3DS To be released November?!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

Link

This sounds promising. November!!

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

While a lot of people think the 3DS releasing this fall would hurt a certain two Wii releases that come out this fall. But Nintendo could actually help the Wii by releasing the 3DS this fall. How?

The 3DS will take attention away from certain hardware launching this fall from Nintendo's competitors, launch the 3DS this fall, sell 1-2 million units during the holidays, every unit ships with a 3DS version of the Nintendo channel with DS and 3DS downloadable demos, trailers, videos, and also Wii trailers, videos, and it will help spread word about Wii software

I mean really, what better advertising oppurtunity for DKC:R and Kirby:EY than knowing two million people will be prompted to view trailers for the games, and then provided a link to a retailer's web site to order the game itself, through the 3DS's web browser?

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 martinX3X

While a lot of people think the 3DS releasing this fall would hurt a certain two Wii releases that come out this fall. But Nintendo could actually help the Wii by releasing the 3DS this fall. How?

The 3DS will take attention away from certain hardware launching this fall from Nintendo's competitors, launch the 3DS this fall, sell 1-2 million units during the holidays, every unit ships with a 3DS version of the Nintendo channel with DS and 3DS downloadable demos, trailers, videos, and also Wii trailers, videos, and it will help spread word about Wii software

I mean really, what better advertising oppurtunity for DKC:R and Kirby:EY than knowing two million people will be prompted to view trailers for the games, and then provided a link to a retailer's web site to order the game itself, through the 3DS's web browser?

darth-pyschosis
Interesting
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
random retailer throwing release dates for games that are not even confirmed launch titles? not buying it.
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

random retailer throwing release dates for games that are not even confirmed launch titles? not buying it.BrunoBRS

This plus right now on VGchartz there is a news story saying March 15.

we still don't know :cry:

CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 CyberKlown28
Member since 2008 • 1198 Posts
I wish.... but can't trust this source.
millerjs1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 millerjs1986
Member since 2009 • 993 Posts
so sick of all these speculations..
Dandoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dandoku
Member since 2010 • 70 Posts
[QUOTE="CyberKlown28"]I wish.... but can't trust this source.

My thoughts exactly.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I really hope it doesnt as money is needed elsewhere and I just bought a Wii, not to mention all the amazing games coming.

Francision69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Francision69
Member since 2007 • 1763 Posts
I hope it's not this year. I have to save up still...
Rheiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rheiken
Member since 2009 • 677 Posts
computerandvideogames.com Oh look, a mostly unheard of site giving hopeful, yet highly speculated information. Must be true!
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#12 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
That would be awesome, but then I couldn't afford it, as I already need to invest in a new rig :(.
ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

I hope it's not this year. I have to save up still...Francision69

This, and I wanna play my DSi more before I get distracted by the 3DS.

Boba20077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Boba20077
Member since 2009 • 50 Posts

I've heard a rumor that it might come out October, but it's unlikely.

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 martinX3X

[QUOTE="Francision69"]I hope it's not this year. I have to save up still...ACL0V3R

This, and I wanna play my DSi more before I get distracted by the 3DS.

same here. i have a huge backlog to catch up on.
Crotazoa8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Crotazoa8
Member since 2010 • 1230 Posts
I've been hearing March 15th a lot as the 3DS release date, so that's what i'm going by.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

darth-pyschosis
Yeah that would be great and all, but your still thinking too short sighted. Because yeah the 3DS can be a little free advertisement tool, always in peoples pocket, that is very true. But people just bought the 3DS and lets say 2 games, their not going to have any money to buy the Wii games. By the time you recover from holiday spending in like February, those games will be old news, it will be time for the next big thing. With Black and White right around the corner and that will be Nintendo's focus, the spill over from Q4, like DS2 and DA2, not to mention 2011 is the year of Skyward Sword and it can come Galaxy 2 early, those games still fall through the cracks. Those Q4 games that don't catch on, are generally forgotten by Q1, its generally too late for them. So regardless, the 3DS releasing this fall, will all but kill the Wii holiday lineup, I don't see why they wouldn't just hold back those games if they were going to release the 3DS instead of competing against themselves. But since they went with the games, the 3DS would come out next year. But that is only for the US, I do believe the 3DS will drop this year, just not in the US.
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

Sepewrath

Yeah that would be great and all, but your still thinking too short sighted. Because yeah the 3DS can be a little free advertisement tool, always in peoples pocket, that is very true. But people just bought the 3DS and lets say 2 games, their not going to have any money to buy the Wii games. By the time you recover from holiday spending in like February, those games will be old news, it will be time for the next big thing. With Black and White right around the corner and that will be Nintendo's focus, the spill over from Q4, like DS2 and DA2, not to mention 2011 is the year of Skyward Sword and it can come Galaxy 2 early, those games still fall through the cracks. Those Q4 games that don't catch on, are generally forgotten by Q1, its generally too late for them. So regardless, the 3DS releasing this fall, will all but kill the Wii holiday lineup, I don't see why they wouldn't just hold back those games if they were going to release the 3DS instead of competing against themselves. But since they went with the games, the 3DS would come out next year. But that is only for the US, I do believe the 3DS will drop this year, just not in the US.

That makes sense because Nintendo actually has a holiday line up this year