3D went in and out for me did anyone else have the same issue?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jester0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jester0815
Member since 2004 • 618 Posts

I played Pilot Wings at Best Buy, but I only say the 3D for about 4 seconds then it went blurry. I had the 3D set to the max then to the middle to see if that was it, but it still did the same thing. Does anyone here wear contacts or glasses, I think this might be my problem. Anyone experience the same effects? Just wondering.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I'd reccomend messing around with the slider a little more, since for some people, they see 3D with the slider saying 3D is barely on, while others have it in or close to the middle and others have it at max. Also make sure that you are right infront of the 3DS and not standing too close or too far away.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Never tried it. :(
pizzamanopenup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 pizzamanopenup
Member since 2005 • 1350 Posts

You obviously fell out of the sweet spot. You do know that the 3D effect is just an illusion, right? That illusion becomes distorted when you exit a certain viewing angle. Either that or the demo unit was broken. Is that so hard to believe, either? Hundreds of people rubbing their filthy mitts all over it, handling it as if it were their own personal property? I would assume it wouldn't be in the best shape after a week in Best Buy.

jester0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jester0815

The Demo unit was mounted so you couldn't pick it up. I tried moving the slider mutlipule times for the 3D effect to work for me, but like I said it only worked for four seconds for me. I even stepped back as far as I can and got closer too. Still it was blurred. I guess I will try it again. (I am still getting one on launch!)

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

Sometimes...but it was my fault. I felt myself constantly trying to focus on one of the 3d planes (not airplanes). The only issue I really had was how moving it to the side got rid of the 3d...overall I am sure you will get used to it.

jester0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jester0815

cool good to know. I just want to know everyone's reactions to the 3ds. :)

Babugee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Babugee
Member since 2004 • 8388 Posts

The Demo unit was mounted so you couldn't pick it up. I tried moving the slider mutlipule times for the 3D effect to work for me, but like I said it only worked for four seconds for me. I even stepped back as far as I can and got closer too. Still it was blurred. I guess I will try it again. (I am still getting one on launch!)

jester0815
Ummm.. Yea you can.. The 3DS is just mounted on to a VERY powerful magnet... If you give it a good tug you can rip it off and hold it freely.. I'm not lying..
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
[QUOTE="Babugee"][QUOTE="jester0815"]

Ummm.. Yea you can.. The 3DS is just mounted on to a VERY powerful magnet... If you give it a good tug you can rip it off and hold it freely.. I'm not lying..

Its true, I can vouge for you. Its actually a promo game that target and best buy do. If you can rip the 3DS off the stand and get out the store in time then you actually get to keep the 3DS. What a deal. I'm going to best buy later on to try my luck.
dalscowboys22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 dalscowboys22
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts
[QUOTE="Babugee"][QUOTE="jester0815"]

some places are different, have you been to all bestbuys?
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#11 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

I played Pilot Wings at Best Buy, but I only say the 3D for about 4 seconds then it went blurry. I had the 3D set to the max then to the middle to see if that was it, but it still did the same thing. Does anyone here wear contacts or glasses, I think this might be my problem. Anyone experience the same effects? Just wondering.

jester0815
Yes! this is a terrible illnest this system suffers from. It main feature not working properly.
Babugee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Babugee
Member since 2004 • 8388 Posts
[QUOTE="dalscowboys22"][QUOTE="Babugee"][QUOTE="jester0815"]

some places are different, have you been to all bestbuys?

well no :-\ but i thought it was "stuck" too until i pulled it off the podium
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Never tried it. :(OreoMilkshake
Yet?