3DS Info Thread (e-Shop releases, Games, Pics and Vids!) *Last Updated: SEP 22

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#401 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

[QUOTE="Kirbside"]

:roll: Shin Megami Tensei: Devuk Survivor Overclocked would like a word with you

WreckEm711

Adding 1 game doesn't exactly disprove the sentiment to what he's asking.

Besides, I meant an RPG that I can get from simply walking into a local game store, not imported...
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#402 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

~Thread Updated!~

It's been a while since my last thread update post, sorry about that.

I plan to post more often, whether it's a thread update or just recent news.

Thanks again for all the support everyone!

I have been less than impressed with the latest eShop releases :( Where are all the GB VC games?Kaze_no_Mirai

True. Compared to the past few months, the recent releases haven't been anything super amazing, but I hope the release flow improves as we get closer to E3.

Where are the RPG's for 3DS? Besides Tales of Abyss, there doesn't seem to be any others out...:(tocool340

There aren't many RPGs available in stores for 3DS right now, but (besides Tales of the Abyss) one I've seen recommended by others a lot is Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, which was released in North America last year.

There have been quite a few RPGs announced for 3DS such as:

Heroes of Ruin - Loot based Dungeon crawler/Action RPG - Dated as a June title
Kingdom Hearts 3D: D.D.D - Action RPG - Dated as a July title
Bravely Default: FF - Turn based RPG - No Date
Fire Emblem: Awakening - Strategy RPG - No Date
Paper Mario (3DS) - Turn based RPG - No Date

Monster Hunter 3G - Action RPG - Said to be a Fall/Holiday title
Etrian Odyssey IV - Turn based RPG - No Date
Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D - Turn based RPG - No Date
Beyond the Labyrinth - Real Time/Turn based RPG - No Date
KAIO: King of Pirates - Action RPG - No Date
Fantasy Life - Action RPG/Life Simulation - No Date

The only problem is that most of them don't have release dates or localization announcements. I personally feel each one has about a 70% chance of localization, so it's mostly a matter of time (if I'm right) and thankfully E3 is right around the corner.

~Game Updates~

This week's e-Shop releases have been added to page 1.

The Fire Emblem: Awakening section (on page 1) has been updated with more info and trailers.

The Heroes of Ruin section (on page 4) has been updated with 1 new video.

Kid Icarus: Uprising is available now, that means its section has been removed from the thread, but you can find its info below.

During the next few weeks I plan to add Etrian Odyssey IV and Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion to the thread if I can find the space.

~Other News~

Miyamoto once cancelled a project made by Rockstar San Diego, formerly called Angel Studios:

"Before making Red Dead Redemption, Rockstar San Diego was an independent developer called Angel Studios. They created the Smuggler's Run series for Rockstar and prior to that they were working with Nintendo."

"Introducing Buggy Boogie. The game, as explained in an interview with a former developer, had vehicles that would eat other vehicles and adopt their powers. Kind of sounds like Twisted Metal meets Mega Man with Miyamoto's guidance. Miyamoto checked out the game, but didn't feel it was "fun" and asked Angel Studios to can the project in favor of a fantasy golf game. You can see what remains of Buggy Boogie here." - Siliconera.com

Here's part of a Gamasutra interview with a developer that worked at the studio during that project:

"When I was working on the Dream Team [at Angel Studios], they wanted us to do this DNA-based driving game called Buggy Boogie. You had these vehicles that would eat other vehicles and adopt their powers and morph. It was really cool. But they would sign three month contracts, and Miyamoto himself would say that he did not want any documents. He would just say, "Find the fun, and I'll be back in three months to take a look at what you have."

We went through about three iterations of that. We busted our hump trying different things, but at the end of it, he kept coming back and saying that it wasn't there, and it wasn't fun. We were a new company that didn't know how to make games. After about six or nine months, he came back and said, "You guys have really worked hard, and we see the progress, but we're not seeing the product. But another opportunity has come up for a fantasy golf game, so why don't you guys work on that? In three months, we'll be back. Show us a golf game."

So rather than getting pissed off at us and canceling the contract after two years and millions of dollars, they spent just a tiny fraction of that with a small team and said, "Well, it was just a bad idea." It maintained the relationship with them, so we could go off and do something else." - Clinton Keith, former Angel Studios developer

Go here to read the full story: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/18/angel-studios-now-rockstar-san-diego-worked-on-an-unreleased-game-with-miyamoto/
Go here for the Interview (quote is on page 3): http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/129945/high_moon_shining_inside_sierras_.php

Resident Evil: Revelations producer would like to make more RE titles for 3DS:

"The incredibly positive fan reaction to Revelations has definitely given me motivation to make another 3DS RE title. I have some ideas in mind. However, I have a lot of other projects that need to be taken care of first. I must admit, hearing players say how much they enjoyed Revelations does kind of make me want to forget the other projects and get stuck right into making another RE game for fans to enjoy (laughs)." - Masachika Kawata, Resident Evil: Revelations producer

Go here to read the full story: http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1219750p1.html

Nicalis shows off Ikachan via Destructoid, also teases Wii-U/3DS project:

"First we have the first look at Ikachan for DSiWare, an enhanced remake of the original PC Freeware game by Cave Story creator Daisuke Amaya. We also have the first tease of Nicalis's upcoming Wii U/3DS game. Rumor has it will be some sort of multiplayer thing, and that it will be awesome." - Destructoid.com

Go here to see the full interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvB8bAgyvCA

Rayman: Origins has been delayed on 3DS:

"Ubisoft confirmed the delay of Rayman Origins for Nintendo 3DS. The game will now ship in June 2012 worldwide." - GameInformer.com

SOURCE: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/16/rayman-origins-3ds-delayed-to-june.aspx

Nexon devolping titles for 3DS, including MapleStory 3DS:

"Nexon, developer of MapleStory and Kart Rider, is developing 3DS software. One title from this partnership was announced – MapleStory 3DS." - Siliconera.com

SOURCE: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/09/maplestory-and-other-nexon-games-coming-to-3ds/

UFO Interactive announces new e-Shop title Johnny Kung Fu:

"UFO Interactive Games, Inc., a leading publisher of interactive entertainment, proudly announces Johnny Kung Fu™ for the Nintendo 3DS™ eShop. Johnny Kung Fu™ is an old school action game that mixes the old with the new! Designed and developed by UFO Interactive Games internally, Johnny Kung Fu™ puts you into the Kung Fu garb of a seemingly everyday man Johnny.

The local organized crime group Mr. Wang, led by the mysterious man known as Mr. Wang, seems to have a bone to pick with Johnny and has captured his girlfriend Paula. Knowing that an ambush awaits him, Johnny chases the kidnappers into one of Mr. Wang's hideout towers regardless. Will Johnny be able to save Paula? Or will the Mr. Wang Gang prevail? Johnny Kung Fu™ is set for release May of 2012." - Official Press Release

Johnny Kung Fu - Official Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1sxwi2smX4

SOURCE: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=173720

~Now At Retail~

Kid Icarus: Uprising

INFO:

- Designed by Masashiro Sakurai – creator of Kirby and Super Smash Bros
- The game includes fully-voiced levels and an amazing soundtrack
- Each Chapter delivers nonstop action and is broken up into two sections: Air Battle and Land Battle
- In Air Battle the action unfolds like a dynamic guided shooter
- When Pit is facing enemies in Land Battle, the gameplay handles more like a third-person shooter
- Collect different weapons and learn the unique characteristics of each weapon type as you determine which weapon is best suited for each battle

- Supports Local and Online multiplayer battle modes [3-vs-3 and Battle Royal]
- Experience an innovative take on multiplayer battles in Light vs. Dark, as two teams of 3 battle on land whittling away at the other team's health meter each time a team member is defeated
- The team battle then changes to a man-hunt once one team's meter is emptied
- The opposing team must target the other team's lone angel to win the match
- Using the built-in 3D camera on the Nintendo 3DS system, the game recognizes countless specially designed AR Cards, with animated game characters popping up in 3D on the game screen and even battling each other when two cards face off
- The game's intuitive, default control setup has players hold the system in their left hand, while the right hand uses the stylus on the touch screen for targeting
- Players can move Pit with the circle pad or ABXY buttons
- Circle Pad Pro is an option as well (for left-handed players)
- Move the targeting reticule with the touch screen, D-pad or ABXY buttons
- Another option screen lets you set what the rest of the buttons do
- The controls are simple enough to be grasped quickly, but offer layers of depth and strategy for advanced maneuvers

PICS:

More Pics

VIDS:

(Youtube) 2011 Nintendo conference Trailer
(Youtube) Enemies, Weapons and AR Cards Trailer
(Youtube) 7 Minutes Of Gameplay From Demo Chapter 1
(Youtube) 10 Minutes Of Gameplay From Demo Chapter 2
(Youtube) 8 Minutes Of Gameplay From Demo Capter 3
(Youtube) Gameplay Snippet
(Youtube) English Gameplay Trailer
(Youtube) Intensity Trailer
(Youtube) Weapons Trailer
(Youtube) English Multiplayer Details & Gameplay
(Youtube) Three Sacred Treasures *Spoilers*
(Youtube) Medusa Trailer
(Youtube) First North American Commercial

Nintendo Video Kid Icarus Anime Shorts

(Youtube) Thanatos Rising Part 1
(Youtube) Thanatos Rising Part 2
(Youtube) Thanatos Rising Part 3

(Youtube) Medusa's Revenge

(Youtube) Palutena's Revolting Dinner Part 1
(Youtube) Palutena's Revolting Dinner Part 2

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#403 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Jolly! We've missed you :O I think that once E3 comes around the corner, you should make a similar topic in the Wii U forum titled "Wii U Info thread (shop releases, games, Pics and Vids!) ;) I think it would be a hit.

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

[QUOTE="sailor232"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Super Mario 3D Land is f'ing 10/10 worthy. This game is perfect in damn near every way.

ChubbyGuy40

Yip, it just came out today in New Zealnd and picked it up about 5 hours ago, had to put it down because the 3ds battery died on me LOL. I could had plugged it in but I was so addicted to finish a level that I couldnt tear myself from the couch. Do you play it with the 3d depth or pop out??

Pop-out for me. Depth looks better in some scenarios, but pop-out provides the 3D effect I like. The game is so damn amazing that I'd rate it up there with SMG1/2.

how do you change that?
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="sailor232"]

Yip, it just came out today in New Zealnd and picked it up about 5 hours ago, had to put it down because the 3ds battery died on me LOL. I could had plugged it in but I was so addicted to finish a level that I couldnt tear myself from the couch. Do you play it with the 3d depth or pop out??

Djmaster214

Pop-out for me. Depth looks better in some scenarios, but pop-out provides the 3D effect I like. The game is so damn amazing that I'd rate it up there with SMG1/2.

how do you change that?

Theres an option while you're playing the game as long as you have the 3D effect on. I haven't played it in so long I don't recall if you have to press a button or tap te touch screen. Just look for it on both screens it shouldn't be hard to find it :P If you can't look for it in the instruction manual
GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#406 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

[QUOTE="Djmaster214"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Kaze_no_Mirai

how do you change that?

Theres an option while you're playing the game as long as you have the 3D effect on. I haven't played it in so long I don't recall if you have to press a button or tap te touch screen. Just look for it on both screens it shouldn't be hard to find it :P If you can't look for it in the instruction manual

Use the D-pad I beleive.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I haven't looked in on this thread since page 17... What's the haps on Dynasty Warriors vs? I saw Hayabusa(okay), Ayane(whatever), Yukimura(awesome), Mitsunari(less awesome) and Kanetsugu(WEAK!) were all added to the roster. Any other additions since then?
Avatar image for GamespotSux_IKR
GamespotSux_IKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 GamespotSux_IKR
Member since 2012 • 66 Posts
That Colors! 3D is realy great~! I enjoy just looking at other people paintings ^^
Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 Regent192
Member since 2009 • 6789 Posts

That Colors! 3D is realy great~! I enjoy just looking at other people paintings ^^GamespotSux_IKR
nice username....

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"][QUOTE="Djmaster214"] how do you change that?GamerEye

Use the D-pad I beleive.

wow thanks guys cant believe iv owned this handheld since launch and never knew! i feel stupid...preciate it tho
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#411 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I wasn't sure where else to post this, but here's a video for the Dragon Quest Monsters Remake. I think everyone should check this out, some of the monsters are the field (and therefore in battle) are Shadow of the Collosus big. It appears that the size of your monsters restrict how many you can bring into battle with you now, so if you want to have a huge monster, you're only going to be able to use that one monster, whereas you could use several small monsters. The game also uses the Scout system that the DQM Joker games use to recruit monsters. Plus the game looks great.

Nostalgia, here I come.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/04/monsters_abound_in_terrys_wonderland_3d_trailer

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#413 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

Jolly! We've missed you :O I think that once E3 comes around the corner, you should make a similar topic in the Wii U forum titled "Wii U Info thread (shop releases, games, Pics and Vids!) ;) I think it would be a hit.

Gamingclone
We think so much alike.
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 GameboyTroy
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]I haven't looked in on this thread since page 17... What's the haps on Dynasty Warriors vs? I saw Hayabusa(okay), Ayane(whatever), Yukimura(awesome), Mitsunari(less awesome) and Kanetsugu(WEAK!) were all added to the roster. Any other additions since then?

When does Dynasty Warriors vs come out anyway?
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 Gamingclone

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

GameboyTroy

We think so much alike.

well you know, great minds think alike.

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 JollyGreenOne

~Thread Updated!~

SiM2vpYHAK0aS9hrajzk4RcEHuA25KCZs_XSqgVu

I gotta say, Penguin Patrol (a recently released DSiWare/e-Shop downloadable) is pretty fun.

The main objective is to collect a certain number of penguins and then make it to the goal, two optional objectives give you the task of saving all the penguins in one level and clearing all ice & penguins in a level (each one you complete earns you a star). It's very simple in the beginning and it shouldn't be too hard to make it past most of the levels if you're not aiming for a 3 star rating, but around level 30 (out of 75) the difficulty starts to increase and it becomes more challenging.

The controls are good (you could play with one hand, since you only need the d-pad), the music is nice (though there are only 2 or 3 tracks, so you'll be hearing them a lot), and the levels are well made (you'll be thankful for the undo button once you reach later stages).

I recommend checking it out if you're looking for a good simple puzzle game. The low price makes it even more inviting.

Release Date: Apr 5, 2012
No. of Players:1 player
Category: Puzzles, Strategy
Publisher:Grab, LLC
Price: 1.99

(The graphical styIe and gameplay reminds me of ice gyms from the Pokemon series)
aFXnIvpClUIlSsToGv_fcjGn3fivj05A.jpgLXktHYesKeFrWe7-3ZQMdWAsXxpUUfIQ.jpg

@Gamingclone & GameboyTroy

:o Would you guys really want to see me make a Wii-U version of this thread? I've been thinking about making 3DS and Wii-U related threads for E3, so I haven't put much thought into making another Info Thread (plus I've been focusing on keeping this one updated). But I wouldn't mind making one for Wii-U if people want it.

@Djmaster214

You probably already have your answer thanks to Kaze and GamerEye, but I'll throw my answer out anyway:

Press up or down on the d-pad while you're in a level to switch 3D views. Up on the d-pad is the default 3D view, pressing down will switch to the "extended-depth" view. (which is supposed to make it easier to feel the depth of the 3D visuals)

@El_Zo1212o

It's confirmed that Link and Zero Suit Samus costumes will be in the game for your customizable character, you'll unlock them by beating the tutorial mode.

l_4f5f2f3e15319.jpgl_4f5f2f3ee2864.jpg

In japan there was a demo release for this game that lets you sample vs mode against the CPU, local multiplayer mode, and a tutorial mode using four generals. The coolest thing about this demo is that it links to the final game. Each time you play the demo, you'll get points which will unlock bonuses in the final game.

And here is the japanese launch trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NATU2yudiQk

No word on a localization yet, but thanks to the Nintendo costumes we may hear something at E3.

@nintendofreak_2

Posting that video here is fine with me, I also think a video like that could use its own topic. I'm sure others would like to see it.

From what I've seen this game is looking good. I had the original version on my Gameboy Color and I ejoyed it, but I think I only made it half way through before getting stuck, so I hope this new version comes over.

~Game Updates~

This week's e-Shop releases have been added to page 1.

Etrian Odyssey IV (page 1) and Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (page 4) have been added to the thread.

The Mario Tennis Open section has been moved to page 1, new details and 1 new trailer have also been added.

I removed specific spoilers from the Kingdom Hearts 3D section.

Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir and Circle Pad Pro are available now, that means their sections have been removed from the thread, but you can find all their info below.

~Other News~

Sega x Capcom x Namco Bandai game revealed as SRPG called Project X Zone (Project Cross Zone):

tumblr_m2byo4cNt41qcxc3d.jpg

"Project X Zone is a strategy RPG featuring characters from the three makers. According to Sinobi, which gets Famitsu in advance, the characters, in general, team up in pairs for fighting scenes."

project-x-zone-20120411103816249.jpgproject-x-zone-20120411103814802.jpg
full(3).jpgproject-x-zone-20120411103816490.jpg

Characters are listed here in their pairings:

Capcom: Ryu & Ken (Street Fighter 0), X and Zero (Mega Man), Demitri and Dante (Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry), Chris and Jill (Resident Evil)

Sega: Shinguji Sakura and Ogami Ichiro (Sakura Wars), Pai and Akira (Virtua Fighter), Kurt and Riela (Valkyria Chronicles), Ulala and Touma (Space Channel 5 and Shining Force EXA)

Namco Bandai: Sanger Somvold (Super Robot Wars), Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken), Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga), Yurie and Estel (Tales of Vesperia), Kaito and Black Rose (.hack)

"The character list is not final. There will be other characters besides the initial announcement, including hidden characters."

"A first trailer for the game will be shown later this month."

SOURCES:

http://andriasang.com/con0lk/project_cross_zone_details/
http://andriasang.com/con0lq/project_x_zone_interview/

Pokemon Conquest shall conquer North America on June 18th:

object-1.jpeg

"Pokémon Conquest, set to launch on June 18, offers a fun new way to play Pokémon in a unique world called Ransei that is filled with adventure. Developed by TECMO KOEI GAMES Co., Ltd., the 2D game can also be played on the Nintendo 3DS system.

6898818100_b4858fcb13.jpg

In Pokémon Conquest, players take on the role of a young Warlord who is linked with a Pokémon. Together, they must set out to recruit Warrior allies to strengthen their growing kingdom. Along their journey, players will encounter a variety of Pokémon, as well as Warriors and Warlords inspired by the Japanese feudal era. The game contains nearly 200 Pokémon, including many from the recent Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version games, which have sold more than 4 million copies combined in the United States.

7044912565_d57970c1f1.jpg

As the battlefield unfolds in Pokémon Conquest, players must choose the correct Pokémon type to inflict maximum damage on their opponents. In the turn-based skirmishes, players choose different tactics for intense six-on-six battles, and battle conditions can change on every turn, keeping players on their toes in anticipation of what will happen next." - Official Press Release

North American Announcement Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUiXhqgNeKU
Pokemon Conquest Intro Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUiXhqgNeKU

SOURCE:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=174892

Fire Emblem: Awakening - DLC Details:

23vxt.jpg

In Japan Fire Emblem: Awakening's first round of download content lets you play as the cIassic Fire Emblem character Marth. Clear the map, and you'll be able to make Marth a party member. The DLC will be available April 19th and will eventually be sold for 300 yen ($2-$3), but it'll be free until May 31st.

In a Iwata Asks column the developers talk about the decision to add DLC:

"Genki Yokota, director on the Nintendo side of the project, revealed that the topic of download content came up towards the end of the project when development was nearing completion. It was a bit tight in terms of scheduling, so instead of the producer saying "Let's add download content," he said something closer to "So, should we add download content?"

Due to how late the request arrived, they weren't able to do things like remove passages from the main game or make adjustments to passages in the game. This may not have been a problem, as Iwata noted that one concern when making a game compatible with download content is that you have to make sure you have enough built into the main game so that you absolutely will not hear criticism that the game is too lacking in content for those who don't buy the DLC.

Kohei Maeda, director on the Intelligent Systems side of the project, said that they're currently in the process of making the download content, and they will keep on making more from here on out.

Elsewhere in the interview, the staff discussed some of the game's non-paid download content. Players will receive a "Spot Pass Team" on a nearly daily basis. This team will consist of characters made in the image of past Fire Emblem characters. You'll be able to fight them, make them into allies, and so-forth. You can expect to receive around 120 teams through Spot Pass." - Andriasang.com

SOURCES:

http://andriasang.com/con0ks/fire_emblem_marth/
http://andriasang.com/con0hv/fire_emblem_dlc/

1up.com pulls a Wub-tastic 3DS April fools day joke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uleS0i4Kgx4

Go Samus! Go Samus!

Zombie Panic in Wonderland headed to the Nintendo e-Shop:

zombie_panic.png

"Zombie Panic in Wonderland 3DS

- Akaoni Studios confirms development of Zombie Panic in Wonderland for 3DS eShop
- development just started
- currently have 2 different ideas: revamp Zombie Panic in Wonderland + or do something involving new gameplay"

SOURCE:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=175567

~Now At Retail~

Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir
14003305.jpg

INFO:

- A spin-off of the Fatal Frame series, developed by Nintendo and TECMO KOEI GAMES
- Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir invites players to experience supernatural thrills they won't soon forget
- Uses the built-in camera functions and augmented-reality features of the Nintendo 3DS system
- The storyline involves a girl named Maya who has been hiding in the darkness of an old house, cursed by a malevolent woman in black
- To free Maya from the curse, players must use the "diary of faces", which is a 16-page AR notebook included with the game
- Use the diary to view ghostly images and interact with the world Maya is trapped in
- The 3DS system becomes the Camera Obscura in players' hands and is capable of revealing the supernatural and dispelling evil spirits
- The lines between reality and fiction blur in this chilling horror adventure

PICS:

EQoQUj9w9apWE9T0J0BogXPxwK4qYUpU.jpgvG4cC990CdfEIpmEIEODOLtYdVMPtK5x.jpg
6522457553_c9e4f39804_o.jpg

VIDS:

(Youtube) Teaser Trailer
(Youtube) Look at this notebook - Short Flim
(Youtube) Launch Trailer

Circle Pad Pro

3ds_slidepad_side.jpg

PRICE: 1,500 yen ($20 - GameStop Exclusive in the US)

POWER SOURCE: 1 AAA Battery (Lasts 480 hours per AAA battery)

FEATURES: 1 Slide Pad, R1 button, R2 and L2 triggers

RELEASE DATE:

Available in NA, EU and JP now

Games announced with Circle Pad Pro support:

- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- Monster Hunter Tri G
- Resident Evil: Revelations
- Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
- Dynasty Warriors Versus
- Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Here in the States, Assault Horizon Legacy has no CPP support...
GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#418 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

I hope FE comes to America.

And keep up the good work Jolly.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 GameboyTroy

Yes. Please make a Wii U version of this thread. It would be very helpful.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 Gamingclone

GameboyTroy

well right now there isnt much note worthy about it besides hundreds of rumors which contradict each other. But I agree, he should do one for the Wii U after E3.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#421 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Bought Colors 3D but I'm a terrible drawer so we'll see how this goes lol.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I got Colors 3D as well. I'm starting to get a hang of the basics, but we'll see how far I'll be able to take my artwork on it.

Still, it's worth the price of admission just to see other peoples' work. :P

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 Kaze_no_Mirai

I got Colors 3D as well. I'm starting to get a hang of the basics, but we'll see how far I'll be able to take my artwork on it.

Still, it's worth the price of admission just to see other peoples' work. :P

Pixel-Perfect
Agreed, theres some real ice stuff up there :shock:
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 GameboyTroy

[QUOTE="GameboyTroy"]

Gamingclone

well right now there isnt much note worthy about it besides hundreds of rumors which contradict each other. But I agree, he should do one for the Wii U after E3.

Here's some stuff that aren't rumors. Sorry for staying off topic.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/official-wii-u-discussion-v8/1283872

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#425 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Just create the Wii U thread after the Nintendo E3.

Avatar image for 195376358372165102514183220412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#426 195376358372165102514183220412
Member since 2003 • 492 Posts

gameofthering

IDK, he's already putting a lot of energy into this thread. There could be a risk of burnout by Jolly if he splits his time/energy into two long-running threads. There's nothing stopping us (the readers) from producing a quality WiiU thread using the same format.

That would be no different than a noteworthy software programmer who developed a free, open-source yet highly essential piece of software that other content creators love to use yet either cannot or doesn't want to contribute to the project:

Software users: This is awesome! When you have the time we want this and this and this implemented!

Developer: But the project is open-source. And I know several of you have the know-how to contribute code to the project. It's free for everyone to manipulate. Have fun.

Software users: ...no, we want YOU to do it. With the same quality. Now, please!

Developer: ... -_-

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 GameboyTroy

[QUOTE="gameofthering"]

jwallace

IDK, he's already putting a lot of energy into this thread. There could be a risk of burnout by Jolly if he splits his time/energy into two long-running threads. There's nothing stopping us (the readers) from producing a quality WiiU thread using the same format.

That would be no different than a noteworthy software programmer who developed a free, open-source yet highly essential piece of software that other content creators love to use yet either cannot or doesn't want to contribute to the project:

Software users: This is awesome! When you have the time we want this and this and this implemented!

Developer: But the project is open-source. And I know several of you have the know-how to contribute code to the project. It's free for everyone to manipulate. Have fun.

Software users: ...no, we want YOU to do it. With the same quality. Now, please!

Developer: ... -_-

If Jolly can't do it then someone else that is willing to put time and effort into making a Wii U thread can.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 Gamingclone

Next Nintendo Direct, tomorrow infact. 4/21/12

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429 GameboyTroy

Next Nintendo Direct, tomorrow infact. 4/21/12

Gamingclone
It could be about anything about what Nintendo is doing. The 3DS is doing well. There is a bunch of games people can choose from this year and some from last year also.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 Gamingclone

If you watched the Nintendo Direct Video, a new 3DS firmware update is coming our way this month on the 25. Though I got that bit from Nintendo's twitter. The firmware update, as shown in the Nintendo Direct Video, reveals that this update will allow 3DS users to organize their 3DS main menu with folders.

Eventhough I cant understand Japanese, I've heard that it was also mentioned in the video that the infamous race track in Mario Kart 7, Maka Wuhu, will be getting patched so that people cant cheat anymore.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#431 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Bought Colors 3D but I'm a terrible drawer so we'll see how this goes lol.Haziqonfire
Same here lol, I bought it but... I can't draw anywhere near the level some of those people do. I mainly downloaded it to view amazing art pictures in 3D lol I will try though to do my best!!
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Bought Colors 3D but I'm a terrible drawer so we'll see how this goes lol.yoshi_64
Same here lol, I bought it but... I can't draw anywhere near the level some of those people do. I mainly downloaded it to view amazing art pictures in 3D lol I will try though to do my best!!

You can do it! *cheers*

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 Gamingclone

I drew a Creeper on Colors! 3D. Link

my creeper

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 Kaze_no_Mirai

Europeans will be able to get their hands on the eShop version of VVVVV May 10th

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/04/vvvvvv_set_to_flip_into_europe_on_10th_may

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 Pixel-Perfect

my creeper

Gamingclone

Looks nice.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#436 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts

Europeans will be able to get their hands on the eShop version of VVVVV May 10th

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/04/vvvvvv_set_to_flip_into_europe_on_10th_may

Kaze_no_Mirai
Took them long enough :P
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 Gamingclone

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

-creeper painting-

Pixel-Perfect

Looks nice.

Thanks, though it looks better in 3D.

JBL81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 JBL81
Member since 2012 • 101 Posts

I'm surprized nobody's been talking about Ketzal's Corridors. It's just a puzzle game similar to Tetris, but it's really addicting and looks pretty good in 3d. Definintely worth a look.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439 Spinnerweb

I'm surprized nobody's been talking about Ketzal's Corridors. It's just a puzzle game similar to Tetris, but it's really addicting and looks pretty good in 3d. Definintely worth a look.

JBL81
Well, we usually talk about games near their release :lol: But I'm not really interested in that game anyway. Then again, I'm not a big fan of puzzlers besides Tetris or Fruitfall (which has more to do with the fact that it's fruit than the actual game :P)
JBL81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 JBL81
Member since 2012 • 101 Posts
[QUOTE="JBL81"]

Spinnerweb
Well, we usually talk about games near their release :lol: But I'm not really interested in that game anyway. Then again, I'm not a big fan of puzzlers besides Tetris or Fruitfall (which has more to do with the fact that it's fruit than the actual game :P)

It hasn't been out that long a (week or two I think). Even when it did come out, nobody was really talking about it. I'm just surprised since its one of those good-but-not-very-popular games that Nintendo kind of ignores.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 Kaze_no_Mirai

JBL81
I got the game when it came, very fun game! :)
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 JollyGreenOne

~Thread Updated!~

Guess who!? It's-a-me! Back once again with another thread update.:D

E3 2012 is next month, and in anticipation of this momentous occasion I've temporarily changed my signature. Do you like it? (full credit goes to whoever made it)

Something a bit funny and sad happend to me over the weekend that made me want to kick myself. My brother went to a Kid Icarus: Uprising GameStop event and met a Nintendo employee there. He said she was nice, and she gave him 4 Kid Icarus AR card packs. :shock: He didn't ask her any questions about E3, 3DS or Wii U. (he was so excited he forgot to :P)

The one day I decide to stay home and I miss meeting someone from Nintendo :cry:, on the bright side he had my 3DS with him so I got some StreetPasses from people at the event and the Nintendo employee, he also gave me 2 of his Kid Icarus card packs. (that I haven't opened yet)

@Haziqonfire, Pixel-Perfect & Kaze_no_Mirai:

I'd love to see what you've all drawn with Colors! 3D if you have any finished art. :D

my creeper

Gamingclone

I love it! I saw how you drew it, and it's clear that you put a lot of effort into this.

Nice color choice and 3D effect, by the way.;) Would it be alright with you if I put this in the Colors! 3D Release Thread?

@The talk about Ketzal's Corridors:

I was going to make a Release Thread for it last week but I put it on hold for Nintendo Direct, so I'd like to have a thread ready before next week.

~Game Updates~

Last week's e-Shop releases have been added to page 1.

3DS Hardware News (on page 1) has been updated with new info.

The Mario Tennis Open section (on page 1) has been updated with 2 new trailers.

The Fire Emblem: Awakening section (on page 1) has been updated with 2 new videos.

The Kingdom Hearts 3D section (on page 1) has been updated with 1 new video.

The Heroes of Ruin section (on page 4) has been updated with 1 new trailer.

The Epic Mickey: PoI section (on page 4) has been updated with 1 new video.

Theatrhythm: FF's section (on page 4) has been updated with new box art and a new video.
(This is one case where I think N.A got the better box art)

~Other News~

New 3DS Color Announced - Midnight Purple:

b-E-XFT2Fye7syTOTjHHg7sEatV0F1Hy.jpg

"The new color will launch May 20, the same day Mario Tennis Open becomes available. The Midnight Purple Nintendo 3DS, offered at a suggested retail price of $169.99 in the United States, becomes the fifth color in the always-stylish Nintendo 3DS color palette, joining Cosmo Black, Aqua Blue, Flame Red and Pearl Pink." - Nintendo

That is one good looking 3DS, but I'm still waiting for that green one nintendo. :P

SOURCE:

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/x74xqCs2HdzhOsznoH2iNA--kxWIddf4

Cave Story Getting a Full-Featured e-Shop release:

tumblr_lxdwqyjVlK1qjw22wo1_500.jpg

"Cave Story is getting another release on the 3DS, though this time it appears to have more in common with the Steam version Cave Story+ than the 2011 3DS remake. This version, unveiled in this month's Nintendo Power, will include a laundry list of modes and features, including jukebox mode, adjustable controls, Boss Rush, Curly Story, Hell Time Attack, Wind Fortress, Nemesis Challenge, and more.

It will also add a widescreen presentation and 3D effect. However, it looks like the DSiWare version, which is out in North America, may be removed from the eShop before this comes out. It will remain in the DSi Shop, though." - NintendoWorldReport

I might pick this version up, since I played a demo of the WiiWare version that I enjoyed.

SOURCE:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29959

Mighty Switch Force Getting a Free Game Update with New Content:

MightySwitchForce_Patricia_byGenzomanDTO

"Mighty Switch Force will be adding five free levels, according to Nintendo Power. The content will be delivered in a game update that will also enhance the game's 3D effect and add a quick-retry button. The game, WayForward's first for the eShop, came out in December 2011 and snuck into our Favorite 10 Games of 2011 list. There is no word on when exactly the new levels will be released." - NintendoWorldReport

YES! Looks like I'll be serving justice again soon.

SOURCE:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29958

Cave Story 3D Gets Fantastic Box Art in Japan:

51Zmtk2nevL__SL500_.jpg

Now that is a good looking piece of cover art.

SOURCE:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=176273

Renegade Kid talks about Planet Crashers & ATV Wild Ride 3D switching from Retail to Digital, Bomb Monkey Coming Soon:

Bomb-Monkey.png

NintendoWorldReport: Ignition is making the decision to publish Planet Crashers 3D on the eShop. How do you feel about the game's chance on the eShop compared to retail?

Jools Watsham: Yeah, I think releasing Planet Crashers as an eShop game is a wise and bold decision. Like I said earlier, asking $30 or $40 for an original game is very difficult these days if it doesn't have the backing of a huge advertising campaign. Most companies can't afford to go gangbusters with every game they release, so it ends up making every release very delicate and risky. I don't know how much Planet Crashers will sell for, but I expect it will be a fraction of what the retail price would have been, which is awesome for the player!

NWR: You originally were pitching ATV Wild Ride 3D as a retail title. At what point did you decide to pull it back and self-publish it as an eShop game?

JW: Yeah, our original approach with ATV Wild Ride 3D was to work with a publishing partner to bring it to retail. I still think it could do very well at retail if it had good distribution. However, the market being what it is has made that a hard sell. I believe in the game. I think it's a great game. I am extremely proud of it in terms of responsive and fun gameplay as well as the incredible visual upgrades we've poured into the game. I was not going to give up on this title.

Having experienced some success with Mutant Mudds, the eShop quickly became the obvious choice for our arcade racer. It has not been easy to self-fund the development, but I am confident that in the end it will all be worth it. NWR: What are the release plans for ATV Wild Ride 3D? JW: We have another month or two of development before the game will be ready to submit to Nintendo for final approval. I hope the game will be released this summer sometime, for approximately $9.99 / 10 Euro.

NWR: What are the release plans for Bomb Monkey?

JW: We hope to complete the development of Bomb Monkey in the next few weeks, so we should be submitting the game to Nintendo for final approval in about a month if everything goes to plan. It will be priced at approximately $4.99 / 5 Euro.

Go here to see the full interview: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/interview/29966

I bet we'll see many lower budget/risky games switching from retail to digital in the future, and honestly it's now more likely that I'll buy Planet Crashers or ATV Wild Ride 3D if they turn out well. I hope this leads to more localizations down the road even if they're digital releases, in my eyes a good game is a good game whether it's retail or digital.

SOURCE:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=176282

Europe getting e-Shop platformer VVVVVV on May 10th: (Thanks Kaze)

vvvvvv_review.gif

"After an update confirming that the title had passed the NoE submission process, a follow-up tweet confirm the news In just 12 glorious characters. MMMMMMay 10th So there you have it, Europe, not long until another must-have title hits the eShop. This will be the version with a functional 'Flip Mode', resolved in a recent update, and if you want to know more don't forget to check out our very own VVVVVV review." - NintendoLife

I've been thinking about buying this, but I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it. I'm already in love withthe musicthough.

SOURCE:

Nicalis bringing 1,001 Spikes to 3DS e-Shop and Wii U Online Shop:

22667.jpg

- remake of 1000 Spikes
- enhaced version features new art, new graphics, new music and sound
- includes multiplayer mode
- supports 4 people local multiplayer
- this is on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- expect a rather punishing game
- a trailer was shown that featured 20 different ways you can be killed
- hitting the eShop first
- due out this year on 3DS, aiming for the Wii U launch as well

From what I heard about this before it was announced is that there would be cross-platform multiplayer functionality with 3DS and Wii U... maybe I heard wrong?

SOURCE:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=175586

Nintendo Direct April 2012:

nintendo_direct.jpg

There was a Nintendo Direct Event last month, if you missed any info check out this thread:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29146664/nintendo-direct-april-2012--lots-of-info-pics-amp-vids

Random Nintendo stuff from around the WEBZ (Vol. 1):

kidnap2.jpg

(Above: Never forget that Miyamoto is ALWAYS watching...)

Best fan made Star Fox video this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XAJEDJJ_Bo

Ignoring Navi Pie is a bad idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trCf9eCmIHY

Some Pokemon are just difficult to deal with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnW9E11HS9A

Which is your favorite vid of the bunch? I really like the first one myself.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 Pixel-Perfect

aaaaaaaaaaa.png

This is the closest I have to a completed piece. Of course, it's just a trace so it's nothing special, and besides I've been having trouble with the app. For some reason entire layers will become distorted or disappear all together. Sadface. But if I can finish what I'm working on without incident, I'll be sure to post it here. :)

Anyways, as a Pokemon nerd I'd have to say the Hypno vs. Zubat video was my favorite. :P

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

The Starfox video was my favorite. It was simply amazing. :o

and I only have one decent painting in Colors 3D.
_84883.jpg
Aurora

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 Gamingclone

Awesomesause.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

Awesomesause.

Gamingclone
Your COLORS painting looks like a ....... :?
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447 Gamingclone

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

Awesomesause.

LastRambo341

:lol:

If there is any confusion. It is a creeper from Minecraft.

creeper

Edit, and also, thanks Jolly! I put like 3 hours worth of effort into it.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

Awesomesause.

Gamingclone

:lol:

If there is any confusion. It is a creeper from Minecraft.

creeper

Edit, and also, thanks Jolly! I put like 3 hours worth of effort into it.

Ah ok :lol: , glad that is cleared up :lol:

Amazing work though!

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449 Spinnerweb
New screenshots of Project X Zone have been posted on Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/project-x-zone/images/
Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#450 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts
Mighty Switch Force getting new levels is awesome. The only thing I didn't like about the game was the small amount of levels.