• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts

So ive been hearing that the graphics were supposed to be like 360s but so far ( from the video reviews on GAMESPOT) its a bit better than the DS.. a bit better than

the N64 but not as good as the wii, will this get better? are there any games coming out which will look better?

Thanks

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
The graphics don't even look a bit better than the DS. Hardly any difference, from what I can tell.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Alot better then the DS. I find Pilotwings Resort to look just about as good as Wii Sports Resort.

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
It's quite a bit better. I wouldn't say they are as good as the 360 but they are definitely comparable to the Gamecube or Wii.
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts
The graphics don't even look a bit better than the DS. Hardly any difference, from what I can tell.Avatar_Taxidous
What? It's much more powerful than a DS. Okay by graphics being as good as the 360 they meant the GPU can do some graphical effects that the 360 can do (many that the Wii can't). CPU wise it's about as powerful as the Gamecube, and ram-wise it's near the Wii. I guess overall it's near the Gamecube power but with a more advanced GPU so some games can do things that the Wii can't even do. Of course it's nowhere near as powerful as a 360 but on the low resolution screens some games might look close if the developers are skilled enough. And also as with any launch the games will eventually look better as developers learn the system and have more time to make games.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#6 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

well considering pilot wings looks alot close to wii sports resort , , its got better graphics then ds its already said that its gc wii quality 3d isnt the same 3d found in movies if thats what ur expecting without glasses , then wrong ,

it does zoom images out at you but not as much as movies do , ,

and yes it will get better the 3ds was just launched no launch title shows the full power , of the units , goldeneye was a rare occasion but thats cause it was nintendos 2nd party , the third party will take some time before we see graphics on par with wii if not better,

asphalt definatelly looks better then asphalt for ds thats for sure , i own them both and ya i have played them both 3ds is alot better then a n64 , lolghost recon definatelly looks better then rainbowsix which was a n64 game

with thatsaid yes the graphics on3ds is 2x better then ds those saying it barely isany betterhave to be joking because i played 2 games of the same name -as said above asphalt , and it looks alotbetterand has better physics as well the one on ds looks like toys , the cars

even the traffic looked like toys, but this one has realistic looking cars some what more realistic traffic and has good ai , with that said , it definately blows anything graphicalyl that ds has to offer which out of the games ive played goldeneye is once again the most powerful looking title on the original ds as it was on the n64

its actually one of few 3d games that have came out for ds , most ds games are still2d , not so with 3ds

Selkc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Selkc
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

They're a lot better than the ds. The in game movie clips look wayyy better.. not very far from high def. The polygons are a lot crisper

AstralDrmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AstralDrmz
Member since 2009 • 784 Posts
The graphics don't even look a bit better than the DS. Hardly any difference, from what I can tell.Avatar_Taxidous
Do you have one? Because the difference between the two is pretty astounding.
JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

[QUOTE="Avatar_Taxidous"]The graphics don't even look a bit better than the DS. Hardly any difference, from what I can tell.AstralDrmz

pretty obvious he doesnt have a 3DS or watched any videos. The DS Lite is like a PS1-N64, 3DS is Gamecube/Wii territory. Of course the launch titles except Pilotwings and Street Fighter arent really showing whats possible.

Caybrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Caybrown
Member since 2004 • 3722 Posts
The 3DS has better graphics than the DS. And i think the graphics are indeed of the Wii or even slightly better.
F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
A bit better then the N64, get your eyes checked son.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
Have you ever played a video game in your life? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6_R5S_TUjc Thats all gameplay footage. The graphics of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries look as good as some early Xbox 360 games.
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

Pilotwings looks equal to Wii Sports Resort on the Wii from my experience. Steel Diver looked better than a DS game but it really wasn't that graphicly impressive. But the 3D worked really well in it

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
A bit better then the N64, get your eyes checked son.F0urTwenty
Street Fighter 4 would have never fit onto the DS with the only concesion being static backgrounds. quit trolling
F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
[QUOTE="F0urTwenty"]A bit better then the N64, get your eyes checked son.darkspineslayer
Street Fighter 4 would have never fit onto the DS with the only concesion being static backgrounds. quit trolling

lolwut? Not trolling, just saying that the guy who said it's only a bit better then N64 graphics needs to get his eyes checked because it's clearly a lot better. I'm trolling how?
ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts
I swear that every time a nintendo console is released a thread pops up that says it looks no better, and probably a little worse than the good ol 64. Haha On the wii board it was a daily experience. And there has not been one DS game I have played that looks a clean and nice as Pilot Wings Resort.
Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

In my opinion its better then the wii's SLIGHTLY!! It was never supposed to be as good as the xbox 360 lol. Wii is 480p Xbox 360 is 1080p at its best. 3DS is roughly in the middle 720p.

LetsPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LetsPlayer
Member since 2010 • 198 Posts
Depends on the game I suppose. I got Street fighter 4... it's f**king amazing... l
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AlmightyDerek

In my opinion its better then the wii's SLIGHTLY!! It was never supposed to be as good as the xbox 360 lol. Wii is 480p Xbox 360 is 1080p at its best. 3DS is roughly in the middle 720p.

Master_Of_Fools
Very few XBOX 360 games run in 1080p and the 3DS is actually running at a lower resolution than the Wii. Besides resolution is only one factor in graphics and really shouldn't be used to determine what's more powerful. Although your argument that the 3DS is much more powerful than the N64 is still valid.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

From the games ive played I would say its dreamcast level... But I mean Resident Evil looks sick, its just the launch line up so w/e.. Games will probably look alot better.. I would say well be seeing things that end up looking better than gamecube games pretty soon.. Ocarina looks that way from what ive seen

Avatar image for LegendaryBadass
LegendaryBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LegendaryBadass
Member since 2005 • 379 Posts

Maybe I'm in the minority here but Street Fighter on the 3DS looks better than it does on my Xbox 360.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Maybe I'm in the minority here but Street Fighter on the 3DS looks better than it does on my Xbox 360.

LegendaryBadass

Eh not really especially in the background.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 riariases
[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"][QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]

Very few XBOX 360 games run in 1080p and the 3DS is actually running at a lower resolution than the Wii. Besides resolution is only one factor in graphics and really shouldn't be used to determine what's more powerful. Although your argument that the 3DS is much more powerful than the N64 is still valid.

Thats confusing. Nearly every one of my games(except TheElderScrolls: Oblivion) says that it runs in 1080p on the back of the game case. And when I click the display button on my TV remote, it also says its displaying in 1080p. I dont think its a "very few" case if all my games(except ONE game from 2005) run in 1080p. But you're right about everything else. When talking about graphical capabilities, theres four or five(as far as I know) things to take into consideration. Screen resolution, Memory/Ram, CPU, GPU and Video Ram. The Wii can run 480p(personally I find 480i smoother on my Wii), and 480p is 480x320 pixels. The 3DS has a resolution of 400x240, and 800x240 when displaying 3D, but because of the 'y' factor(vertical resolution) being 240, it makes it easier to process displays on the 3DS than on the Wii. The Wii also has less ram, 88mb and 3mb GPU ram(?), compared to the 3DS having 96mb of ram, and while the Wii has a better CPU being clocked at 729mhz and the 3Ds having dual 266mhz pCPUs(so 532mhz total), the 3DS has a PICA200 GPU which is clocked in at a minimum of 200mhz, but can reach up to 400mhz without overheating , while the Wii only has a 243mhz GPU. And portables don't need as great specs to create graphics that, to what we percieve, look as good as console graphics. Even the NGP is a good example. The graphics are being defined as "as good as PS3 graphics" because its on a 5" screen, not stretched out on a 50" screen. So you're not gonna see those imperfections that you would on a full sized screen.
kooch664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kooch664
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts

I have one...Based on Pro Evo Soccer and Steeldiver the graphics are extremely disappointing.

Maybe a bit better than the DS, I guess, but NOTHING to wow at for sure

:(

THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

The 3DS has better graphics than the DS. And i think the graphics are indeed of the Wii or even slightly better.Caybrown

No, the graphics are not on par with the Wii. They're closer to those found on the PSP.

LegendaryBadass

Street Fighter looks beautiful and the 3D effects are really cool, but the character models feature lower-resolution textures and more jaggies than what you would find on the Xbox 360 - at least on a good HD TV.

Avatar image for r_a_i_d_e_r_s19
r_a_i_d_e_r_s19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 r_a_i_d_e_r_s19
Member since 2009 • 448 Posts

when 3d is full blast the visuals are AMAZING.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

I'd love to know what DS games you've been playing if you think they look as good as games like Samurai Warrior Chronicles, Super Street Figher 4, or Pilotwings Resort.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dzimm

[QUOTE="Caybrown"]The 3DS has better graphics than the DS. And i think the graphics are indeed of the Wii or even slightly better.THA-TODD-BEAST

No, the graphics are not on par with the Wii. They're closer to those found on the PSP.

Closer to the Wii than the PSP I'd say. At any rate, the 3DS blows the DS away.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

These are just the launch titles, DoA: D and SSFIV look amazing, and same with Nintendog+cats. I also hear that lego starwars look pretty good too. I believe that as time goes by, we will start seeing better looking games. I dont know about everyone else, but those few pics from that new Super Mario 3DS game looks pretty good.

Wii4Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wii4Fun
Member since 2008 • 1472 Posts

[QUOTE="Caybrown"]The 3DS has better graphics than the DS. And i think the graphics are indeed of the Wii or even slightly better.THA-TODD-BEAST

The 3DS is better than the Wii in some areas and much better than the PSP.

FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
whoever said theres hardly any difference needs to take a look at ssf4
THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 THA-TODD-BEAST

[QUOTE="THA-TODD-BEAST"]

[QUOTE="Caybrown"]The 3DS has better graphics than the DS. And i think the graphics are indeed of the Wii or even slightly better.Wii4Fun

The 3DS is better than the Wii in some areas and much better than the PSP.

I don't know, I mean you can say it all you want but until I play games and see it for myself, I'm not going to believe this system can outdo the Wii. Street Fighter does look beautiful, but it's nothing the Wii can't do better. The upcoming Resident Evil games do look great, too, but I'll wait until I play them myself to see what the system can do.

Grovilis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#34 Grovilis
Member since 2008 • 3728 Posts

Hopefully Resident Evil Revelations looks this good in motion.

mamelon2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mamelon2012
Member since 2011 • 309 Posts

Not to reiterate what others have already stated but yes the graphics are leaps and bounds ahead of the DS and this is only judging LAUNCH TITLES. With time, the graphics are only going to get better as devs learn the systems capabilities. So much potential!

waoasis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 waoasis
Member since 2010 • 38 Posts

For the people who are saying 3ds graphics will gradually get better, look at the ds for a moment. Launch titles such as mario n64 and animal crossing is still one of the best looking(graphically impressive) titles on the ds. To be honest, from the games i played its around the gamecube, definately not xbox360. Not even resident evil(its not out yet but still)

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AlmightyDerek
[QUOTE="riariases"][QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"][QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]

Thats confusing. Nearly every one of my games(except TheElderScrolls: Oblivion) says that it runs in 1080p on the back of the game case. And when I click the display button on my TV remote, it also says its displaying in 1080p. I dont think its a "very few" case if all my games(except ONE game from 2005) run in 1080p. But you're right about everything else. When talking about graphical capabilities, theres four or five(as far as I know) things to take into consideration. Screen resolution, Memory/Ram, CPU, GPU and Video Ram. The Wii can run 480p(personally I find 480i smoother on my Wii), and 480p is 480x320 pixels. The 3DS has a resolution of 400x240, and 800x240 when displaying 3D, but because of the 'y' factor(vertical resolution) being 240, it makes it easier to process displays on the 3DS than on the Wii. The Wii also has less ram, 88mb and 3mb GPU ram(?), compared to the 3DS having 96mb of ram, and while the Wii has a better CPU being clocked at 729mhz and the 3Ds having dual 266mhz pCPUs(so 532mhz total), the 3DS has a PICA200 GPU which is clocked in at a minimum of 200mhz, but can reach up to 400mhz without overheating , while the Wii only has a 243mhz GPU. And portables don't need as great specs to create graphics that, to what we percieve, look as good as console graphics. Even the NGP is a good example. The graphics are being defined as "as good as PS3 graphics" because its on a 5" screen, not stretched out on a 50" screen. So you're not gonna see those imperfections that you would on a full sized screen.

Well the 360 does output in 1080p but the games are usually rendered in 720p ( or occasionally less). It just up converts it, which is better than nothing, but not really 1080p. There are some real 1080p games but most of them are XBLA games. Thank you for explaining the rest of the specs though. Some people seem to think that resolution is the only thing that matters, and forget about all the other hardware and effects involved.
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
Way better then DS, Street Fighter 3D looks on par with the Xbox 360 version, with still backgrounds, but 3D graphics make up for it.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 riariases

Resolution is definitely not the only factor or else the original Xbox would have graphics as good as the Xbox 360 because they can both display in 1080p. I use to be the same way so I know exactly what they're thinking. But I was wrong about the 3DS's Ram. Its 128MB, not 96MB( http://nintendo3dsblog.com/revealed-the-memory-of-the-nintendo-3ds ) . And people thinking the 3DS isn't much better than the original Ds, heres a spec comparison.

3DS Ram 128MB, DS Ram 4MB (the 3DS has 32 times the amount of Ram as the DS)
3DS CPU dual 266MHz(2x266MHz=532MHz CPU), DS CPU 67MHz and 33MHz (the 3DS has 5.32 times theCPU as the DS)
3DS GPU 200MHzto 400MHz, DS GPU none (you can multiply the GPU of the DS as much as you want and it will never be as much as the 3DS)

The leap in specs from the DS to the 3DS is the equivalent of going from the PS1 to the PS3(in terms of the specs gap). So yeah, theres a big difference.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]

AlmightyDerek

Actually plenty of Xbox 360 games run at 1080p, every game is able to be played at 1080p, maybe not native resolution, but atleast upscaled. Also the resolution of the 3DS is lower then the Wii's, but since the screen is so much smaller it still looks around the same resolution. The Iphone 4's resolution is much lower then 720p, but the screen is much smaller so it looks nice.
dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dzimm

For the people who are saying 3ds graphics will gradually get better, look at the ds for a moment. Launch titles such as mario n64 and animal crossing is still one of the best looking(graphically impressive) titles on the ds.

waoasis

Nah, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn are two of the most technically impressive games on the DS. Dragon Quest IX is pretty sharp as well.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17812 Posts

[QUOTE="waoasis"]

For the people who are saying 3ds graphics will gradually get better, look at the ds for a moment. Launch titles such as mario n64 and animal crossing is still one of the best looking(graphically impressive) titles on the ds.

dzimm

Nah, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn are two of the most technically impressive games on the DS. Dragon Quest IX is pretty sharp as well.

aye chinatown wars is very good. id also mention okamiden instead of golden sun though. okamiden is a technical miracle..right up there with renegade kids great work. okamiden does have compromises compared to okami but its still a wonder it works at all imho. also..buy okamiden...no excuses...please :D
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#43 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

I guess time will only tell but OoT looks amazing and so does MGS 3. But atm SF IV has the best graphics out of all the launch games.

THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 THA-TODD-BEAST

Way better then DS, Street Fighter 3D looks on par with the Xbox 360 version, with still backgrounds, but 3D graphics make up for it.FPS1337

But it really doesn't. It sort of comes close, but the character models are noticeably less detailed and feature lower-resolution textures and the stages are also lower-res in terms of their textures and have no animation. It looks to me like what a Wii version of Super Street Fighter IV might look like, and perhaps even lower quality than that.

Avatar image for railroberto2007
railroberto2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 railroberto2007
Member since 2007 • 1405 Posts
i have ridge racer so far and the graphics are nothing to write home about. but hey the cgi movie when you start it up is bangin yo
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Only bought SSFIV for the 3DS and all I have to say it's already better looking than anything on the DS by a lot.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

[QUOTE="AstralDrmz"][QUOTE="Avatar_Taxidous"]The graphics don't even look a bit better than the DS. Hardly any difference, from what I can tell.JuanGrande386

pretty obvious he doesnt have a 3DS or watched any videos. The DS Lite is like a PS1-N64, 3DS is Gamecube/Wii territory. Of course the launch titles except Pilotwings and Street Fighter arent really showing whats possible.

Or he's being sarcastic. I mean the difference is like N64 to Gamecube big. Goldeneye 64 to Metroid Prime....

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 riariases
[QUOTE="osan0"][QUOTE="dzimm"]

[QUOTE="waoasis"]

aye chinatown wars is very good. id also mention okamiden instead of golden sun though. okamiden is a technical miracle..right up there with renegade kids great work. okamiden does have compromises compared to okami but its still a wonder it works at all imho. also..buy okamiden...no excuses...please :D

Yeah right. Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker for DS looks as good as PS2 graphics.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

It's much better than the DS; it can beat the PSP as well, can't come close to 360/PS3. If you want power, wait for the NGP

gamer_CNSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gamer_CNSK
Member since 2010 • 175 Posts

Only bought SSFIV for the 3DS and all I have to say it's already better looking than anything on the DS by a lot.

Ballroompirate

So true. I have SSF and imo, it is so good looking with 3D on. I play with the 3D on the whole time and turned up pretty high and it is like the fighters are right there as real things, like watching the fight in a diorama.