3DS Pokemon: What will be first? Gen VI or Gen III Remakes?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Defy_The_Fallen
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Defy_The_Fallen
Member since 2011 • 621 Posts

So we are all hoping for remakes of the 3rd generation GBA games on the 3DS, but do you reckon they'll be released before or after the newer generation? Of course we still have Black and White 2 to go...

My thoughts are that unfortunately, the remakes will come second as that is what they have done previously. Gen IV came out before the Gen II remakes, and Gen III came out before the Gen I remakes. However they may use Gen III remakes as an excuse to test out the 3DS's potential for a pokémon game, and then use what they find to make Gen VI as perfect as it can be.

So what do you think?

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Why in the world does everyone want remakes of Gen 3 so badly, and why are they so assured that it's a certain thing? Boggles my mind... I don't see a reason for them at all; it's just going to distract the dev team from making something new (I remember some people were actually angry about B&W2 when the announcement wasn't for RSE remakes).
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Defy_The_Fallen

Why in the world does everyone want remakes of Gen 3 so badly, and why are they so assured that it's a certain thing? Boggles my mind... I don't see a reason for them at all; it's just going to distract the dev team from making something new (I remember some people were actually angry about B&W2 when the announcement wasn't for RSE remakes).MAILER_DAEMON

Gen III is a favourite amongst fans of pokémon (apart from people that feel the need to only like the original 151), so it's only natural that people want remakes of them. It also fits the pattern that they've set over the years (2 Generations, Remake, 2 Generations, Remake).

And if there were people angry at that, they're silly, I don't think anyone expected remake announcements then. If anything we expected Pokémon Grey, so these sequels were a nice touch.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Weren't there rumors that B/W was gonna be a trilogy?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
We're coming up on the 10th anniversery...if Gamefreak is doing them its either going to be soon, or a long way off. They will do them though. For the money.
Its3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Its3D
Member since 2012 • 33 Posts
Gen 6 , I want it now, please, now.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]Why in the world does everyone want remakes of Gen 3 so badly, and why are they so assured that it's a certain thing? Boggles my mind... I don't see a reason for them at all; it's just going to distract the dev team from making something new (I remember some people were actually angry about B&W2 when the announcement wasn't for RSE remakes).Defy_The_Fallen

Gen III is a favourite amongst fans of pokémon (apart from people that feel the need to only like the original 151), so it's only natural that people want remakes of them. It also fits the pattern that they've set over the years (2 Generations, Remake, 2 Generations, Remake).

And if there were people angry at that, they're silly, I don't think anyone expected remake announcements then. If anything we expected Pokémon Grey, so these sequels were a nice touch.

The impetus behind the Gen 1 and Gen 2 remakes wasn't to establish a pattern, though. It was because of hardware incompatibility that made it impossible to transfer 'mons from any of those games forward. On the other hand, you can use a classic DS or DS Lite to transfer Gen 1 and Gen 3 'mons to DPPt and HGSS, which in turn can go to BW. Now's the time to move forward, not go backward... and yes, some people weren't just expecting remakes, but convinced of them. Others were upset that they were sequels instead of Grey (which is a fine example of bucking the trend, just like Gen V in general is with not moving on up in hardware yet).
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
the remakes are based on the latest gen. making a gen 3 remake based on gen 5 wouldn't make sense, so if i had to guess, gen 6 will come first.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I don't care about the remakes. Just give Gen6 already.
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Defy_The_Fallen

[QUOTE="Defy_The_Fallen"]

[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]Why in the world does everyone want remakes of Gen 3 so badly, and why are they so assured that it's a certain thing? Boggles my mind... I don't see a reason for them at all; it's just going to distract the dev team from making something new (I remember some people were actually angry about B&W2 when the announcement wasn't for RSE remakes).MAILER_DAEMON

The impetus behind the Gen 1 and Gen 2 remakes wasn't to establish a pattern, though. It was because of hardware incompatibility that made it impossible to transfer 'mons from any of those games forward. On the other hand, you can use a classic DS or DS Lite to transfer Gen 1 and Gen 3 'mons to DPPt and HGSS, which in turn can go to BW. Now's the time to move forward, not go backward... and yes, some people weren't just expecting remakes, but convinced of them. Others were upset that they were sequels instead of Grey (which is a fine example of bucking the trend, just like Gen V in general is with not moving on up in hardware yet).

Oh of course, I didn't mean to say the pattern was deliberately thought out by Gamefreak, but it is logical. I'm still convinced there will be a remake, if anything to grab some money and keep the fans happy. Whether or not people want them is entirely there opinion, personally I'd love them as Gen III is my favourite, but I have nothing against people not wanting remakes.

I wouldn't have minded if it was pokémon grey, but the sequels were great news as it's something new they haven't tried before which gives them room to make some improvements, despite the fact they haven't moved the games to there latest hardware yet (I think it makes sense that they didn't anyway, they're keeping the Gen V games on one platform as the majority of pokemon fans are holding off from buying the 3DS until a new pokemon gen / remake is announced for it).

If anything, I'd like to see a remake of just Emerald.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I don't really care as long as I get a 3DS pokemon game, but it would be awesome experiencing Hoenn again, but with updated graphics and Gen V features.
Even though Hoenn remakes won't be needed for pokedex completion, it would still sell millions and satisfy many fans. It would also give GameFreak an excuse to try out new things that weren't implemented in BW/B2W2 (FireRed and LeafGreen introduced wireless and the Vs.Seeker, HeartGold and SoulSilver introduced berry pots, the Pokewalker, customizable Safari Zone, etc.).

edit

However, Gen VI will obviously sell more than the Hoenn remakes (the start of a new gen always does) and GameFreak wouldn't be limited to Gen V connectivity. Now that I think about it, I would rather have Hoenn remakes after the release of Gen VI. Remakes do not have to be released exactly 10 years after the originals (FireRed and LeafGreen were released 8 years after Red and Blue).

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
Well Gen V and a Gen V sequel will come out first. I could see a Gen VI come first since the 3DS is a new console and they will definitely bring in new elements and they would more likely bring new elements to a new game and not a remake, but if the trend is as you say then it is now time for a remake since Gen V just released.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Forget the remakes and just move on. And when they do Gen VI, I would like to see them ignore the standard practice of creating a whole new set of Pokemon, because clearly they are running out of ideas. So instead of them making like a Burger or something into a Pokemon. I would like to see them either just scatter a select number of Pokemon from each generation or maybe like make new versions of old Pokemon i.e a Growlithe that is slightly different, because its in a different part of the world. Obviously go 3D with 3D battles, maybe animated cutscenes and call it a day.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
gen 6 plz..... hate these remakes.
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Defy_The_Fallen

Forget the remakes and just move on. And when they do Gen VI, I would like to see them ignore the standard practice of creating a whole new set of Pokemon, because clearly they are running out of ideas. So instead of them making like a Burger or something into a Pokemon. I would like to see them either just scatter a select number of Pokemon from each generation or maybe like make new versions of old Pokemon i.e a Growlithe that is slightly different, because its in a different part of the world. Obviously go 3D with 3D battles, maybe animated cutscenes and call it a day. Sepewrath

I'd rather them leave the series for a while than do that, i'd hate it. I don't see where people got the thought that they're running out of ideas from anyway, all the Gen V pokémon are still as unique and interesting as previous generations. I think some people just get so attached to the previous Gen(s) pokémon that they don't want to move onto the new ones.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
I hope they never remake Gen 3, It was terrible. The Pokemon weren't great (there are a few good ones, but on the whole it's the worst gen, even 5 is better), and Hoenn is easily the worst designed region of them all, especially at the end when you are forced to spend the last half of the game doing nothing but surfing. Never want to play that game again, it's enough to put me off playing Pokemon for life.
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

Nintendo will pick the least popular option so they can piss off the maximum amount of people. That option isn't always the easiest, but Nintendo is the kind of company where, if they are gonna do something (wrong,) they are gonna go HARD wrong. Its tough to see what that is, but I'd guess remake would piss off more people. We've got a new gen of pokemon people got used to, so making a game where you can't use them would mess with the hardcores who probably got already tired of Gen 3 competitions. I think more people want Grey for 3DS, and I'm among the people who are livid that there still isn't a pokemon game even ANNOUNCED for it. We're probably 2 years from a 3DS pokemon title looking at their turning Black into a trilogy.

Whatever Nintendo does, I bet it will be a DS game too, just to give the maximum middle finger to 3DS gamers.

Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Defy_The_Fallen

Well this thread certainly has opened my eyes, everywhere I've been people have wanted remakes of Gen III, this is first place where people have actually strongly gone against it.

I hope they never remake Gen 3, It was terrible. The Pokemon weren't great (there are a few good ones, but on the whole it's the worst gen, even 5 is better), and Hoenn is easily the worst designed region of them all, especially at the end when you are forced to spend the last half of the game doing nothing but surfing. Never want to play that game again, it's enough to put me off playing Pokemon for life.spike6958

I'm not even going to start on this, just reading it makes me want to scream...

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sepewrath

I'd rather them leave the series for a while than do that, i'd hate it. I don't see where people got the thought that they're running out of ideas from anyway, all the Gen V pokémon are still as unique and interesting as previous generations. I think some people just get so attached to the previous Gen(s) pokémon that they don't want to move onto the new ones.

Defy_The_Fallen
An ice cream cone? A coffin? lol. Its not hard to be unique, but the Pokemon were mostly based on real world animals and now they are just throwing random things out there. They may not be out of ideas, but the Pokedex has become over saturated, there are simply too many Pokemon. I don't the series needs to left for awhile, I think they should spend less time on making ice cream into Pokemon and more time on restructuring the core mechanics.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ANIMEguy10034

An ice cream cone? A coffin? lol. Its not hard to be unique, but the Pokemon were mostly based on real world animals and now they are just throwing random things out there. They may not be out of ideas, but the Pokedex has become over saturated, there are simply too many Pokemon. I don't the series needs to left for awhile, I think they should spend less time on making ice cream into Pokemon and more time on restructuring the core mechanics. Sepewrath

I agree that they should change the formula, but I still want more pokemon. It's refreshing seeing new pokemon, training a pokemon you've never trained before and discovering new favorites. New pokemon is one of the biggest selling points for a new generation. Even if they mix it up, encountering the same pokemon we've seen and trained for all these years will get old.

Also, every generation has its oddities. Gen V's designs are just as good as any other generation.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]An ice cream cone? A coffin? lol. Its not hard to be unique, but the Pokemon were mostly based on real world animals and now they are just throwing random things out there. They may not be out of ideas, but the Pokedex has become over saturated, there are simply too many Pokemon. I don't the series needs to left for awhile, I think they should spend less time on making ice cream into Pokemon and more time on restructuring the core mechanics. ANIMEguy10034

I agree that they should change the formula, but I still want more pokemon. It's refreshing seeing new pokemon, training a pokemon you've never trained before and discovering new favorites. New pokemon is one of the biggest selling points for a new generation. Even if they mix it up, encountering the same pokemon we've seen and trained for all these years will get old.

Also, every generation has its oddities. Gen V's designs are just as good as any other generation.

maybe new pokemon are one of the biggest selling points because that's just about it. the game needs more to attract new sales than "look here are 150 more".
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sepewrath
The only thing about the formula I think needs to be changed is the overflow of new Pokemon and granting the ability to do more than 4 moves. The new Pokemon are just becoming simple analogs at this point. Zubat by any other name is still Zubat.
cyraxkilawatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cyraxkilawatt
Member since 2006 • 4833 Posts

Typically it's a new gen when there is a new handheld

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ANIMEguy10034

maybe new pokemon are one of the biggest selling points because that's just about it. the game needs more to attract new sales than "look here are 150 more".BrunoBRS

Touché. :P

The only thing about the formula I think needs to be changed is the overflow of new Pokemon and granting the ability to do more than 4 moves. The new Pokemon are just becoming simple analogs at this point. Zubat by any other name is still Zubat. Sepewrath

One side of me wants more than 4 moves, but another side does not. Having more than 4 moves will be extremely useful, but it would ruin the strategy of competitive battles. With 5 moves or more, a pokemon like MewTwo will be able to cover all its weaknesses while carrying a STAB move.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Rod90

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]An ice cream cone? A coffin? lol. Its not hard to be unique, but the Pokemon were mostly based on real world animals and now they are just throwing random things out there. They may not be out of ideas, but the Pokedex has become over saturated, there are simply too many Pokemon. I don't the series needs to left for awhile, I think they should spend less time on making ice cream into Pokemon and more time on restructuring the core mechanics. ANIMEguy10034

Gen V's designs are just as good as any other generation.

Really? Urrgh.

The 5th gen pokemon are ice-creams with faces, monkey eevees, a big gus, flying pikachu rip-off, a polar bear with an erection, a mushroom with a pokeball head (poke balls were invented by humans... why this natural monster has a head of something human made???), a gear with eyes, a teddy-bear with flu, etc.

And most of the rest look generic.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ANIMEguy10034

Really? Urrgh.

The 5th gen pokemon are ice-creams with faces, monkey eevees, a big gus, flying pikachu rip-off, a polar bear with an erection, a mushroom with a pokeball head (poke balls were invented by humans... why this natural monster has a head of something human made???), a gear with eyes, a teddy-bear with flu, etc.

Rod90

I could say the same for any generation. :P

Gen I:

The generic fire breathing dragon, a blue turtle, a caterpillar, a butterfly, a purple rat, a purple cobra, the common nine-tailed fox in Japanese, Korean and Chinese mythology, a bat without eyes, a moth, a cat, rocks with arms and a face, horses with flames as hair, magnets with eyeballs, a seal, purple sludge with a face, crabs, pokeballs with faces, bull, eggs with faces, a goldfish, a sea horse.

Gen II:

Owls, spider, ladybug, a ferret, dragonfly, mini-pikachu, sunflower, a purple monkey, a crow with a hat, a puffer fish, a stag beetle, a bear and its cub, red octopus, manta ray, an elk, a pink cow, a pink dog, another sea horse

Gen III:

Raccoon, caterpillars, another butterfly, another moth, seagulls, cicada, pink and purple cats, sloth, 2 pichu look-alikes, piranhas, shark, whale, purple pig, snake, the moon, the sun, chameleon, walrus, clam, crayfish.

Gen IV:

Tortoise, monkey, penguin, starling, beaver, bees, a white squirrel, another moth, a crow with a hat, bunnies, purple monkey, skunk, a parrot, hippopotamus, more generic looking fishes, mini manta ray, scorpion.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BrunoBRS
The only thing about the formula I think needs to be changed is the overflow of new Pokemon and granting the ability to do more than 4 moves. The new Pokemon are just becoming simple analogs at this point. Zubat by any other name is still Zubat. Sepewrath
learning more than four moves would break the gameplay. what they could do instead, is "equip" four moves, and have access to all moves already learned. it would keep the combat balance intact while allowing players to play around with builds and new moves.
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

Doesn't deserve a remake in my opinion. Bring a new game with new mechanics, new graphics and new everything except no new monsters.

Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Defy_The_Fallen

[QUOTE="Rod90"]

Really? Urrgh.

ANIMEguy10034

Gen I:

The generic fire breathing dragon, a blue turtle, a caterpillar, a butterfly, a purple rat, a purple cobra, the common nine-tailed fox in Japanese, Korean and Chinese mythology, a bat without eyes, a moth, a cat, rocks with arms and a face, horses with flames as hair, magnets with eyeballs, a seal, purple sludge with a face, crabs, pokeballs with faces, bull, eggs with faces, a goldfish, a sea horse.

Gen II:

Owls, spider, ladybug, a ferret, dragonfly, mini-pikachu, sunflower, a purple monkey, a crow with a hat, a puffer fish, a stag beetle, a bear and its cub, red octopus, manta ray, an elk, a pink cow, a pink dog, another sea horse

Gen III:

Raccoon, caterpillars, another butterfly, another moth, seagulls, cicada, pink and purple cats, sloth, 2 pichu look-alikes, piranhas, shark, whale, purple pig, snake, the moon, the sun, chameleon, walrus, clam, crayfish.

Gen IV:

Tortoise, monkey, penguin, starling, beaver, bees, a white squirrel, another moth, a crow with a hat, bunnies, purple monkey, skunk, a parrot, hippopotamus, more generic looking fishes, mini manta ray, scorpion.

Very well said :lol:

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rod90

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

[QUOTE="Rod90"]

Really? Urrgh.

Defy_The_Fallen

Gen I:

Gen II:

Gen III:

Gen IV:

Very well said :lol:

Really? The reply makes no sense. Pokemon ARE based on animals... nobody can deny you that. And how can you compare Charizard with Vanilla-mon?

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

Most likely Generation 6. But it might depend on how well HeartGold & SoulSilver sold that we will ever see a Generation 3 remakes.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#32 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I don't think Gen III is getting remakes honestly. It's possible, in some way, to transer Pokemon from Gen III to current gen games. It's certainly possible that the only reason Gen I and II remakes were even made were so that it was Pokemon from those regions could be transferred to current gen games. Otherwise it's my understanding that there is a BW trilogy that will stay on the DS. Once that's finished, I really doubt they would follow it up with a remake to introduce Pokemon to the 3DS. Gen VI just seems like the most likely 3DS Pokemon entry.

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nintendofreak_2

what they could do instead, is "equip" four moves, and have access to all moves already learned. it would keep the combat balance intact while allowing players to play around with builds and new moves.BrunoBRS
I think Gamefreak would argue that having Move Relearners does allow them to do that. >___>

Really I can't see anyway way to change up the gameplay without breaking the core mechanics that have made the game so popular. It's simplicity yet chess like depth and strategy are what has allowed it to be easy for people to learn and having an involved competitive community the way it does. I'd sauggest something like having Radiant Historia style battles, but I feel like that would kill the apparent simplicity of the battles too much. As much as people pine for 3D battles, all they would do is add more visual flair. Nothing would change gameplay wise.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ANIMEguy10034

Really? Urrgh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really? The reply makes no sense. Pokemon ARE based on animals... nobody can deny you that. And how can you compare Charizard with Vanilla-mon?

Rod90

It does make sense. You included simple animal-based pokemon in your Gen V list and I did the same. You also included the Vanilluxe and Klinklang family in your list so I also included Gen I pokemon that are based on inanimate objects.

Visual:[spoiler] Sludge with a face
088Grimer.png

Garbage with a face
568Trubbish.png

Magnets with a face
081Magnemite.png

Gears with a face
599Klink.png

Eggs with a face
102Exeggcute.png

Ice cream with a face
584Vanilluxe.png

Pokeball-looking ball with a face

100Voltorb.png

[/spoiler]

I put Charizard on the list because his design, like many other pokemon, is simple and generic. It still doesn't mean it's a bad design.

006Charizard.png

Looks like any other fire-breathing dragon to me.

Gen V is not the only generation with bad designs, simple designs, and generic designs. Every generation has them. We're obviously going to criticize newer pokemon because we're not used to them, but if we take a deep breath and actually get to know these pokemon, they will grow on us.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rod90
I'm not saying "uhhh gen1 is the only true gen, all the other pokemon are garbage blablabla". No. I saying that in Gen 5 v/s Gen1-2-3-4 have a clear difference in terms of the design quality. I'm not talking about gameplay, just the pokemon sprites.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]what they could do instead, is "equip" four moves, and have access to all moves already learned. it would keep the combat balance intact while allowing players to play around with builds and new moves.nintendofreak_2

I think Gamefreak would argue that having Move Relearners does allow them to do that. >___>

Really I can't see anyway way to change up the gameplay without breaking the core mechanics that have made the game so popular. It's simplicity yet chess like depth and strategy are what has allowed it to be easy for people to learn and having an involved competitive community the way it does. I'd sauggest something like having Radiant Historia style battles, but I feel like that would kill the apparent simplicity of the battles too much. As much as people pine for 3D battles, all they would do is add more visual flair. Nothing would change gameplay wise.

move relearners are stuck in a city, you have to go all the way to them, and they charge you a rare item for it. and people want visual flair. the battles in pokemon look dead, like nothing's actually happen. they just stand idle as stuff goes on around them.
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

I'm gonna say it.

Are you ready?

There will be no.Gen.III.remakes!

:)

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ANIMEguy10034

I'm not saying "uhhh gen1 is the only true gen, all the other pokemon are garbage blablabla". No. I saying that in Gen 5 v/s Gen1-2-3-4 have a clear difference in terms of the design quality. I'm not talking about gameplay, just the pokemon sprites. Rod90

I'm not talking about gameplay either. :P

While it's true that different designers worked on Gen V's designs, its overall quality is not inferior or superior to previous gens.

You directly attacked some Unova pokemon here:
[spoiler]

Really? Urrgh.

Rod90

[/spoiler]
and I directly responded by giving similar examples of pokemon from previous generations. I chose the inanimate objects with faces from Gen I since they can be easily compared to the inanimate objects with faces in Gen V.

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nintendofreak_2

move relearners are stuck in a city, you have to go all the way to them, and they charge you a rare item for it. and people want visual flair. the battles in pokemon look dead, like nothing's actually happen. they just stand idle as stuff goes on around them.BrunoBRS
Agreed. I hate how they handle it, but that's probably what they would argue if you asked them.

I certainly wouldn't mind more visual flair, but it's not going to change anything as far as gameplay is concerned. It's still going to be the same battles, they'll just be cooler to watch.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts
Remake? Why would I want that? Make a new Pokémon.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GreekGameManiac

Remake? Why would I want that? Make a new Pokémon.Litchie

Thank you.

Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Defy_The_Fallen

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]move relearners are stuck in a city, you have to go all the way to them, and they charge you a rare item for it. and people want visual flair. the battles in pokemon look dead, like nothing's actually happen. they just stand idle as stuff goes on around them.nintendofreak_2

Agreed. I hate how they handle it, but that's probably what they would argue if you asked them.

I certainly wouldn't mind more visual flair, but it's not going to change anything as far as gameplay is concerned. It's still going to be the same battles, they'll just be cooler to watch.

With the limitations of the DS more 'visual flair' isn't really achievable. The 3DS however, could use battle systems from the gamecube games and have that proper 3D environment which would work great for the console, as well as adding the 'visual flair' needed. I reckon they should do Gen VI entirely in the style of the gamecube games, but of course following the traditions of the handheld games instead of making up silly things like the shadow pokemon...

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

I don't think they will remake the 3rd Gen.

I'm also sure when Black & White 2 were announced they said it was going to be a trilogy of games, if so they're probobly working on the 3rd part right now, and after it's finished it would be time for Gen VI, which will be on the 3DS.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]move relearners are stuck in a city, you have to go all the way to them, and they charge you a rare item for it. and people want visual flair. the battles in pokemon look dead, like nothing's actually happen. they just stand idle as stuff goes on around them.Defy_The_Fallen

With the limitations of the DS more 'visual flair' isn't really achievable. The 3DS however, could use battle systems from the gamecube games and have that proper 3D environment which would work great for the console, as well as adding the 'visual flair' needed. I reckon they should do Gen VI entirely in the style of the gamecube games, but of course following the traditions of the handheld games instead of making up silly things like the shadow pokemon...

limitations of the DS my ass. golden sun is a GBA game with more visual flair to the battles. all they need to do is make it look like the pokemon are actually fighting, not standing idle as special effects go on around them.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]Agreed. I hate how they handle it, but that's probably what they would argue if you asked them.

BrunoBRS

limitations of the DS my ass. golden sun is a GBA game with more visual flair to the battles. all they need to do is make it look like the pokemon are actually fighting, not standing idle as special effects go on around them.

They're not exactly standing idle. In gen 5 they move around atleast
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
There is no need for a Gen III remake. It would be a waste of time.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GreekGameManiac

There is no need for a Gen III remake. It would be a waste of time. Toxic-Seahorse

Yes! yes it would!

Just give us Emerald via eShop.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

Shinobishyguy

They're not exactly standing idle. In gen 5 they move around atleast

they stand idle in gen 5. animated, but still idle. and it's not like you need a different animation for every attack. golden sun had like 2 or 3 attack animations, one "taken damage" animation, and one death animation (since in golden sun the characters stick around when dead). all i'm asking is something that a freaking GBA game could do.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]There is no need for a Gen III remake. It would be a waste of time. GreekGameManiac

Yes! yes it would!

Just give us Emerald via eShop.

That would be the best scenario. They should have all the Pokemon games on the eshop. I have no idea why Nintendo won't do it, it's not like they make any money selling copied of the gb/gbc/gba pokemon games anymore.
inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

I love pokemon but looking at it objectively they will try to milk te franchise meaning following their current pattern a remake, new gen, remake, new gen,