3DS eShop questions.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JesusFreak1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 JesusFreak1990
Member since 2007 • 1298 Posts

I am a new 3DS owner, and I have purchased 2 things on the eShop already. My question about the eShop is, since my stuff is linked to my Club Nintendo account, will I be able to re-download the titles I own if I ever have to get another 3DS for any reason (are the titles account bound), or would I have to re-purchase my software?Sony's PSN has it set so all titles you purchase are account bound and can be activated on a max of 5 systems (one at a time of course), and I was hoping eShop was similar.

rapidshot20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 rapidshot20
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

I'm believe the things you download from the eshop are bound to your 3ds. However there is an option in the system settings of the 3ds to transfer downloaded content from one 3ds to another.

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

I'm believe the things you download from the eshop are bound to your 3ds. However there is an option in the system settings of the 3ds to transfer downloaded content from one 3ds to another.

rapidshot20

Very ture, the major downside to this is if your 3DS brakes and doesn't work any more then you lose everything you downloaded :(

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#4 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Nope, Nintendo still uses a system-based authorization system, not an account-based one. You can transfer the license from one 3DS to another (or will be, I assume, the menu option doesn't work yet). If your 3DS breaks, the only recourse is to phone Nintendo directly and send in both your broken 3DS and the replacement. They did something similar for people who bought black Wiis when they came out. It's ridiculous.
JesusFreak1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 JesusFreak1990
Member since 2007 • 1298 Posts
Well that's rather unfortunate, but ty for the info, I hope Nintendo changes the way this works soon.
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Nope, Nintendo still uses a system-based authorization system, not an account-based one. You can transfer the license from one 3DS to another (or will be, I assume, the menu option doesn't work yet). If your 3DS breaks, the only recourse is to phone Nintendo directly and send in both your broken 3DS and the replacement. They did something similar for people who bought black Wiis when they came out. It's ridiculous.

Yeah if it breaks you won't lose your games but the process isn't the easiest, as Nintendo has to do it all. For non broken systems though, you actually can transfer DSi games on your 3DS to another 3DS right now, but 3DS exclusive stuff won't until the firmware updates.