superbuuman"]

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"] I don't get why the people who decide what colors to be released in different countries didn't give us the same ones in Japan...What point is there to even do that?hydralisk86

Trading it in isn't your best option at all so you're going to get screwed regardless.

If you use your local craigslist you can get $100-$140 depending. The 3DS is staying in stores at $170 so price won't go down much.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#19 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
That's like asking us to choose between rat turds and hamster turds :P
pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

both look great but i think i will ge thte red.

Its3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Its3D
Member since 2012 • 33 Posts
I am going to wait for better colors, I like glossy finishes instead of the matte finish on the new 3D xl's.