3D double vision on screen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

as the topic says, more so in some games than others, worse I notice is when playing Legend of Zelda, with the 3D on and the screen centered with my vision, i sometimes see a lot of double vision in the screen, is that normal or does anyone else notice this? I adjust the 3D lower but still see it, i know there are 2 images being aligned into one for the 3D effect so maybe its just something i'll deal with, either way the 3D effects are impressive.

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

You shouldn't be getting any double vision if you hold it in the right place, maybe you could try holding the 3DS at a slightly different angle or you might be moving the 3DS without noticing that you are.

DustinTheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 DustinTheWind
Member since 2002 • 4392 Posts

I've noticed this in Pilot Wings, Street Fighter, and Resident Evil. I don't know how common it is, but I have to turn down the 3D and hold it very still or I get the double vision. Frustrating.

0diN_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 0diN_7
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

I get it too but I've just learned to ignore it. The 3D is impressive though.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#5 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I get it in Zelda when there's an area of particularly large contrast - the shop brackets when you're poking around items in stores, for example, always destroys the 3D effect for me. And I'm not holding the 3DS off center or anything, it's a glitch with the way the screens work. Turning down the 3D effect lessens how out of sync the bright spots are, but it's not really a solution as it also flattens everything else. Hopefully Nintendo's revision fixes the problem.
demon-zer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 demon-zer0
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts

as the topic says, more so in some games than others, worse I notice is when playing Legend of Zelda, with the 3D on and the screen centered with my vision, i sometimes see a lot of double vision in the screen, is that normal or does anyone else notice this? I adjust the 3D lower but still see it, i know there are 2 images being aligned into one for the 3D effect so maybe its just something i'll deal with, either way the 3D effects are impressive.

Prince_Denspion

It sometimes happens on Ocarina of Time. My guess is that Ninendo overdone with dephtexperience causing diverge of the image. If it happens turn the 3D off orlie on your belly on the bed with 3DS in your hand. Your eyes should meet with the display at right angle, and that position should be stable enough to avoid image from diverging. Beside angle and position also try to adjust the distance between your eyes and the screen. Hope it will help

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Prince_Denspion
I've noticed that Zelda gives me trouble in that regard where I don't have trouble with and other game... weird.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#8 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
There are times where double vision occurs. It's usually a result of subconsciously moving the 3DS ever so slightly.
glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

i get it sometimes, but only really notice it when the on screen action is really dark.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I notice it mostly with games with dark colours. If you stand Link against a tunnel or something pure black you see double-ish.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#11 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I get it once in a while but it usually goes away after a while. If it doesn't, I just shut the 3D off :P
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

only in ridge racer when the slider is all the way up

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Try moving it farther away from your face. I have had that happenon OoT I move it back an inch or so and its fine or lower the 3D slightly and its fine. No big deal really.

cboyuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 cboyuno
Member since 2007 • 647 Posts

Ocassionally in zelda. Only if theres like a black background though.