blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

I'm a bit confused about the 3ds and the switch lite. I already have a switch, and a 3ds, and I haven't heard any news about a next gen DS so does that mean switch lite is carrying the torch going forward?? I honestly don't like that, and prefer the dual screen setup. I think Nintendo should release a handheld based on the foldable Samsung, it would sell like hotcakes.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Give the Switch Lite the very same media capabilities (i.e. internet surfing) and you can have a genuine 3DS successor which was/is quite functional through out many levels.

Atomic1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Atomic1977
Member since 2004 • 342 Posts

Considering that the lite plays switch only games. The 3DS is the last system to play DS games and they are not backwards compatible going forward. So in the current term the DS line is basically dead.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@Solaryellow: It needs a second screen. Going back to one screen is just going backwards. Though I got to give it to Nintendo for milking their fan base and cheating out on manufacturing cost

Atomic1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Atomic1977
Member since 2004 • 342 Posts

I like my Switch Lite. I had a DSi and a normal DS a long time ago I liked it but never really liked the 2 screen factor. I think the Switch Lite being capable of playing a lot of the Switch games and being a more powerful system than the previous system makes it the new handheld going forward.

prishmayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By prishmayo
Member since 2024 • 1 Posts

i so wish nintendo hadnt gotten rid of the 3ds systems. I love the 3ds and mine are both getting kinda old. but everything i look up suggests theyll probably never go back since the switch exists, so heres my proposition to nintendo. Please please please please please make a new ds system that follows up the 3ds and can play 3ds games, ds games, and gba games and just make it like a beast, awesome battery, well built, all that jazz. and then dont make it some cancerous limited edition cringe thats gonna get scalped and back like everything else you guys make, release them at a decent rate over several years so everyone has a chance to get them. thats what im wishing for. probably never gonna happen but i think itd be cool.

https://9apps.ooo/